Liverpool Youth Teams Thread

Sweeting

Woodburn back in this team makes a massive difference - he's an enormous upgrade on Millar or McAuley in the CF position and maybe the coaching staff will settle on using him as a Firmino-lite from now on. He needs to find "his role".

Hoever, for a 16 year old, has been brilliant at RB.

Sweeting

Finished 1-0 to Liverpool. By far the best performance of the season by the U23s aided by a formation change to the "Chelsea" 3-4-3.

Nat Phillips came back from injury and had a good 45 minutes. The backline of Masterson, Phillips, Johnston is - for an U23s league - a grizzled, veteran threesome so looks a billion times stronger than Johnston-Juanma pairing we have seen recently.

Hoever came in at RWB and had a brilliant performance - hard to believe he is just 16. I saw him play CB at U18s and was not overly impressed but he thrived as a rampaging full back, full of confidence and cute passing.

Camacho was very lively and heavily involved but often lacking end product.

Chirivella had his best game in a long time, looking very composed and good in possession - broke up a bunch of attacks.

Woodburn has potential as a CF in our system. In midfield he is ineffective and out wide he lacks pace but in the CF position his work rate and intelligent movement can make him a weapon.

Redopium

Whatever dude. The players should have passed more to Jones (event hough he didn't play). He didn't get a single pass - so the players are not good enough and the management is not good enough.

PS - what happened to Jones. Why he didn't play this one.
U19 have a big game this week might be the reason.:well done:

Sweeting

Doncaster's manager has been talking about Herbie Kane (who now has 5 goals in his last 5 games).

He mentioned that we are in the process of extending his contract and will likely allow him to see out the full season with Doncaster. He is also leading the league in ball recovery with 18 per game - the next highest is Abu Ogogo with 12.

He has never really shone at youth level but he seems to thrive in the more physical environment of 1st team football.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Jaros, N. Williams, R. Williams, Hoever, Millar, Cain, Coyle, Lewis, Larouci, Camacho, Duncan

Kelly, Boyes, Brookwell, Sharif, Longstaff, Dixon-Bonner, Glatzel

Last edited:

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
1-1 on 16 min

Just before that Camacho missed a sitter that a blind dog with 2 legs tied behind his back would have scored

dockers_strike

Young reds should have been at least 2-0 up before PSG grabbed an equaliser. Looked like the reds had a good shout for a pen before that as well but the ref waved the appeals away.

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
Young reds should have been at least 2-0 up before PSG grabbed an equaliser. Looked like the reds had a good shout for a pen before that as well but the ref waved the appeals away.
That has to be one of the worst misses ever by someone in a Liverpool shirt. Definitely worse than Ronnie Rosenthal's one against villa

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
Poor performance overall tbh by the young lads. That miss by Camacho at 1-0 was telling

dockers_strike

Young reds certainly had chances in this game but poor decisions by Duncan, Millar, Camacho and others did not help. Certainly the ref was far too fussy awarding free kicks against the reds when the ball hit arms and some of his other decisions were bizarre. Hopefully the senior team performs a lot better tonight.

costared

TIA Reserve Team
Young reds certainly had chances in this game but poor decisions by Duncan, Millar, Camacho and others did not help. Certainly the ref was far too fussy awarding free kicks against the reds when the ball hit arms and some of his other decisions were bizarre. Hopefully the senior team performs a lot better tonight.

I would have liked Glatzel to get on earlier and what is the story with Curtis Jones? Have I missed something?.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
PSG caused us problems through our spine and our back line wasn't good, a bit too many leaks against simple balls in behind. On the other side, we missed at least 2-3 glorious chances for more goals at different stages.

What a shockingly embarrassing cock up by Duncan on 63 minutes. It was pitiful they way he insisted on using his left foot to knock the ball in, when it was crying out for him to use his right.

Why do coaches let them away with this nonsense?

costared

TIA Reserve Team
What a shockingly embarrassing cock up by Duncan on 63 minutes. It was pitiful they way he insisted on using his left foot to knock the ball in, when it was crying out for him to use his right.

Why do coaches let them away with this nonsense?

No worse than Camachos miss, ah but of course Bobby Duncan is your whipping boy isn´t he. Had he scored a hat trick I doubt if you would have had a word of praise for him. Must admit I think Glatzel is a better prospect though.

No worse than Camachos miss, ah but of course Bobby Duncan is your whipping boy isn´t he. Had he scored a hat trick I doubt if you would have had a word of praise for him. Must admit I think Glatzel is a better prospect though.
It was worse, but clearly that wouldn't make it right anyway. Check it out again. It was shameful.

Sweeting

Ignore list him mate, much nicer life than seeing a 17 year old lad be constantly picked on.