• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Liverpool Youth Teams Thread

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Ad-free Member
I confidently predict that, by Christmas, this lad will be better than Messi and Ronaldo combined.

In fact, he already is.
Yeah, but that four-legged, four-armed, two-headed freak you just posited would just spend the entire time on the pitch arguing with itself and beating itself up. Before hurling itself theatrically to the ground.

Red over the water

Looks a player. Sweet left foot, dribbling, good eye for a pass - remarkable at his age, shows for the ball, decent pace, willing to take a shot and oozing with confidence. Might make the calls for another wide forward look redundant before too long.

If he gets an England call up at some point, I’m sure Harry Kane will be waiting to greet him and kick him in the bollocks. It might even get a bit testy if Elliott gets a run out against Spurs this season. He was a naughty boy with what he said - not the word’s worst crime, but he will now surely realize that if you are at Liverpool you are newsworthy, so you have to watch out. Still, it’s a little bit of spice that might add another ingredient to the season ahead.

I want to resist the urge to big him up too much, as he’s so young, but on the other hand it will be a delight if we have unearthed another who will enjoy a meteoric rise.

Not Worthy

Looks a player. Sweet left foot, dribbling, good eye for a pass - remarkable at his age, shows for the ball, decent pace, willing to take a shot and oozing with confidence. Might make the calls for another wide forward look redundant before too long.

If he gets an England call up at some point, I’m sure Harry Kane will be waiting to greet him and kick him in the bollocks. It might even get a bit testy if Elliott gets a run out against Spurs this season. He was a naughty boy with what he said - not the word’s worst crime, but he will now surely realize that if you are at Liverpool you are newsworthy, so you have to watch out. Still, it’s a little bit of spice that might add another ingredient to the season ahead.

I want to resist the urge to big him up too much, as he’s so young, but on the other hand it will be a delight if we have unearthed another who will enjoy a meteoric rise.
Alternatively, Kane is smart enough (I know) to laugh it off because in 3-4 years time he'll be having to ask the next generation to 'loan' him goals not scored at the Qatar World Cup. .......

Elliott is 16, entitled to stupidity and should be encouraged to learn from youthful mistakes. If Kane is offended by that, from him, then he's an insecure Prima Donna....... answers on a postcard

Sweeting

He wasn't a Liverpool player when he made that snapchat, he was still at Fulham.

I'd lile to think grown men wouldn't hold a silly snapchat message against a 16 year old but Kane does seem the type to be easily riled.

jgw_geneseo

deeply superficial
It's a good lesson for him. Nobody gave a crap when he was a Fulham player. Liverpool really is one of the biggest clubs in the world, and now he can get a sense of exactly what that means.

All that said, it seems a bit of a storm in a teacup. When he makes his proper debut in a year or two nobody will remember.

Red over the water

I think he will make his proper debut this season. He looked that good on first impression.

As for his ‘crime’ of course it’s not so bad, and exactly the sort of messing about you might expect from a lad his age. And yes he wasn’t at Liverpool when he did it, but now that he is, it’s a bit more newsworthy given our profile.

I doubt Harry Kane will be holding a grudge as he’s a grown man, but then again, he steals goals and swears on the life of his baby, and he cried about the stick he took from various quarters after that, so who knows.

Storm in a teacup is right.

But that Harvey Elliott looks like a smashing prospect and I think it will be sooner rather than later that we see him make his debut.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Probably just going by the latest moves... Larouci moving to LB trying to develop there, Lewis playing more as a CM seeing if he can do better there (though he'll still probably play LB for U23's, maybe rotate between the two positions like Raphael Guerreiro). They're young, enough time for these things to change multiple times. A number of them won't even make it at this level, it's just how it is. Not like Shaqiri plays the same position as Keita or Lewis plays the same position as Elliott, for now.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
Probably just going by the latest moves... Larouci moving to LB trying to develop there, Lewis playing more as a CM seeing if he can do better there (though he'll still probably play LB for U23's, maybe rotate between the two positions like Raphael Gurreiro). They're young, enough time for these things to change multiple times. A number of them won't even make it at this level, it's just how it is.
Yep agree, I think Lewis could become a quality midfielder, lacks the raw acceleration to play fullback. Our future is really promising though.

RB/CB/DM - Hoever
CB - Van Den Berg
LB/LW - Larouci
DM/CM/LB - Lewis
CM/AM - Jones
RF/AM/LF - Elliot
CF - Brewster

Wealth of flexible talent coming through.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Interesting that there's no Wilson in these new pics, they just used his last year's pic for now while he's still here.

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
So, Wilson will go out on loan, Kent will likely be sold. I wonder if Lewis will go out on loan, too, perhaps to some League One club, as well as Jones? I would be surprised if Hoever, Larouci, Van Den Berg or Elliott went down that route this season.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
So, Wilson will go out on loan, Kent will likely be sold. I wonder if Lewis will go out on loan, too, perhaps to some League One club, as well as Jones? I would be surprised if Hoever, Larouci, Van Den Berg or Elliott went down that route this season.
I think Hoever will remain with the 1st team squad personally. Seems to be ready.

Sweeting

Incredible move for George Johnston - he's a solid player but I did not envisage him going to Dutch football for Feyenoord.

Hopefully he does really well there. It probably suits him better than moving to the EFL where he will be judged on his height.

I don't think he will ever be a mainstay of a Feyenoord team but waiting to be happily surprised.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Ad-free Member
Looks like a strong team, interesting to see Lewis continue in a midfield role.

Sweeting

1-1 - Liverpool pressed out of possession in midfield and the balls falls nicely for Oldham's CF to run through on goal alone. He chipped it in past Atherton to equalise with more or less Oldham's first chance.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Can't find a stream. Lewis playing LCM or RCM in a midfield 3?

Sweeting

2-1 Oldham - poor defending from a free kick leaves an open shot from 6 yards out. 2 shots, 2 goals for Oldham.