Liverpool Youth Teams Thread

Sweeting

Liverpool U18s are leading Blackburn U18s 2-0 after 15 minutes.

Leyton Stewart and Tom Hill with the goals early.

Sweeting

Blackburn U18s 1-7 Liverpool U18s

Leyton Stewart (x2), Tom Hill (x2), Matteo Ritacchio (x2) and Jake Cain all scored

Winterbottom
Quansah Savage Koumetio Norris
Clarkson Ritacchio Cain
Hill Stewart Beck

Subs: Kelly; Woltman, Corness, Wilson

Jarrel Quansah - RB/CB - England U16
Billy Koumetio - CB - signed from Orleans toward the end of last season
James Norris - LB - England U16
Thomas Hill - CM/AM
Leyton Stewart - FW
Owen Beck - LB/LW - Wales U17
Oscar Kelly - GK
Max Woltman - MF
Dominic Corness - CM - England U15

Last edited:

Sweeting

Zak Gilsenan was on the bench for Blackburn. He was previously at Liverpool having joined from Barcelona - had a reputation of the "Irish Messi"...

Sweeting

U23s v Tottenham just started

George
Williams Clayton Boyes Larouci
Dixon-Bonner Chirivella Jones
Elliott Brewster Kent

Subs: Atherton; Gallacher, Varesanovic, Bearne, Duncan

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member

George
Elliott Brewster Kent

Interested to know how the front line and Larouci get along as I think there will be opportunities for them all to get involved with senior team this season.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers

George
Elliott Brewster Kent

Is Hoever injured?

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
It was just Spurs' normal U23 team.

I would say that the spine of our team is not close to the 1st team. George-Clayton/Boyes-Chirivella.
I'm refusing to let it panic me but when I saw that attack I thought we would at least score a few. Oh well I never put too much store on results at youth levels. Was just hoping for some over the top optimism from a good performance by those 3.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
I'm refusing to let it panic me but when I saw that attack I thought we would at least score a few. Oh well I never put too much store on results at youth levels. Was just hoping for some over the top optimism from a good performance by those 3.
Brewster hit the apex of post and bar 6 times from 25+ yards out and Elliott caused 5 Spurs players to suffer from twisted blood just with one mazy dribble before he twisted his own blood and fell over.

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
Tagseth joins Roserborg for free and signs a four year deal.
Best of luck to him, it's a shame it didn't work out for him at Liverpool. Having grown up watching Sami and Riise, I'll always have a soft spot for Scandinavian players and I always hope that there will be another one having a blast in a Liverpool shirt. Stevie's comments made me think he'd be the next one.

costared

TIA Reserve Team
Chelsea 3 - 0 Liverpool.

A fairly strong U23 side beaten by a Batshuayi double. A dissapointing start to our U23 campaign.
Dissapointing yes but Chelsea were a bigger, physically stronger and more experienced side. I believe they included 2 full Internationals. They also looked fitter but maybe that was due to the physical development a. They were certainly better organised and deserved the victory. Chelsea have the pick of europes young talent although they normally send most of it out on loan. Looks like this season they are keeping the better players close to home due to the transfer ban they have.

blaze

Faith.
Dissapointing yes but Chelsea were a bigger, physically stronger and more experienced side. I believe they included 2 full Internationals. They also looked fitter but maybe that was due to the physical development a. They were certainly better organised and deserved the victory. Chelsea have the pick of europes young talent although they normally send most of it out on loan. Looks like this season they are keeping the better players close to home due to the transfer ban they have.
We didn't have a weak squad ourselves with Elliot, Duncan, Woodburn, Larouci, Van den Berg, Hoever all part of the team. If they are to make the step up to the first team, they will have to contend with those players, and more, eventually. But I do take your point about the mismatch in physical development and experience with our squad markedly younger. All part of the learning curve I guess.

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
We didn't have a weak squad ourselves with Elliot, Duncan, Woodburn, Larouci, Van den Berg, Hoever all part of the team. If they are to make the step up to the first team, they will have to contend with those players, and more, eventually. But I do take your point about the mismatch in physical development and experience with our squad markedly younger. All part of the learning curve I guess.
Woodburn is on loan

Mystryman01

Our U-23 set up is very young in comparison, even if you look at players who would be considered the regulars for this season, most of them are 17/18, compared to 20/21 for most teams. So i think some disappointing results will be expected.

