• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Liverpool Youth Teams Thread

Guardian

Banned Users
Let's just say, once again I expected more from him. He did actually score a goal though, having seemingly forgotten how to shoot since last season. It's as if he's developed a bit of " Loftus-Cheek syndrome". Needs to look like he means business and push on.

Quick update on Jones - he has been "putting more into it" in the last two games. Sadly today against Napoli u19s he was starved of the ball when in space in the middle of the pitch. Perhaps the coach should have had a word, as they paid a price in the end.

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
Quick update on Jones - he has been "putting more into it" in the last two games. Sadly today against Napoli u19s he was starved of the ball when in space in the middle of the pitch. Perhaps the coach should have had a word, as they paid a price in the end.
They were cheated today. Napoli never really looked like scoring until there was 2 balls on the field

Redopium

U18 team to play city today at 11.00

Jaros, Walls, Larouci, R. Williams, Clayton, Clarkson, Dixon-Bonnor, Cain, Glatzel, Duncan, Longstaff

Subs: B. Williams, O'Rourke, Hoever, Ritaccio, Sharif.

Guardian

Banned Users
U18 team to play city today at 11.00

Jaros, Walls, Larouci, R. Williams, Clayton, Clarkson, Dixon-Bonnor, Cain, Glatzel, Duncan, Longstaff

Subs: B. Williams, O'Rourke, Hoever, Ritaccio, Sharif.
I'd been wondering where Niall Brookwell has got to. Seems as if he is having a trial at Noocastle. I'm wondering what has gone on with him?

costared

TIA Reserve Team
I'd been wondering where Niall Brookwell has got to. Seems as if he is having a trial at Noocastle. I'm wondering what has gone on with him?
I see the Echo name him as LFC next big thing in an article today.

kopinator14

Miller has the potential to become a top player and he's already capped at international level with Canada!

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
To be honest, I haven't been overly impressed either. Glatzel is the one to watch. He was also involved in that session, but he's not Gerrard's cousin...
Doubt he was called to train with the seniors because he is related to someone. More likely that sometimes it's hard to tell which youth players have the most promise. Especially at this age.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Doubt he was called to train with the seniors because he is related to someone. More likely that sometimes it's hard to tell which youth players have the most promise. Especially at this age.
No, of course not. I should have clarified.

The echo have made that headline about Bobby Duncan simply because he's Gerrard's cousin. In my opinion Coyle, Lewis and Glatzel are all better prospects than Duncan. Not sure I remember seeing Atherton play (probably have but haven't taken any notice) so that's an interesting one.

Sweeting

No, of course not. I should have clarified.

The echo have made that headline about Bobby Duncan simply because he's Gerrard's cousin. In my opinion Coyle, Lewis and Glatzel are all better prospects than Duncan. Not sure I remember seeing Atherton play (probably have but haven't taken any notice) so that's an interesting one.
I don't think Atherton has ever played at U18 level. He is there purely to make up the numbers and is often the reserve goalkeeper.

The article is kind of misleading, or at least the headline is, he was simply selected in the future group which is a weekly rotation. Some of the guys who went to Melwood this week have very little chance to go further - Coyle, Atherton and Virtue for example were all included and if they make it here it will simply be because we have been relegated to League One.

Sweeting

Just got back from the U23s defeat to Derby.

Very similar performance to the 1sts - midfield was largely bypassed and was functional but not creative or capable of retaining possession/building pressure.

Having said that both Virtue and Christie-Davies scored but trust me it was a strange performance.

Redopium

Just got back from the U23s defeat to Derby.

Very similar performance to the 1sts - midfield was largely bypassed and was functional but not creative or capable of retaining possession/building pressure.

Having said that both Virtue and Christie-Davies scored but trust me it was a strange performance.
Defeat was harsh, G. Johnson was excellent throughout.

Kelleher, Williams, Lewis, Johnson, Juanma, Chirivella, Camacho, Viture, Millar, Christie-Davies, Woodburn

Subs: McAulley, McKenzie-Lyle, Gallacher, Tagseth

Sweeting

Defeat was harsh, G. Johnson was excellent throughout.

Kelleher, Williams, Lewis, Johnson, Juanma, Chirivella, Camacho, Viture, Millar, Christie-Davies, Woodburn

Subs: McAulley, McKenzie-Lyle, Gallacher, Tagseth
Ultimately I just don't think our current U23 team is particularly good.

Aside from Lewis, Camacho and Woodburn I struggle to see anyone from today's match threatening the first team and the three mentioned are not sure fire first team squad members either as they all have significant holes in their games.

Transitional year for the U23s while they wait for Brewster to be fit again and the likes of Glatzel, Dixon-Bonner, Larouci & Tagseth to move into the squad.

costared

TIA Reserve Team
Great pity the U 23s are struggling this season. Success breeds success and players will improve quicker in a winning team with high morale.

jgw_geneseo

deeply superficial
Is Woodburn in the squad a different one from Ben? He's on loan (but not getting games)?

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
XI vs Red Star:

Jaros, R. Willams, Clarkson, Clayton, N. Williams, Jones, Cain, Lewis, Adekanye, Camacho, Glatzel

Kelly, Boyes, Hoever, Dixon-Bonner, Longstaff, Larouci, Duncan

costared

TIA Reserve Team
No streams?

Just my question. I am a paid up member of LFCtv etc but they wont let me watch it as I live abroad. Think I will cancel my subscription as Youth coverage has been poor this season and I can get first team coverage anywhere.