• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Liverpool Youth Teams Thread

dockers_strike

The youth team coaches need to sort the discipline of the young reds out especially when playing united. We had two more players sent off yesterday against them and let a potential victory slip away again. Im all for coaches geeing up players but the number of sendings off we are seeing against that lot is beyond a joke.

Sweeting

The youth team coaches need to sort the discipline of the young reds out especially when playing united. We had two more players sent off yesterday against them and let a potential victory slip away again. Im all for coaches geeing up players but the number of sendings off we are seeing against that lot is beyond a joke.
We only had 1 player sent off, Brookwell.

Haven't seen his red card but the one Boyes picked up a few weeks ago was a clumsy tangle of legs whilst last man - not really a discipline issue.

dockers_strike

We only had 1 player sent off, Brookwell.

Haven't seen his red card but the one Boyes picked up a few weeks ago was a clumsy tangle of legs whilst last man - not really a discipline issue.
My bad, the way the echo reported it, I read it as two. But we've had a number of players at youth and U23 level being sent off against them so I think the point is still valid.

Guardian

Banned Users
It was one way traffic but United lacked sufficient quality in the final quarter.

Guardian

Banned Users
And an other interesting observation - Wigan have, unusually, two England u17 players in their team: David Weir's lad and Joe Gelhardt an odd looking specimen but who is very lively and scores goals. If Liverpool go through they have a plumb tie against Bury in the Semis.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Ad-free Member
u23s on now against West Ham, 10 mins in.

Some of the u23 games this year have been quite uninteresting given the lineups, not to be harsh but there's been a load of lads who definitely don't have a future here. Tonight we have Jones, Lewis and Glatzel on the pitch so there's a bit of interest there.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Oh yes! Will most probably have to change shifts at work. Will be there for sure, also more Liverpool supporters from this area (like last season at Maribor). Will be a joy to watch our kids beat Dinamo (can't live with this sudden hype/love for that club in Zagreb since they got some quality European results since decades).

:well done:

Redopium

Liverpool u18 v Blackburn u18.

Atherton, N. Williams, Savage, Brookwell, Boyes, Ritaccio, Dixon-Bonner, Bearne, O'Rourke, Duncan, Cain

Subs: Jaros, Tagseth, Raitanen, Clarkson, R. Williams.

Won 7-2. Duncan 3, O Rourke 2, Cain 1, Tagseth 1.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Ad-free Member
Just been watching the highlights of the recent u18 games whilst waiting for the UFC to start, it struck me how many good midfielders we have at that level; Dixon-Bonner, Cain, Bearne and Clarkson have all looked good whenever I've seen them. None of them stand out so far so it's tough to predict that any will make it here but we'll see over the next year or two if any of them can really step it up in their development.

Duncan's link up play seems to be improving too, looks more composed on the ball than previously which is a good sign as goals at this level will only get you so far. Fidel O'Rourke will be getting more chances now that Glatzel has seemingly moved up to u23 permanently now, possibly due to Markovic leaving?

Looking forward to seeing Chamberlain playing with the U23s soon and hopefully Woodburn and Brewster won't be too fair away either.

Redopium

Liverpool U23s XI vs. Everton tonight: Kelleher; Hoever, Whelan, Johnston; Randall, Coyle, Christie-Davies, Lewis; Camacho, Jones, Woodburn

Subs: George, Juanma, Masterson, Gallacher, McAuley

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Ad-free Member
Woodburn nearly gets his leg snapped by a dreadful tackle, right in front of the referee, not even a foul given.

Refereeing is a tough job but when you see something like that it's inexplicable really.

Everton 1-0 up and are defending fantastically. Liverpool need to change the midfield, a 3 of Coyle, Davies and Randall isn't going to worry anyone. I'd get McCauley on and move Jones into the middle.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Ad-free Member
I didn't watch it as it was my wife's birthday and I've heard that it is rude or something to watch the U23s on your phone in a nice restaurant.

We got beat 2-0 anyway.
Shankly would disagree ;-)

“Of course I didn’t take my wife to see Rochdale as an anniversary present. It was her birthday. Would I have got married in the football season? Anyway, it was Rochdale reserves.”

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Reminder that the Youth Cup game v Bury starts in 10 minutes. Funny, it's live on TV here on one of the sports channels that cover PL football in the Balkans. Nice chance to watch our kids before the CL.

costared

TIA Reserve Team
On Croatian channel SK3 on Mobdro. We are leading 1-0 at the moment.

Glatzel scored. Duncan made it.

Bad mistake let´s Jake Cain in for number 2. They took a short goal kick, pass was underhit and the defender was not ready for so made a mess of his attempted pass. Just on HT.

Another for Glatzel. LFC clearly a cut above Bury .Decent crowd ,awful conditions.

Last edited:

Redopium

Jaros, Walls, Larouci, R. Williams, Boyes, Clarkson, Sharif, Cain, Glatzel, Duncan, Dixon-Bonner

Subs: Kelly, O'Rourke, Ritaccio, Tagseth, N. Williams.

2-0 ht Glatzel with his 25th of the season and Cain, Glatzel with another and bury score 3-1, Rhys Williams makes it 4-1.
Duncan with no 5 Glatzel assist, result 1-5. :celebrating:

Last edited:

costared

TIA Reserve Team
On Croatian channel SK3 on Mobdro. We are leading 1-0 at the moment.

Glatzel scored. Duncan made it.

Bad mistake let´s Jake Cain in for number 2. They took a short goal kick, pass was underhit and the defender was not ready for so made a mess of his attempted pass. Just on HT.

Another for Glatzel. LFC clearly a cut above Bury .Decent crowd ,awful conditions.
72 mins and 4-1. Rhys Williams.

Another for Duncan courtesy of Glatzel

All over- 5-1

Last edited: