• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Liverpool Youth Teams Thread

Sweeting

Couple of names in there I'm not familiar with. Good luck boys.

Edit: Actually only Jake Cain. Not sure I've seen his name before.
I've been meaning to update profiles but never get the time. Maybe a Christmas activity for me when I'm in the in-laws house.

Jake Cain has been a bit of a surprise this season, has managed to become a regular starter for the U18s. He has a a good range of passing, takes most of the set pieces. I think I'm right in saying he scored a free kick a few weeks ago. He is from the Adam Phillips, Jordan Lussey mould.

I need to see more of him to form a better opinion though.

Sweeting

The internet hype train is in full effect for Hoever already. Just read one guy on reddit say "He is literally like Van Dijk for the U23s. He wins every header and sprays passes left and right".

Unless van Dijk has turned into a rampaging full back then that is just a load of tosh.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Ad-free Member
The internet hype train is in full effect for Hoever already. Just read one guy on reddit say "He is literally like Van Dijk for the U23s. He wins every header and sprays passes left and right".

Unless van Dijk has turned into a rampaging full back then that is just a load of tosh.
Rhys Williams looks a bit like Van Dijk. Doesn't play like him from the little I've seen, though.

Sweeting

Rhys Williams looks a bit like Van Dijk. Doesn't play like him from the little I've seen, though.
One good game on a televised U23 match and a training picture of him with the first team and there will be similar rave reviews out there for Williams too, no doubt.

Speckydodge

TIA Squad Member
Jaysus anyone with an eye would say Hoever looks more Gomez then Virg. Those comments do no favours in giving the kid a chance though, let him be his own player and hopefully develop as we hope without any unnecessary pressure.

Sweeting

Finished 1-1.

Chirivella scored after Millar layed it off to him on the edge of the area.

Swansea equalised a few minutes into extra time with a beautifully hit volley flat into the bottom right corner.

Liverpool nearly stole the points at the end, Ritacchio was fouled in the penalty area in the 95th minute. Chirivella took responsibility but his penalty was saved (U23s have now missed their last 3 pens).

Guardian

Banned Users
The talented Mason Greenwood played a big part in Man U knocking out the previously unassailable Chelsea, scoring three goals in their 4-3 win last night.

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
The talented Mason Greenwood played a big part in Man U knocking out the previously unassailable Chelsea, scoring three goals in their 4-3 win last night.
You should be post over on a different forum , this is a Liverpool forum and you are posting in a Liverpool youth team thread.
You might care about utd players but personally I'm more interested in what OUR youths are doing than utd's

Sweeting

Played as a CB. He's been a 'maurading' RB so far in the youth set up, hasn't he? Is this the first time he was at CB?
No, at that level he has been a CB. Been pretty average as well from what I've seen (I haven't seen the U19s v Napoli yet).

U23s he is purely a RB so far.

Sweeting

Youth Cup vs Portsmouth

Jaros
Walls Williams Clayton Boyes
Dixon-Bonnar Cain Clarkson Sharif
Glatzel Duncan

Glatzel has hit the bar and had a goal ruled out for offside early on.

Sweeting

2-0 Sharif

Duncan turns well in midfield and threads a pass through to an onrushing Abdi Sharif who drives into the penalty area and finishes well with his left foot.

Portsmouth have been dangerous but Liverpool are clinical.

Sweeting

2-1 Portsmouth

Duncan is the centre of everything today! He blocks a free kick with his hand and the referee correctly gives a penalty.

Portsmouth player blasts it into the roof of the net.

Sweeting

2-2

Portsmouth equalise after a goalmouth scramble. The Reds had chances to clear but it eventually fell kindly for a side foot finish into an empty goal. Portsmouth have been the better side im the 2nd half.

Sweeting

3-2 Duncan

Quick corner taken to Glatzel, he turns a defender and fires across the box to find an unmarked Duncan who turns in what is surely a winner.

Sweeting

Full Time
Liverpool 3-2 Portsmouth
Duncan x2, Sharif

Portsmouth unlucky after a good performance in the 2nd half. Bobby Duncan ends with two goals and an assist.

Liverpool face Accrington Stanley at home in the next game.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Full Time
Liverpool 3-2 Portsmouth
Duncan x2, Sharif

Portsmouth unlucky after a good performance in the 2nd half. Bobby Duncan ends with two goals and an assist.

Liverpool face Accrington Stanley at home in the next game.
How can he have such an impact when he's too rubbish to play for England Youth sides!?!?

Guardian

Banned Users
You should be post over on a different forum , this is a Liverpool forum and you are posting in a Liverpool youth team thread.
You might care about utd players but personally I'm more interested in what OUR youths are doing than utd's
lol Liverpool are IN
How can he have such an impact when he's too rubbish to play for England Youth sides!?!?
He's not the first and won't be the last. Anyone should know that!