• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Liverpool Youth Teams Thread

Maria

FIFA Club Champions of The World
Ad-free Member
I hope these 'bullying' allegations are not true. The mental and physically well being of a youth player is paramount.

redalways

TIA Regular

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
Sounds like his agent is pissed off cos they've probably told him he's not in the first team plans for a season or 2 at the earliest,during the summer and he's thrown his teddies outta the pram,plus being on very little wages at the same time, his agent can't get more money out of him for a better deal for not playing at a higher level.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Agitated for ages for a move to Liverpool and within a year is throwing this stuff out. Did he genuinely have expectations of playing in our first team, at the level we're currently at? I just don't get this lad at all.

Tbh he and his agent just sound like trouble. Rip up his contract and wish him all the best, I doubt we're missing out on anything special here.

Maria

Ad-free Member
Agitated for ages for a move to Liverpool and within a year is throwing this stuff out. Did he genuinely have expectations of playing in our first team, at the level we're currently at? I just don't get this lad at all.

Tbh he and his agent just sound like trouble. Rip up his contract and wish him all the best, I doubt we're missing out on anything special here.
Duncan is Gerarrd's cousin, this agent was also the agent for Berahinho and look what happened to that slanted footballers career.

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
Interesting. Obviously I don't know the exact circumstances but it's never good when an agent goes public with claims like this. The player may well have mental health issues but I'd seriously doubt the club would have ignored them if they were made aware of them through the proper channels.

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
By the looks of it,it's his agent trying to make deals with other clubs to get a better deal for his client,how he thinks Edwards is going to just let him leave for £1.5mill (even though we only payed £200k for him) is just plain stupid,he's obviously run out of options to get him out of the club that he's resorting into slagging off the staff,club and former player to get his way.If Duncan has any sense,he'll sack that fucker ASAP.

SithBaare

From Doubters to Believers
Even if he turns out to be a good player, Doesn't matter. Just let go at this point.

Sorry for making a thread on that without knowing that a conversation was happening here :)

SithBaare

If Duncan has any sense,he'll sack that fucker ASAP
For all it's said about Duncan being Stevie's cousin, Just don't know how close they are. But if Stevie is indeed close with Bobby's family, I imagine he'll be keeping a call in right now and telling him what he ought to do.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Duncan is Gerarrd's cousin, this agent was also the agent for Berahinho and look what happened to that slanted footballers career.
Yeah Berahino's agent, really that explains everything.
The time Berahino was having such trouble he was under Aidy Ward. Maybe we might wanna check before slating everyone out there..... Probably best to see what the club says.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Wow, Rubie's massively let down his client here. I wouldn't be surprised if he's sacked within the week. PFA need to step in.

Maria

Ad-free Member
The time Berahino was having such trouble he was under Aidy Ward. Maybe we might wanna check before slating everyone out there..... Probably best to see what the club says.
I thought it was Saif. Sorry for the wrong info Eddie.

Anyhow, this so called news story is trending on twitter and it is going to be blown out of proportion and is gather pace as the main Liverpool news. Saif seems to trying to discredit LFC and portray Edwards as a bully which is abit starnge imo. Maybe Gerrard could speak to his cousin, he is family and clear the misunderstanding

SithBaare

Wow, Rubie's massively let down his client here. I wouldn't be surprised if he's sacked within the week. PFA need to step in.
Exactly , For someone who's supposedly suffering from mental health issues, Would you want to keep that in the open ?

Secondly , you want to pick a fight on twitter with one of the lad's well wishers in Jamie Carragher ? Thirdly, involving Stevie in this....

This is a clusterfuck by the agent of epic proportions.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
Carragher's destroying the guy on Twitter

Here's one of Rubie's tweets

Wow.

Also, pretty sure Boateng does play mainly as a forward but why the fuck would Edwards care about K-P Boateng anyway?!

I guess this agent is trying to put him in a bad light,making sure people know that he's dealing with Edwards and that he's not as good at his job that most people think he is (if he thinks KPB is a forward and not a midfielder) kinda justifying his position as knowing better than him and making sure Edwards is in the wrong.maybe??

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Anyhow, this so called news story is trending on twitter and it is going to be blown out of proportion and is gather pace as the main Liverpool news. Saif seems to trying to discredit LFC and portray Edwards as a bully which is abit starnge imo. Maybe Gerrard could speak to his cousin, he is family and clear the misunderstanding
I don't think I would go as far as giving saint hood to our club ranks. After all these are businessmen whose job is to take care of the club first, everything else second. Rightly or wrongly. Besides Duncan is just a youth player, pretty sure a director won't put too much effort in sweating about him and won't surprise me either.

Maria

Ad-free Member

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
lol

But also a bit weird. You'd think with Duncan's connections(?) that he'd find himself a more normal agent? This is only a snip of what else is out there. Absolute idiots. Carra really doesn't need to get involved in these things, but credit to him again.

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
I don't think I would go as far as giving saint hood to our club ranks. After all these are businessmen whose job is to take care of the club first, everything else second. Rightly or wrongly. Besides Duncan is just a youth player, pretty sure a director won't put too much effort in sweating about him and won't surprise me either.
I'd be very suprised if the club don't come out with a statement pretty soon though,having this type of shit thrown at the club in these times,doesn't look good,especially if it's all crap from an agent trying to get a young player to move.Just wondering though,if it is all BS,could the club take action against the agent for wrongly accusing them of bullying and giving a youngster mental health issues?

Maria

Ad-free Member
well, Saif is getting absolute gem of pelters on twitter by all the LFC fans. I tweeted him too, shame on him to use that poor boy's health as a bargaining chip fro a move. This is so wrong to do this.

Saif messed with the wrong club imo.

Last edited: