• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Liverpool Youth Teams Thread

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
1-1 on 16 min

Just before that Camacho missed a sitter that a blind dog with 2 legs tied behind his back would have scored

dockers_strike

Young reds should have been at least 2-0 up before PSG grabbed an equaliser. Looked like the reds had a good shout for a pen before that as well but the ref waved the appeals away.

lillypad_33

TIA New Signing
Are the young'uns on TV anywhere? I put on LFC TV, but it's not there.... on any other channels?

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
Young reds should have been at least 2-0 up before PSG grabbed an equaliser. Looked like the reds had a good shout for a pen before that as well but the ref waved the appeals away.
That has to be one of the worst misses ever by someone in a Liverpool shirt. Definitely worse than Ronnie Rosenthal's one against villa

dockers_strike

Young reds certainly had chances in this game but poor decisions by Duncan, Millar, Camacho and others did not help. Certainly the ref was far too fussy awarding free kicks against the reds when the ball hit arms and some of his other decisions were bizarre. Hopefully the senior team performs a lot better tonight.

costared

TIA Reserve Team
Young reds certainly had chances in this game but poor decisions by Duncan, Millar, Camacho and others did not help. Certainly the ref was far too fussy awarding free kicks against the reds when the ball hit arms and some of his other decisions were bizarre. Hopefully the senior team performs a lot better tonight.

I would have liked Glatzel to get on earlier and what is the story with Curtis Jones? Have I missed something?.

Zoran

PSG caused us problems through our spine and our back line wasn't good, a bit too many leaks against simple balls in behind. On the other side, we missed at least 2-3 glorious chances for more goals at different stages.

Guardian

Banned Users
What a shockingly embarrassing cock up by Duncan on 63 minutes. It was pitiful they way he insisted on using his left foot to knock the ball in, when it was crying out for him to use his right.

Why do coaches let them away with this nonsense?

costared

TIA Reserve Team
What a shockingly embarrassing cock up by Duncan on 63 minutes. It was pitiful they way he insisted on using his left foot to knock the ball in, when it was crying out for him to use his right.

Why do coaches let them away with this nonsense?

No worse than Camachos miss, ah but of course Bobby Duncan is your whipping boy isn´t he. Had he scored a hat trick I doubt if you would have had a word of praise for him. Must admit I think Glatzel is a better prospect though.

Guardian

Banned Users
No worse than Camachos miss, ah but of course Bobby Duncan is your whipping boy isn´t he. Had he scored a hat trick I doubt if you would have had a word of praise for him. Must admit I think Glatzel is a better prospect though.
It was worse, but clearly that wouldn't make it right anyway. Check it out again. It was shameful.

Sweeting

Ignore list him mate, much nicer life than seeing a 17 year old lad be constantly picked on.

costared

TIA Reserve Team
Ignore list him mate, much nicer life than seeing a 17 year old lad be constantly picked on.

Good idea Sweeting. After 26 years coaching mainly U18´s I am probably a bit more tolerant of their mistakes.

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
U18s beat Middlesbrough 6:5 earlier today, Duncan scored four and assisted further two to Glatzel and Dixon-Bonner. He might turn out to be another Adam Morgan but it's safe to say that he's taken to playing in Liverpool's U18s like duck to water.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
U18s beat Middlesbrough 6:5 earlier today, Duncan scored four and assisted further two to Glatzel and Dixon-Bonner. He might turn out to be another Adam Morgan but it's safe to say that he's taken to playing in Liverpool's U18s like duck to water.
Should have scored 8 though and 5 of the 4 goals he scored were lucky/offside/deflected.

Get rid.

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
Should have scored 8 though and 5 of the 4 goals he scored were lucky/offside/deflected.

Get rid.
The fact that he can't get a first team game at this age ahead of out-of-form Firmino, Solanke, Sturridge and injured Brewster speaks volumes... ;)

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
But did he score any with his weaker foot ?

Sweeting

Struggling to find full team news but Liverpool U23s are leading 1-0 against Bournemouth through a Rafa Camacho goal.

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
Struggling to find full team news but Liverpool U23s are leading 1-0 against Bournemouth through a Rafa Camacho goal.
It was the premier 2 league cup and we ended up drawing 1-1. We are 3rd out of 4 teams in the group with 2 pts after 3 games

Sweeting

It was the premier 2 league cup and we ended up drawing 1-1. We are 3rd out of 4 teams in the group with 2 pts after 3 games
So many random trophies and group stages it is difficult to keep up! We never seem to do particularly well in cup competitions at youth level.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
https://www.stuttgarter-zeitung.de/...aus.a1e78b28-4a62-4412-9147-d3864282014a.html

LFC Under 19s to take part in the prestigous Mercedes Benz Junior Cup in Sindelfingen (near Stuttgart) in january. It's a indoor tournament which is being played every year since 1991. Famous footballers who played in that tournament before having their breakthrough are Özil, Kimmich, Rashford, Sane, Neuer, Khedira, Balde Keita, Höwedes, Bacary Sagna, Nuri Sahin, Alexander Hleb...