Liverpool Youth Teams Thread

costared

TIA Reserve Team
Interesting piece on the homepage about the exciting youngsters coming through the youth ranks. Now, we all know that talented teenagers don’t always make it- for every Gerrard there are a thousand Le Tallecs- but we could have a very good homegrown core in the senior squad in a couple of years’ time.

I suppose the dream scenario would be to have a “world class” academy product in each position; a more realistic one would be to have a viable alternative to the starting player in each position and, judging by the article at least, we could be on our way there.

It’d be interesting to see how the opinions of those of us here who watch the youngsters regularly compare with those expressed in the article.

I think that is a bit optimistic.

Redopium

Sporting Lisbon have made an approach to sign Liverpool youngster Rafa Camacho on loan in January.Liverpool have also been contacted by a number of Championship clubs asking about Camacho's availability.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Anybody know if Brewster's nearing a return? I seem to recall the injury was supposed to put him out to around Christmas time but I don't know whether that was subsequently revised or how his recovery has been going?

Redopium

Anybody know if Brewster's nearing a return? I seem to recall the injury was supposed to put him out to around Christmas time but I don't know whether that was subsequently revised or how his recovery has been going?
He's back in light training a couple of weeks but I don't think we will see him anytime soon.

Guardian

Banned Users
It will be interesting to see if future England star Curtis Jones is brought in for the FA Cup match against Wolves - but he'll need to have shown Klopp he is seriously "going for it".

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
It will be interesting to see if future England star Curtis Jones is brought in for the FA Cup match against Wolves - but he'll need to have shown Klopp he is seriously "going for it".
Earth doesn't revolve around Jones. Atleast not yet. Your obsession with Jones is putting me off from hoping the best for the lad. Please stop.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
Does anyone know who will travel to germany for the indoor tournament over the weekend?

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
https://www.stuttgarter-zeitung.de/...aus.a1e78b28-4a62-4412-9147-d3864282014a.html

LFC Under 19s to take part in the prestigous Mercedes Benz Junior Cup in Sindelfingen (near Stuttgart) in january. It's a indoor tournament which is being played every year since 1991. Famous footballers who played in that tournament before having their breakthrough are Özil, Kimmich, Rashford, Sane, Neuer, Khedira, Balde Keita, Höwedes, Bacary Sagna, Nuri Sahin, Alexander Hleb...
Liverpool won the tournament after beating Bayern in the semi final and Rapid Vienna in the final.

https://www.youtube.com/user/mercedesbenzfussball

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
What's going on with Camacho? He's being talked about as making an appearance against Wolves but the main site has a story where Sporting Lisbon reps were supposedly coming to negotiate a deal last Friday.

Limiescouse

What's going on with Camacho? He's being talked about as making an appearance against Wolves but the main site has a story where Sporting Lisbon reps were supposedly coming to negotiate a deal last Friday.
Made the bench two weeks ago, then the week after the news breaks about a permanent deal (of some variety) to go back to Portugal. It's all a little confusing, but there is some speculation that we are willing to move him on, but with injuries to Gomez and Matip may try and leave it until later in the window.

jgw_geneseo

deeply superficial
Made the bench two weeks ago, then the week after the news breaks about a permanent deal (of some variety) to go back to Portugal. It's all a little confusing, but there is some speculation that we are willing to move him on, but with injuries to Gomez and Matip may try and leave it until later in the window.
I saw somewhere we are going to use him tomorrow in the cup then allow him to go. I think the echo, but can't remember.

Limiescouse

I saw somewhere we are going to use him tomorrow in the cup then allow him to go. I think the echo, but can't remember.
That is the whisper, and it makes sense. If we get past Wolves both Gomez and Matip will probably be in contention for the next round allowing us to rotate at the back without resorting to youth team options. So that sort of approach would make sense, and so its difficult to tell whether this idea is the result of a legit source or its just one those stories that makes too much sense to not just pull it out of thin air and have it seem truthy.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Does anyone know when Brewster is back from his injury , thought he was back in December but have heard nothin
He's back in light training a couple of weeks but I don't think we will see him anytime soon.

jgw_geneseo

deeply superficial
Remi Savage looks a good player. Maybe he's just bigger than the rest so he stands out. Listed as a defender on the main site, but looks useful with the ball. I grew up in Buffalo, NY and played indoor every winter with the boards, brings back some good memories. Very different game than outdoors on grass! Game goes a million miles an hour. Looks like they all enjoyed themselves.

Guardian

Banned Users
Latest update - Reading Britain's finest newspaper, The Mail, today, it seems Jones will be playing (from the sound of it).

It's time he did!

costared

TIA Reserve Team
As do I. The problem is that Alisson is only 26, so (barring a major downturn in his form) has at least six more seasons in front of him. Grabara turns 20 tomorrow; he’ll be the same age Alisson is now before he gets even a sniff of becoming our number one. Will he be content to wait that long?
Maybe with a good loan or two.

Sweeting

U23s are playing against Spurs away currently in a stupidly arranged game.

McKenzie-Lyle
Masterson Whelan Johnston
Williams Randall Coyle Chirivella Juanma
Duncan Millar

Atherton; R. Williams, Glatzel, McAuley

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
Impressive showing from Hoever, Camacho and Jones. Obviously, Camacho might go out on loan or not sign a new contract but I hope he signs it, the kid's a natural in right back position, in my opinion, especially for someone that young. Obviously, his versatility is a plus but since proper fullbacks are hard to come by these days, I hope he plays that role for Liverpool in the future. Between him and TAA, that position could be sorted for the foreseeable future.