• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Liverpool Youth Teams Thread

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member

I dunno whether its me,but the more i read about this kid the more i'm starting to kinda dislike him (unless the stories i'm reading are wrong).TBH i'm kind of a stickler for loyalty (not that there's much left in the game today).I know a footballers career is short and you need to make the most of it,but if you're a scouser born and bred and an LFC fan,i, like most people who support the club would give their right arm to be in his position,yet he seems to be pushing to get out of the club,apparently wiped his social media account of everything LFC and looking to leave.

He's got previous at Man City (i can understand him wanting to leave there, as he had no alleganicies to that club) alright it's a bit double standards but to do it to YOUR club,doesn't sit well with me.At 18 years old (especially having Gerrard as your cousin) you'd think someone would have a word in his ear,get your head down,learn your trade,even if it's going out on loan a few times then see where you're at,but it's coming across like he's pushing to get out of the club,at the clubs expence to further his career right now,without looking at the bigger picture.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
I agree. It's one thing to want first team football, it's another to continually make that public.

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
I could be wrong or read the article the wrong way but it sounded like he pulled himself out of the team against Southampton the other night,as he wants talks with Fiorentina,sounds like he's refusing to play,either that or the club did for whatever reason?

Maria

SUPER Champions of Europe VI
Ad-free Member
I hope these 'bullying' allegations are not true. The mental and physically well being of a youth player is paramount.

redalways

TIA Regular

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
Sounds like his agent is pissed off cos they've probably told him he's not in the first team plans for a season or 2 at the earliest,during the summer and he's thrown his teddies outta the pram,plus being on very little wages at the same time, his agent can't get more money out of him for a better deal for not playing at a higher level.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Ad-free Member
Agitated for ages for a move to Liverpool and within a year is throwing this stuff out. Did he genuinely have expectations of playing in our first team, at the level we're currently at? I just don't get this lad at all.

Tbh he and his agent just sound like trouble. Rip up his contract and wish him all the best, I doubt we're missing out on anything special here.

Maria

Ad-free Member
Agitated for ages for a move to Liverpool and within a year is throwing this stuff out. Did he genuinely have expectations of playing in our first team, at the level we're currently at? I just don't get this lad at all.

Tbh he and his agent just sound like trouble. Rip up his contract and wish him all the best, I doubt we're missing out on anything special here.
Duncan is Gerarrd's cousin, this agent was also the agent for Berahinho and look what happened to that slanted footballers career.

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
Interesting. Obviously I don't know the exact circumstances but it's never good when an agent goes public with claims like this. The player may well have mental health issues but I'd seriously doubt the club would have ignored them if they were made aware of them through the proper channels.

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
By the looks of it,it's his agent trying to make deals with other clubs to get a better deal for his client,how he thinks Edwards is going to just let him leave for £1.5mill (even though we only payed £200k for him) is just plain stupid,he's obviously run out of options to get him out of the club that he's resorting into slagging off the staff,club and former player to get his way.If Duncan has any sense,he'll sack that fucker ASAP.

SithBaare

From Doubters to Believers
Even if he turns out to be a good player, Doesn't matter. Just let go at this point.

Sorry for making a thread on that without knowing that a conversation was happening here :)

SithBaare

If Duncan has any sense,he'll sack that fucker ASAP
For all it's said about Duncan being Stevie's cousin, Just don't know how close they are. But if Stevie is indeed close with Bobby's family, I imagine he'll be keeping a call in right now and telling him what he ought to do.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Duncan is Gerarrd's cousin, this agent was also the agent for Berahinho and look what happened to that slanted footballers career.
Yeah Berahino's agent, really that explains everything.
The time Berahino was having such trouble he was under Aidy Ward. Maybe we might wanna check before slating everyone out there..... Probably best to see what the club says.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Ad-free Member
Wow, Rubie's massively let down his client here. I wouldn't be surprised if he's sacked within the week. PFA need to step in.

Maria

Ad-free Member
The time Berahino was having such trouble he was under Aidy Ward. Maybe we might wanna check before slating everyone out there..... Probably best to see what the club says.
I thought it was Saif. Sorry for the wrong info Eddie.

Anyhow, this so called news story is trending on twitter and it is going to be blown out of proportion and is gather pace as the main Liverpool news. Saif seems to trying to discredit LFC and portray Edwards as a bully which is abit starnge imo. Maybe Gerrard could speak to his cousin, he is family and clear the misunderstanding

SithBaare

Wow, Rubie's massively let down his client here. I wouldn't be surprised if he's sacked within the week. PFA need to step in.
Exactly , For someone who's supposedly suffering from mental health issues, Would you want to keep that in the open ?

Secondly , you want to pick a fight on twitter with one of the lad's well wishers in Jamie Carragher ? Thirdly, involving Stevie in this....

This is a clusterfuck by the agent of epic proportions.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Ad-free Member

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
Carragher's destroying the guy on Twitter

Here's one of Rubie's tweets

Wow.

Also, pretty sure Boateng does play mainly as a forward but why the fuck would Edwards care about K-P Boateng anyway?!

I guess this agent is trying to put him in a bad light,making sure people know that he's dealing with Edwards and that he's not as good at his job that most people think he is (if he thinks KPB is a forward and not a midfielder) kinda justifying his position as knowing better than him and making sure Edwards is in the wrong.maybe??

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Anyhow, this so called news story is trending on twitter and it is going to be blown out of proportion and is gather pace as the main Liverpool news. Saif seems to trying to discredit LFC and portray Edwards as a bully which is abit starnge imo. Maybe Gerrard could speak to his cousin, he is family and clear the misunderstanding
I don't think I would go as far as giving saint hood to our club ranks. After all these are businessmen whose job is to take care of the club first, everything else second. Rightly or wrongly. Besides Duncan is just a youth player, pretty sure a director won't put too much effort in sweating about him and won't surprise me either.

Maria

Ad-free Member