Sweeting

Still a few players with uncertain futures fro. The Academy and will be interesting to find out the plan.

Herbie Kane, 20, CM: One of the stand out players in League One last season. Kane was a key figure for Doncaster Rovers (49 appearances, 7 goals, 10 assists). The expectation was that he would follow McCann to Hull City but that never materialised. Now he either stays at Liverpool where his action would lilely be limited to U23s and the EFL Trophy or he moves to League One/abroad. He was recently spotted in the crowd for Doncaster's game with Fleetwood but the new Doncaster manager claimed he was there as a guest of one of the players and not regarding a move.

Isaac Christie-Davies, 21, CM: Welsh attack minded midfielder joined from Chelsea in 2018 but has never shone at U23 level for the Reds. Tested in a few different roles including LW and CF, Christie-Davies seems to have been a bit of a gamble signing based on his physical attributes (strong, big bodied, rangey player) that hasn't quite worked out. An injury against Oldham in the EFL Trophy has taken him out of the U23 squad but with no realistic prospect becoming a first team player then it is curious to see no links for moves away from Anfield. His physique alone would, probably, be enough to entice offers from League One.

Pedro Chirivella, 22, DM: Spanish midfielder has impressed on loan spells to Holland but proved himself to be out of his depth at Premier League level. He is actively seeking a move although has started the season as starter for the U23s. European window is still open and he could return to Extremadura, the scene of a farcial loan spell last season where he was banned from playing by FIFA through no fault of his own.

Ryan Kent, 22, LW: Excellent breakout season with Rangers last year meant Liverpool believed they could bag a cash windfall from the Championship in excess of £12m - for a winger with zero realistic hopes of breaking through at Anfield. In retrospect one good season in Scotland doesn't always move the dial for Championship clubs. Liverpool have out it out there that they are happy to keep Kent but very few buy into that. Looks like another loan to Rangers could be agreed as Liverpool refuse to lose an asset for a cut price.

Shamal George, 21, GK: George was originally allowed to leave Liverpool this summer and was expected to sign for Swindon. This move broke down however and now the future is unclear. Left out of the USA tour despite a goalkeeping injury crisis, George found himself behind Dan Atherton - an unherralded 19 year old with little experience even at youth level. George has EFL experience but any move would lilely be to the lower ends of league football.

Kai McKenzie-Lyle, 21, GK: Signed from Barnet after he broke into the National League side's first team at 18. McKenzie-Lyle has been injury plagued at Liverpool and must surely need a loan move to boost his reputation. He will have an incredibly tough time ousting Jaros at the U23s first choice.

Adam Lewis, 19, LB/CM: Primarily a LB the scouser has been overtaken by Yasser Larouci and pushed into a midfield berth. Tranmere have registered their interest in taking him on loan - Lewis is not the primary or secondary reserve for Robertson yet and the first team games may help to improve his

Tony Gallacher, 20, LB: Liverpool 'beat' Barcelona and Real Madrid to the signing of Tony Gallacher in 2018 but his time at Anfield has been underwhelming. Rarely featuring, Gallacher needs game time desperately. His high reputation at Falkirk still carries weight in Scotland so there is a chance of a move to the Scottish Premiership this week.

Anderson Arroyo, 20, LB: Having impressed for Colombia U20s there was a small buzz around Arroyo before the USA tour - before everyone remembered he doesn't have the eligibility to play. Arroyo has been invisible during his previous loan spells and will leave at some point.

Liam Coyle, 20, CM: U23s captain last season but dropped off the face of the earth after an injury ended season. Yet to reemerge and looks a long way off first team - no links publically for a move.

Bobby Duncan, 18, CF: Duncan is in a hurry to be a 1st team member. Liverpool have rejected offers from Denmark for a loan spell but Duncan has made noises several times about going abroad and his "rounded" skillset doesn't immediately look compatible to PL football. The noises he makes suggests we won't see him in a Liverpool.

jgw_geneseo

deeply superficial
Still a few players with uncertain futures fro. The Academy and will be interesting to find out the plan.

