• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Liverpool Youth Teams Thread

Sweeting

3-2 Oldham - Free header from a corner - more poor defending by Liverpool.

Sweeting

Full time
Oldham 3-2 Liverpool U21s

Frustration for Liverpool, they were the better side across 90 minutes but too many defensive mistakes gift the game to Oldham.
Neco Williams and Harvey Elliott with the goals.

costared

TIA Reserve Team
Some good performances in defeat. Curtis Jones looked by far the best player on the pitch, Sepp van den Berg looks a sure first team prospect. Harvey Elliotshowed some touches of class and a good attitude . I would say they were our best on the night with Lewis, Larouche and Boyes also worth a mention. Overall a pretty good performance apart from defending dead ball situations.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Ad-free Member
Full time

Frustration for Liverpool, they were the better side across 90 minutes but too many defensive mistakes gift the game to Oldham.
Can't be easy when you let two CBs (Johnson and Phillips) leave who would probably otherwise have played?

Sweeting

Can't be easy when you let two CBs (Johnson and Phillips) leave who would probably otherwise have played?
Johnson would probably have started instead of Boyes and would potentially have improved the set piece defending. Liverpool should have won this game at a canter really - Jones hit the post, Duncan and Elliott missed 1v1 chances first half and Bearne was a few inches from a last second equaliser that he just couldn't reach.

Sweeting

It never got mentioned here also that Liverpool U19s finished 4th in the Oberndorf Tournament last weekend. Shortened version of the game (2x25min) - Liverpool beat Gremio and Freiburg before losing to Tottenham in the semi-finals and Schalke in the 3rd place playoff.

Ben Winterbottom won GK of the tournament.

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
Incredible move for George Johnston - he's a solid player but I did not envisage him going to Dutch football for Feyenoord.

Hopefully he does really well there. It probably suits him better than moving to the EFL where he will be judged on his height.

I don't think he will ever be a mainstay of a Feyenoord team but waiting to be happily surprised.
This is a really nice welcome for the lad. Really trying to make him feel at home.

blaze

Faith.
Full time

So I was unsure of the format. Was it a knockout competition? Or do our U21s get more games?

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Ad-free Member
1-1 - Liverpool pressed out of possession in midfield and the balls falls nicely for Oldham's CF to run through on goal alone. He chipped it in past Atherton to equalise with more or less Oldham's first chance.
Just seen this goal on the highlights. That was a poor pass from Boyes was it? Put our midfielder (was it Lewis?) in trouble. We were lucky to get away with Atherton's scuffed clearance just before too.

Attacking wise we looked strong though so hopefully the defensive issues will be sorted the more they play together.

Sweeting

Liverpool U18s are leading Blackburn U18s 2-0 after 15 minutes.

Leyton Stewart and Tom Hill with the goals early.

Sweeting

Blackburn U18s 1-7 Liverpool U18s

Leyton Stewart (x2), Tom Hill (x2), Matteo Ritacchio (x2) and Jake Cain all scored

Winterbottom
Quansah Savage Koumetio Norris
Clarkson Ritacchio Cain
Hill Stewart Beck

Subs: Kelly; Woltman, Corness, Wilson

Jarrel Quansah - RB/CB - England U16
Billy Koumetio - CB - signed from Orleans toward the end of last season
James Norris - LB - England U16
Thomas Hill - CM/AM
Leyton Stewart - FW
Owen Beck - LB/LW - Wales U17
Oscar Kelly - GK
Max Woltman - MF
Dominic Corness - CM - England U15

Last edited:

Sweeting

Zak Gilsenan was on the bench for Blackburn. He was previously at Liverpool having joined from Barcelona - had a reputation of the "Irish Messi"...

Sweeting

U23s v Tottenham just started

George
Williams Clayton Boyes Larouci
Dixon-Bonner Chirivella Jones
Elliott Brewster Kent

Subs: Atherton; Gallacher, Varesanovic, Bearne, Duncan

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member

George
Elliott Brewster Kent

Interested to know how the front line and Larouci get along as I think there will be opportunities for them all to get involved with senior team this season.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers

George
Elliott Brewster Kent

Is Hoever injured?

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
It was just Spurs' normal U23 team.

I would say that the spine of our team is not close to the 1st team. George-Clayton/Boyes-Chirivella.
I'm refusing to let it panic me but when I saw that attack I thought we would at least score a few. Oh well I never put too much store on results at youth levels. Was just hoping for some over the top optimism from a good performance by those 3.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Ad-free Member
I'm refusing to let it panic me but when I saw that attack I thought we would at least score a few. Oh well I never put too much store on results at youth levels. Was just hoping for some over the top optimism from a good performance by those 3.
Brewster hit the apex of post and bar 6 times from 25+ yards out and Elliott caused 5 Spurs players to suffer from twisted blood just with one mazy dribble before he twisted his own blood and fell over.