• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Liverpool Youth Teams Thread

ABRed

We've conquered all of Europe.
Poor lad banned for speaking the truth. Fuck sakes. What next?

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
His apology was detailed. Hope he learnt something here.

"I would just like to wholeheartedly apologise for any offence caused on the back of a video of me currently circulating on the internet.

"The video was taken whilst messing around with friends in a private environment and was not directed at any individual but I realise that my actions were both immature and senseless.

"I would like to stress that the contents of the video do not represent who I am as a person or how I've been brought up, and I am truly sorry."

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
Clubs point via Melissa Reddy.

Reacting to the suspension, a Liverpool spokesperson said: "Harvey's apology was sincere, immediate and unequivocal. He has acknowledged privately and publicly his actions were wrong.

"Given his age when this indiscretion was committed -- in a private setting and prior to signing for us -- we will continue to work with Harvey on an educational basis as relates to his conduct.

"He has already demonstrated to us a willingness to learn and live up to the values and conduct expected of a Liverpool player."

Speckydodge

TIA Squad Member
Jaysus Bernardo Silva must be bricking over his punishment so........oh wait no that was just casual racism the FA don't have too much of an issue there.

Joe Gomez x

Hopefully Harvey learns after this punishment. He doesn’t seem to be the brightest also, after seeing him arguing with trolls on his girlfriends Instagram comment section just there.

Sweeting

Update from yesterday

Liverpool U18s 3-0 Newcastle U18s

Ojrzynski
Walls Savage Koumetio Beck
Brookwell Cain Hill
Stewart Balagizi Norris

Goals: Balagizi x2, Norris

Some interesting adjustments made by the U18s.

1. Cain has moved into a defensive midfield role since Clarkson's promotion to U23. Cain is normally an attacking midfielder.
  2. James Norris has moved into a winger role after beginning the season at FB
  3. Jack Walls and Owen Beck, who looked surplus at the start of the year, have started the last two games.
  4. Tom Hill, in his first U18 season, has played RB, RW and CM already.

Sweeting

U23s are currently 2-1 up at half time against Wolves.

Brewster and Kane with the goals.

Winterbottom
Williams VDBerg Boyes Larouci
Kane Chirivella Dixon-Bonner
Longstaff Brewster Jones

Subs: Atherton; Clayton, Gallacher, Clarkson, Coyle

Hoever is still on international duty with Netherlands U17s. Elliott serving his suspension for the video.

Joe Gomez x

Notice Winterbottom is in the sticks for the u23s today. Where is that McKenzie-Lyle or George, didn’t think he was fancied to much over older lads

Sweeting

Notice Winterbottom is in the sticks for the u23s today. Where is that McKenzie-Lyle or George, didn’t think he was fancied to much over older lads
George is on loan to Marine and expected to be released next summer (tried to sell him this year but Swindon didn't take him after a trial).
McKenzie-Lyle has completely disappeared, not sure where he is.

Winterbottom was a late signing from Blackburn last season and he has been a regular this season. Jaros may challenge him when he returns from injury.

Sweeting

Thanks! Is it concerning that they're leaking so many goals, or is it just some other factor like constant shuffling around, injuries, team setup, etc.?
It is not great but I haven't seen the goals so not sure how they were scored.

We have made a tonne of individual mistakes this season.

Sweeting

U19s vs Genk U19s
UEFA Youth League

Ojrzynski
Williams VDBerg Boyes Larouci
Dixon-Bonner Clarkson Cain
Elliott Stewart Jones​

Subs: Winterbottom; Koumetio, Savage, Walls, Norris, Hill, Longstaff

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
Penalty to LFC,keeper took out Stewart without the ball,Stewart makes it 1-0,lucky though,the keeper saved it and it went up and over him into the net

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
HT 1-0 LFC,Curtis Jones had a goal scratched off for offside aswell,not much in it over all but we deserve the lead.

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
Dixon-Bonner goal disallowed for offside,still an open game with Genk having some chances.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Good to see Jones starting to add more end product to his game. He's well capable of all that ball manipulation and creativity from practically any offensive midfield/slightly wide position. Maybe the armband also had good effect on him not resting (lazily) on his technical talent, but becoming more decisive.

Last edited:

Sweeting

My wife and son have gone back to America for a wedding so I get a couple of weeks to myself which I intend on misusing by taking in as many live football games as possible.

Going to Man Utd U23s v Stoke U23s tomorrow. Hopefully Stoke show a bit more heart than they did earlier this week when West Ham beat them 4-0.

Sweeting

U18s took a hiding this morning, beaten 4-0 by Man City in the PL Cup.

Ojrzynski
Walls Savage Koumetio Beck
Cain Clarkson Morton
Stewart Balagizi Norris

Sweeting

U23s drawing 0-0 with Blackburn at half time.

Strange team lineup really.

Kelleher
Gallacher Clayton Boyes Larouci
Kane Chirivella Dixon-Bonner
Longstaff Christie-Davies Jones

Not sure why Christie-Davies is up front. We are short of options but surely someone else was able to play there (Brewster, for example).

Sweeting

Jones came off early, saved for Wednesday.

Christie-Davies also off replaced by Coyle. We now have Larouci at CF!