Herbie Kane, 20, CM: One of the stand out players in League One last season. Kane was a key figure for Doncaster Rovers (49 appearances, 7 goals, 10 assists). The expectation was that he would follow McCann to Hull City but that never materialised. Now he either stays at Liverpool where his action would lilely be limited to U23s and the EFL Trophy or he moves to League One/abroad. He was recently spotted in the crowd for Doncaster's game with Fleetwood but the new Doncaster manager claimed he was there as a guest of one of the players and not regarding a move.

Isaac Christie-Davies, 21, CM: Welsh attack minded midfielder joined from Chelsea in 2018 but has never shone at U23 level for the Reds. Tested in a few different roles including LW and CF, Christie-Davies seems to have been a bit of a gamble signing based on his physical attributes (strong, big bodied, rangey player) that hasn't quite worked out. An injury against Oldham in the EFL Trophy has taken him out of the U23 squad but with no realistic prospect becoming a first team player then it is curious to see no links for moves away from Anfield. His physique alone would, probably, be enough to entice offers from League One.

Pedro Chirivella, 22, DM: Spanish midfielder has impressed on loan spells to Holland but proved himself to be out of his depth at Premier League level. He is actively seeking a move although has started the season as starter for the U23s. European window is still open and he could return to Extremadura, the scene of a farcial loan spell last season where he was banned from playing by FIFA through no fault of his own.

Ryan Kent, 22, LW: Excellent breakout season with Rangers last year meant Liverpool believed they could bag a cash windfall from the Championship in excess of £12m - for a winger with zero realistic hopes of breaking through at Anfield. In retrospect one good season in Scotland doesn't always move the dial for Championship clubs. Liverpool have out it out there that they are happy to keep Kent but very few buy into that. Looks like another loan to Rangers could be agreed as Liverpool refuse to lose an asset for a cut price.

Shamal George, 21, GK: George was originally allowed to leave Liverpool this summer and was expected to sign for Swindon. This move broke down however and now the future is unclear. Left out of the USA tour despite a goalkeeping injury crisis, George found himself behind Dan Atherton - an unherralded 19 year old with little experience even at youth level. George has EFL experience but any move would lilely be to the lower ends of league football.

Kai McKenzie-Lyle, 21, GK: Signed from Barnet after he broke into the National League side's first team at 18. McKenzie-Lyle has been injury plagued at Liverpool and must surely need a loan move to boost his reputation. He will have an incredibly tough time ousting Jaros at the U23s first choice.

Adam Lewis, 19, LB/CM: Primarily a LB the scouser has been overtaken by Yasser Larouci and pushed into a midfield berth. Tranmere have registered their interest in taking him on loan - Lewis is not the primary or secondary reserve for Robertson yet and the first team games may help to improve his

Tony Gallacher, 20, LB: Liverpool 'beat' Barcelona and Real Madrid to the signing of Tony Gallacher in 2018 but his time at Anfield has been underwhelming. Rarely featuring, Gallacher needs game time desperately. His high reputation at Falkirk still carries weight in Scotland so there is a chance of a move to the Scottish Premiership this week.

Anderson Arroyo, 20, LB: Having impressed for Colombia U20s there was a small buzz around Arroyo before the USA tour - before everyone remembered he doesn't have the eligibility to play. Arroyo has been invisible during his previous loan spells and will leave at some point.

Liam Coyle, 20, CM: U23s captain last season but dropped off the face of the earth after an injury ended season. Yet to reemerge and looks a long way off first team - no links publically for a move.

Bobby Duncan, 18, CF: Duncan is in a hurry to be a 1st team member. Liverpool have rejected offers from Denmark for a loan spell but Duncan has made noises several times about going abroad and his "rounded" skillset doesn't immediately look compatible to PL football. The noises he makes suggests we won't see him in a Liverpool.
Excellent. From the list, herbie kane is the odd one. Would have thought he'd have no problem securing a championship loan. Something odd must have happened. To not be included in preseason even on the tour and just be playing in the u23s after his season last year is strange.