• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Liverpool Youth Teams Thread

football.tiger

TIA Squad Member
Lovely article.

There's a Pako one to!

MinniMo

I see Derby v Liverpool U23's is on LFCTV GO this Friday. I do have LFCTV, but not the GO, so how can I watch this match?

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Ad-free Member
I see Derby v Liverpool U23's is on LFCTV GO this Friday. I do have LFCTV, but not the GO, so how can I watch this match?
Be a go-getter and get the Go.

Or find a stream online.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Ad-free Member
What do you guys make of Rhys Williams?

Just been reading a piece on the Echo comparing him to Van Dijk (physically big, calm, confident, good communicator etc). Would be nice to think we had another talent coming through at CB...

Sweeting

What do you guys make of Rhys Williams?

Just been reading a piece on the Echo comparing him to Van Dijk (physically big, calm, confident, good communicator etc). Would be nice to think we had another talent coming through at CB...
Probably wouldn't be getting compared to van Dijk by people if he were white...

Anyway he looks a decent talent but I don't think we are particularly great at developing centre backs. He's probably the best one we have had (not including Gomez) in years but then again the CB quality has been appauling at youth level - Whelan, Masterson, Juanma, Johnston etc.. none of them are going to come close to making it.

dockers_strike

Jones opens the scoring.

The Ox unsurprisingly looking a little breathless. Slight concern with him earlier seemed to be rubbing the back of his thigh.

dockers_strike

The Ox seems to be getting his second breath in the game. A few nice touches. Not unexpectedly, the other players on the pitch look a lot quicker and fitter. But it's a few more steps on the road back.

dockers_strike

Ox comes off after 40 minutes. No injuries on the face of it but I bet he aches tonight!

Echo reporting he left with a physio but Im sure they will be going through some warm down exercises and checking him over.

dockers_strike

After a bit of confusion, the ref awards derby a goal. 3-1.

Not sure where the ref gets 5 minutes added time from!

Game over.

Last edited:

Zinedine Biscan

Ad-free Member
I didn't really know where to put this, so apologies, but Shamal George and his brother hurt last night while out in the city centre, in a suspected racially motivated attack:

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
I didn't really know where to put this, so apologies, but Shamal George and his brother hurt last night while out in the city centre, in a suspected racially motivated attack:

Will refrain from saying too much as there will likely be a court case but I hope they both recover fast and that whatever justice is merited comes to pass.

RaoulDuke

Wind-Down Merchant
Will refrain from saying too much as there will likely be a court case but I hope they both recover fast and that whatever justice is merited comes to pass.
That sounds interesting.
What could you say in here that might influence a possible court case?

Zinedine Biscan

Ad-free Member
It shouldn't be a problem unless you're posting something that could identify the accused, and I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest nobody here knows who these knobends are.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
It shouldn't be a problem unless you're posting something that could identify the accused, and I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest nobody here knows who these knobends are.
I thought in cases such as this it could get the site into trouble? Speculating as to who did it, how many, if it was racially motivated, provoked or unprovoked etc etc?

Zinedine Biscan

Ad-free Member
I thought in cases such as this it could get the site into trouble? Speculating as to who did it, how many, if it was racially motivated, provoked or unprovoked etc etc?
It's obviously up to Matt and Max what they want the site policy to be, but as part of my job I've been writing about criminal offences in various publications for over 20 years. It's about potentially prejudicing any eventual court case, so what you can't do is claim to have any specific knowledge of the incident ("I was there and he definitely done it, it were that Joe Bloggs from up round our way") or the people accused of the charges, but there's no reason there has to be a blanket ban on discussion around it. People have had plenty to say about various drink driving offences involving players in and outside the club in recent times, and it's no different.

If you're thinking about the site policy for the Hillsborough hearings I think that was a unique case where the site (rightfully) put a ban on any discussion, but it's not like it wasn't being covered and discussed in the media.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Camacho and Hoever are not in the 18 that made the trip. Although Steve Hunter said against Derby that Camacho will travel. Jones has travelled. Thought Hoever maybe wouldn't travel due to our CB situation. Perhaps the chances would be greater if both U19's and our first team played at home, not being away in Zagreb and Munich (I guess they will make that relatively short trip to Munich on Wednesday to watch them).

Apparently the 18 are: Jaros, Kelly, R. Williams, Boyes, Larouci, Lewis, N. Williams, Coyle, Ritaccio, Sharif, Dixon-Bonner, Clarkson, Cain, Jones, Duncan, Glatzel, Walls, Atherton

It's been raining today (shame as it was very warm here for a while for this time of year), will rain again on Wednesday, but hopefully the pitch is fine by tomorrow when it should be dry. Dinamo's youth sides (academy in general, they basically grab almost everything that's decent in Croatia) are known to often surprise teams of big clubs across Europe. They recently beat Spurs in London to make the semi-finals of that PL International Cup.

Will be there tomorrow from the warm ups, up the young Reds. :well done: