• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Liverpool Youth Teams Thread

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
lol

But also a bit weird. You'd think with Duncan's connections(?) that he'd find himself a more normal agent? This is only a snip of what else is out there. Absolute idiots. Carra really doesn't need to get involved in these things, but credit to him again.

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
I don't think I would go as far as giving saint hood to our club ranks. After all these are businessmen whose job is to take care of the club first, everything else second. Rightly or wrongly. Besides Duncan is just a youth player, pretty sure a director won't put too much effort in sweating about him and won't surprise me either.
I'd be very suprised if the club don't come out with a statement pretty soon though,having this type of shit thrown at the club in these times,doesn't look good,especially if it's all crap from an agent trying to get a young player to move.Just wondering though,if it is all BS,could the club take action against the agent for wrongly accusing them of bullying and giving a youngster mental health issues?

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Ad-free Member
Post was deleted. but what was it about ?
There were so many. There was one saying he was disgusted Adam Johnson was imprisoned as "everyone's done the same thing", a racist joke about Suarez, some expressing homophobia, disgust of people with mental health issues... he really is a piece of work. By which I mean shit.

SithBaare

From Doubters to Believers
There were so many. There was one saying he was disgusted Adam Johnson was imprisoned as "everyone's done the same thing", a racist joke about Suarez, some expressing homophobia, disgust of people with mental health issues... he really is a piece of work. By which I mean shit.
Wow , Someone needs to get the lad to fire this piece of filth. That's gonna be the first step he's got to take if he were to have a meaningful career at any club, Leave alone liverpool.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
The time Berahino was having such trouble he was under Aidy Ward. Maybe we might wanna check before slating everyone out there..... Probably best to see what the club says.
There was a picture on Twitter of this guy with Berahino claiming the latter was a victim, so not sure he was blame free then either

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
There was a picture on Twitter of this guy with Berahino claiming the latter was a victim, so not sure he was blame free then either
Yes but Berahino's plight started during Aidy Ward's days. Suddenly all is this guy's fault because he called out on King Edwards?

SithBaare

Yes but Berahino's plight started during Aidy Ward's days. Suddenly all is this guy's fault because he called out on King Edwards?
Yeah plenty to point the finger at the agent but maybe not Berahino.

Red Armada

TIA Regular
“Which is a great return for the club on a player who will never play for the Liverpool first team and who doesn’t want to be there.

“So if he doesn’t believe in the player, and he will never play in the LFC first team, why would you even hang onto the player like this?

Not only is he on a very small salary but he also has one season left on his contract after this one, and Liverpool have flatly said he will not get a new one."

So in other words, Edwards is either a moron for keeping and paying a player he doesn't believe in or a very bad man for keeping him against his will. Words of wisdom from Rubie here. It doesn't seem at all that he's blown a gasket for missing a payday.

How the hell did Duncan end up with him in the first place? You'd think that with Gerrard around at the very least he would know how to stay away from such filth.

SithBaare

How the hell did Duncan end up with him in the first place? You'd think that with Gerrard around at the very least he would know how to avoid such filth.
Also, Did Duncan join Liverpool when Gerrard was in the academies ?

Speckydodge

TIA Squad Member

I don't think anybody said all of Berahino's problems were his fault or that he was always his agent for that matter.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Ad-free Member

I imagined he would head out to some League One club on loan but this is great to hear. Hopefully he responds accordingly.
I wonder if this is partly in response to an increasing acceptance that Lallana simply can't be factored in to any first team thinking. If he's fit, bonus but the assumption needs to be that he won't be available. When you combine that with the fitness worries of Shaqiri, AOC and Keita then there are almost certainly going to be minutes available for Jones. Drawing MK Dons in the EFL Cup might have played a part in that as well.

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
I wonder if this is partly in response to an increasing acceptance that Lallana simply can't be factored in to any first team thinking. If he's fit, bonus but the assumption needs to be that he won't be available. When you combine that with the fitness worries of Shaqiri, AOC and Keita then there are almost certainly going to be minutes available for Jones. Drawing MK Dons in the EFL Cup might have played a part in that as well.
First and foremost, I really hope this is the result of him applying himself well in training and coaches believing he's genuinely progressing. He was quiet in the preseason, which is no slight on him as he's just a kid. I thought that, given the competition and impending arrival of another forward, he'd be loaned out. Fast forward, no new forward, Wilson is out on loan, Shaqiri's out of favour, there's a new kid on the block in Elliott - hopefully he got the message. That team against MK Dons will be really interesting to see.

Sweeting

U18s vs Man United

GK: Ben Winterbottom

RB: Tom Hill
CB: Remi Savage
CB: Billy Koumetio
LB: James Norris

DM: Leighton Clarkson
AM: Matteo Ritaccio
AM: Jake Cain
AM: Niall Brookwell

FW: Layton Stewart
FW: Fidel O'Rourke

Subs
Oscar Kelly (GK)
Owen Beck
James Balagizi
Dominic Corness
Jarell Quansah

Man Utd U18s

GK: Ondrej Mastny

RB: Lukasz Bejger
CB: Ben Hockenhall
CB: William Fish
LB: Reece Devine

DM: Charlie McCann
AM: Charlie Wellens
AM: Mark Helm

RW: Connor Stanley
LW: Shola Shoretire
FW: Dillion Hoogerwerf

Subs
Dermot Mee (GK)
Bjorn Hardley
Iestyn Hughes
Harvey Neville
Ayodeji Sotona

Sweeting

Liverpool 1-1 MAN UTD: Ayodeji Sotona (28 min)

Free kick floated into the penalty area and Ben Winterbottom failed to gather. He wants a foul but it looked a fair challenge. Substitute Sotona left with a tap in.