• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Liverpool Youth Teams Thread

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
I hate when these matches are settled by pens. Sort of anti-climatic. 4-2 our boys so far.

Lynch04

Smeg Head
Lets hope, this is a common theme at all levels!!

I see Guardian has been banned which i have no opinion on (well i do) but it would have been nice to question his coaching credentials and disrespectful opinion of Bobby Duncan.

My brother played a couple of games professionally, his career was hampered by two knee cruciate injuries, 3 operations. His first reconstruction was by Ron Steadman (who operated on Shearer) which unfortunately failed, his first game back saw him tear the other knee. He was at Lilleshaw (sp) and was highly thought of. Every off season, my family (50 yr old dad, my 3 brothers and I and a few Lynch clan acquaints) would play Coventry FC youth which included Ben Turner, his best mate - you may remember him from 2012, equalising against us in the cup and swinging his top around his head and he was head and shoulders above them all, his mates and former team members (including Stevie Warnock and David Thompson) all spoke highly of him and the Lynch’s would usually win the off season game and it was definitely not down to me.
The reason I mention all this is because of the pressure/judgement placed on youth players. My brother whether down to injury or not never made it, however, i had the joy of watching him out muscle Dirk Kuyt in a Friendly (Crewe) shake hands with all my heroes. But do you know who the biggest hero on that pitch was...my brother. I witnessed his dedication, the hours my parents put in driving him around, the torment of his injuries and bad advice from agents. In my opinion this is what is wrong with people like Guardian whom have agendas and are over critical. My brother never made it, but everyone associated with him enjoyed the ride and was proud of him.
I think what i am trying to say here is that Bobby Duncan and others on the law of averages will not make it, but let them and their families enjoy it. Alot of them will be members of LFC forums and reading other peoples comments. To be actually playing youth football for a club like Liverpool is a major success, not making the first team squad should not be looked as a failure!

costared

TIA Reserve Team
Congrats to our Youth team for putting one over on the Money Boys. 1-1 and then 5-3 on penalties ~ PERFECT a great night's work, lads!

The lads showed a lot of character. Had a poor build up with the game following on so closeley to the return from a tournament in the USA. First half, not surpringly, most of them looked like their minds were still on the plane . Great fight back , great result and a credit to all concerned.

William Clarke

REDSHIRT ~ I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
The lads showed a lot of character. Had a poor build up with the game following on so closeley to the return from a tournament in the USA. First half, not surpringly, most of them looked like their minds were still on the plane . Great fight back , great result and a credit to all concerned.
Was the game televised because if it was I missed it. Really happy with the result, though, and let's hope it rubs off onto our senior side. It's always great winning silverware, so I would like to see us take charge of more silverware and take it from out of the hands of Citeh. The young lads have started the ball rolling.......