• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Liverpool Youth Teams Thread

costared

TIA Reserve Team
Camacho played well as a striker for the U23 against BHA U23. Scott Jones also did well but sadly Hoever did not get a chance to show his talents due to a brainless piece of refereeing.

jgw_geneseo

deeply superficial
Nothing in here that is not really common sense, but an interesting article about youth prospects trying to break through and looking abroad for chances. Curtis Jones is mentioned as being scouted, so I'll leave it here.

A few interesting quotes from anonymous scouts and directors of football types, along with anonymous parents: One football figure who attended the under-23 match between Arsenal and Manchester City at Boreham Wood on Monday evening said “you’d probably have to go to a World Cup to find more international scouts”, etc. etc.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/bundesliga-jadon-sancho-callum-hudson-odoi-premier-league-transfer-news-epl-a8729736.html

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Ad-free Member
Put it down to senile decay mate. Think I have been watching football for to long. I´ll go with Curtis Jones. I knew it was some " modern" christian name. :-)
Don't Google Scott Jones Liverpool!

Joe Gomez x

Anyone know how good Kelleher is? Looking highly rated by Jürgen, but will he ever be good enough for us or..

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
At the moment it seems like he's a bit ahead of Grabara (I've noticed we rotated them while Kamil wasn't out on loan in terms of who would train/travel with the team as 3rd choice, etc.), at least since last pre-season. Think Klopp then said something like he's satisfied with how he progressed and praised his ball playing skills. It will be very difficult for any young up and coming goalkeeper in the next years if Alisson is fit and consistent. It generally is, but in this case especially considering Alisson's strong first season and he looks like one of the best in the game right now. Think we'll get an experienced/cheapish backup to replace Mignolet next summer.

Guardian

Banned Users
A bit of youth cup news - Arsenal won the big clash with Spurs 5-2 AET = Genuine major talents Saka and Amaechi both started (for Arsenal).

costared

TIA Reserve Team
Anyone know how good Kelleher is? Looking highly rated by Jürgen, but will he ever be good enough for us or..
Obviously I have only seen him in Televised youth games. He seems to have improved a lot this season and is very good at U23 level but I must admit I slightly prefer Grabara, but I tend to agree with Zorans view.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
I also like Grabara (and then Kelleher emerged out of nowhere, to a similar level?), from what I've seen. Both seem like good prospects. Maybe we thought Grabara was more in the need of serious games out on loan and our staff in that moment rated Kelleher that bit more.

Redopium

From what I've seen of the two of them playing for u23's Grabara was better than kelleher but the start of this season Klopp promoted kelleher to no3 behind migs, I was a bit surprised to be honest but Klopp gets most things right so we will see.

Sweeting

All Markovic does is play 'wall passes'. No desire to influence the game at all.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad
At this level Markovic should be dominating but he's not. He is clearly not bothered, he's so casual. He's on a good wage and he seems satisfied with his lot. Need to ship this waste of space out asap.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Ad-free Member
Jones off, Juanma on. I thought this game couldn't get any less interesting.

costared

TIA Reserve Team
Thought Jones was playing very well until his injury. Hope it s not to serious.

jgw_geneseo

deeply superficial
What's going on with Woodburn? At some point he just needs some games, he's been in nowhere land for year and a half now with failed loan this year. Didn't play a bunch of football last year either for youth sides. Surprised he didn't play for u23s today. Is he injured?

Sweeting

What's going on with Woodburn? At some point he just needs some games, he's been in nowhere land for year and a half now with failed loan this year. Didn't play a bunch of football last year either for youth sides. Surprised he didn't play for u23s today. Is he injured?
They're trying to get him out on loan again so they probably didn't want to risk any injury by playing him.

Redopium

liverpool u18's v Accrington, FA youth cup, 7pm.

Jaros, Walls, Larouci, R. Willams, Savage, Clarkson, Sharif, Dixon-Bonner, Glatzel, Duncan, Longstaff

Subs: Kelly, Ritaccio, O'Rourke, Boyes, Bearne

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
liverpool u18's v Accrington, FA youth cup, 7pm.

Jaros, Walls, Larouci, R. Willams, Savage, Clarkson, Sharif, Dixon-Bonner, Glatzel, Duncan, Longstaff

Subs: Kelly, Ritaccio, O'Rourke, Boyes, Bearne
On LFC TV I presume

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Ad-free Member
Strong team, 6-8 nil here wouldn't surprise me.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Ad-free Member
2-0 at half time. Rhys Williams and Glatzel with headers assisted by Clarkson and Larouci. Incidentally, Clarkson and Larouci have been the best players on the pitch.

Accrington are defending fairly well and have had a couple of chances, putting up more of a fight than I expected. Liverpool haven't got out of 2nd gear yet.