• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Liverpool Youth Teams Thread

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
2:1 after an error from Longstaff who had replaced Dixon-Bonner. Liverpool should have really been out of sight.

Nikola

Admin
Goalie has really kept them in this, another save from him.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Seems Woodburn just scored a late, winning goal as a false 9 for Wales. Interesting. Thinking for awhile now that he could be developed as a Firmino style forward.

Limiescouse

It was a nice goal. He was involved down the left to put in a cross and then just followed the ball towards some space on what was now the back post and ultimately put in a free header a yard or so out.

Guardian

Banned Users
My prediction about Curtis Jones a couple of years ago is looking a little better now. I have already been pretty much proved right about Sancho and Hudson-Odoi. All of them were made BEFORE the u17 Euro Finals.

At least it is somewhat encouraging news at last: Curtis Jones named as player of the tournament for England u18s against Japan, Czech Republic and Mexico. He even scored a goal in the last game against Mexico that England won 3-2.

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
My prediction about Curtis Jones a couple of years ago is looking a little better now. I have already been pretty much proved right about Sancho and Hudson-Odoi. All of them were made BEFORE the u17 Euro Finals.

At least it is somewhat encouraging news at last: Curtis Jones named as player of the tournament for England u18s against Japan, Czech Republic and Mexico. He even scored a goal in the last game against Mexico that England won 3-2.
Oh a couple of years ago eh but you only registered here in July 2018 :think::think::think::think:

Last edited:

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
I didn't want to be the one to break the news to you, professor but this site isn't the only football site out there.
I too was 100% accurate with every prediction I made before joining this site so I sympathise with you. To any of the disbelievers of our majestic knowledge I lay down this challenge; prove us wrong!

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
There is an article on the website about a young Algerian player at the club Laroucci (apologies probably spelt it wrong)18 year old winger turned full back has some appearances for u23's. Sounds exciting - anyone here seen him play and have any thoughts about how close he is to getting into the first team squad?

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Ad-free Member
There is an article on the website about a young Algerian player at the club Laroucci (apologies probably spelt it wrong)18 year old winger turned full back has some appearances for u23's. Sounds exciting - anyone here seen him play and have any thoughts about how close he is to getting into the first team squad?
It's tough to say really, hopefully he'll get a chance in pre season like Camacho did last year and we'll have a better idea. Certainly a very talented player.

What he and Camacho have over Lewis is that ability to get up and down the line all game at serious pace, and both are good at running with the ball too.

Guardian

Banned Users
I too was 100% accurate with every prediction I made before joining this site so I sympathise with you. To any of the disbelievers of our majestic knowledge I lay down this challenge; prove us wrong!
I wouldn't wish to waste my time. And it wouldn't go down well with the mods if I started putting up other football sites anyway.

You think what you want Dreamer. :J

costared

TIA Reserve Team

I watch all U18 and U23 games that are on LFCTV and must admit I find him a very exciting player to watch. Great pace and ball control, so much energy. Obviously a few rough edges but I am sure the coaching staff can iron those out.

Nikola

Admin
Defensively not that good but he's a prospect attacking-wise. It probably isn't unexpected given that all the reports named him as a winger when Liverpool snapped him up. He's really bulked up in the mean time but I'm not sure if Klopp ever considered him for a call-up to the senior side, I don't think I've ever seen him in first team training photos. One to watch, though, alongside Rhys Williams, Glatzel and Duncan, in my opinion.

Sweeting

Bobby Adekanye confirms he'll leave the club this summer. Is out of contract but turned down the chance to extend:

Good decision by him to move on. He's talented but looks like he has correctly realised he won't be breaking into our team anytime soon.

Good on him for recognising that and not taking the easy option of an undoubtedly lucrative contract.

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
I have never been on this site before. lol

And I'm well aware of the things you believe in, only too well.
Generally people who post on other forums and join a new forum don't tend to be an arsehole from the start. The arsehole ones like you are usually former ex members who come back to cause a bit shit

As far as your 2nd point, have no clue what you are getting at

Guardian

Banned Users
Generally people who post on other forums and join a new forum don't tend to be an arsehole from the start. The arsehole ones like you are usually former ex members who come back to cause a bit shit

As far as your 2nd point, have no clue what you are getting at
It's not me being the arsehole, superbrain! lol

You clearly have issues. Do get help!

Salahmi

Defensively not that good but he's a prospect attacking-wise. It probably isn't unexpected given that all the reports named him as a winger when Liverpool snapped him up. He's really bulked up in the mean time but I'm not sure if Klopp ever considered him for a call-up to the senior side, I don't think I've ever seen him in first team training photos. One to watch, though, alongside Rhys Williams, Glatzel and Duncan, in my opinion.
I noticed that Glatzel scored a hat trick in a German cup game against Bayern, but how long has he been on loan at Heidenheim?

Sweeting

I don't think it got mentioned here but the U18s drew 3-3 with West Brom in a result that night be the end for their title hopes.

Derby are now 2 points clear with a game in hand.