• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Liverpool Youth Teams Thread

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
Tagseth joins Roserborg for free and signs a four year deal.
Best of luck to him, it's a shame it didn't work out for him at Liverpool. Having grown up watching Sami and Riise, I'll always have a soft spot for Scandinavian players and I always hope that there will be another one having a blast in a Liverpool shirt. Stevie's comments made me think he'd be the next one.

costared

TIA Reserve Team
Chelsea 3 - 0 Liverpool.

A fairly strong U23 side beaten by a Batshuayi double. A dissapointing start to our U23 campaign.
Dissapointing yes but Chelsea were a bigger, physically stronger and more experienced side. I believe they included 2 full Internationals. They also looked fitter but maybe that was due to the physical development a. They were certainly better organised and deserved the victory. Chelsea have the pick of europes young talent although they normally send most of it out on loan. Looks like this season they are keeping the better players close to home due to the transfer ban they have.

blaze

Faith.
Dissapointing yes but Chelsea were a bigger, physically stronger and more experienced side. I believe they included 2 full Internationals. They also looked fitter but maybe that was due to the physical development a. They were certainly better organised and deserved the victory. Chelsea have the pick of europes young talent although they normally send most of it out on loan. Looks like this season they are keeping the better players close to home due to the transfer ban they have.
We didn't have a weak squad ourselves with Elliot, Duncan, Woodburn, Larouci, Van den Berg, Hoever all part of the team. If they are to make the step up to the first team, they will have to contend with those players, and more, eventually. But I do take your point about the mismatch in physical development and experience with our squad markedly younger. All part of the learning curve I guess.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Ad-free Member
I think taking a silver lining view it's better for their development to be tested against better, stronger and older players than steamroller a group of teens around the same age, they'll have learned a lot more from the experience of the last couple of matches.