Liverpool Youth Teams Thread

Nikola

Mediocre outcome is the probable outcome.
Admin
U18s beat Middlesbrough 6:5 earlier today, Duncan scored four and assisted further two to Glatzel and Dixon-Bonner. He might turn out to be another Adam Morgan but it's safe to say that he's taken to playing in Liverpool's U18s like duck to water.

Kopstar

★★★★★
U18s beat Middlesbrough 6:5 earlier today, Duncan scored four and assisted further two to Glatzel and Dixon-Bonner. He might turn out to be another Adam Morgan but it's safe to say that he's taken to playing in Liverpool's U18s like duck to water.
Should have scored 8 though and 5 of the 4 goals he scored were lucky/offside/deflected.

Get rid.

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
But did he score any with his weaker foot ?

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
Struggling to find full team news but Liverpool U23s are leading 1-0 against Bournemouth through a Rafa Camacho goal.
It was the premier 2 league cup and we ended up drawing 1-1. We are 3rd out of 4 teams in the group with 2 pts after 3 games

Sweeting

It was the premier 2 league cup and we ended up drawing 1-1. We are 3rd out of 4 teams in the group with 2 pts after 3 games
So many random trophies and group stages it is difficult to keep up! We never seem to do particularly well in cup competitions at youth level.

GermanRed

https://www.stuttgarter-zeitung.de/...aus.a1e78b28-4a62-4412-9147-d3864282014a.html

LFC Under 19s to take part in the prestigous Mercedes Benz Junior Cup in Sindelfingen (near Stuttgart) in january. It's a indoor tournament which is being played every year since 1991. Famous footballers who played in that tournament before having their breakthrough are Özil, Kimmich, Rashford, Sane, Neuer, Khedira, Balde Keita, Höwedes, Bacary Sagna, Nuri Sahin, Alexander Hleb...

Sweeting

It got a bit lost since the 1st team played, but Liverpool U23s bounced back from being destroyed 7-0 by Villarreal B and beat Hertha Berlin II 3-1.

McAuley, Larouci and Millar scored.

Kelleher
Williams Masterson Johnston
Hoever Coyle Chirivella Larouci
Christie-Davies McAuley Markovic

It got a bit lost since the 1st team played, but Liverpool U23s bounced back from being destroyed 7-0 by Villarreal B and beat Hertha Berlin II 3-1.

McAuley, Larouci and Millar scored.

Kelleher
Williams Masterson Johnston
Hoever Coyle Chirivella Larouci
Christie-Davies McAuley Markovic
That just reminds me that Markovic is still here. Brendan Rodgers claimed he had pulled a coup in securing "one of the hottest" talents of Europe.

Probably a stupid question to ask but why do we play with a 3 back in the academy when we play 4 in the senior team? Doesn't really make sense as I thought all teams would play the same formation all the way up.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Probably a stupid question to ask but why do we play with a 3 back in the academy when we play 4 in the senior team? Doesn't really make sense as I thought all teams would play the same formation all the way up.
Due to the personnel available would be my guess, I haven't followed too closely recently.

I think it's good for the kids to play in a few different styles and formations anyway.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Also, I noticed somebody posted an article about Hoever in another thread which was eulogising over him. I've seen him 3 or 4 times now and I can see why, a very intelligent and technically sound player. At 16 he doesn't look out of place with players 5 and 6 years older than him.

Pretty sure the kid will play football at a very high level even if it's not with us.

Sweeting

The CBs we have at that level are not particularly great individual players so we were taking a few batterings early this season. As much as developing is important, taking thumpings every week is not great for morale. The switch in formation has seen us winning again.

Agree on style and maintaining consistency but I don't think formation and style are the same. Look at the first team last few games. We've at times been in a 433, 4231, 4411 and 442. Last season we used 343 quite often with mixed results.

Tactical flexibility will be important for anyone who wants to play in our first team.

jgw_geneseo

Expert YouTube scout
Also, I noticed somebody posted an article about Hoever in another thread which was eulogising over him. I've seen him 3 or 4 times now and I can see why, a very intelligent and technically sound player. At 16 he doesn't look out of place with players 5 and 6 years older than him.

Pretty sure the kid will play football at a very high level even if it's not with us.
I think I've seen somewhere that his position will eventually be CB. Did a quick search and couldn't find the article I was thinking of, but makes sense. One of those players who seems uber composed at all times. Never looks rushed from the little I've seen of him, which is a nice trait to have in a cb. Be interesting to track and see how he develops.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Yeah, I didn't see enough of him, but early signs looking at his style (stature considering his age, ball manipulation, decisions, defensive qualities), it wouldn't surprise me if Hoever ended up at CB, with a path similar to Gomez (able to cover all positions at the back due to being mobile, reading the game and technically able, but maybe being more suited to end up centrally than go up and down a flank). So we'll see. Maybe the two of them in the future?

:-)

Yeah, I didn't see enough of him, but early signs looking at his style (stature considering his age, ball manipulation, decisions, defensive qualities), it wouldn't surprise me if Hoever ended up at CB, with a path similar to Gomez (able to cover all positions at the back due to being mobile, reading the game and technically able, but maybe being more suited to end up centrally than go up and down a flank). So we'll see. Maybe the two of them in the future?

:-)
I was actually thinking he'd make a good CDM. His distribution is good, he has vision, and he seems comfortable in playing a first touch pass. Time will tell I guess.

Anyway, we play Napoli in the Youth CL today and have already qualified the group. Correct?

costared

TIA Reserve Team
I was actually thinking he'd make a good CDM. His distribution is good, he has vision, and he seems comfortable in playing a first touch pass. Time will tell I guess.

Anyway, we play Napoli in the Youth CL today and have already qualified the group. Correct?

Surprisingly this game does not seem to be on LFTV. Anyone know if it is on anywhere else?

O.K. BT sport 2.