• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Liverpool Youth Teams Thread

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
He just needs to continue with this new mindset, regardless of the position, be it as LCM in a 3, or in the left half-space in a front 3. Not as a winger (or attacker of space), but more Coutinho-type (which would also mean adding more end product). A lot of things need to click before you can really challenge for these up and down 8's under Klopp. It's a very demanding position. We see that even some expensive signings are struggling. Lallana has (or had... unfortunately) a special mixture of silky touches, good running capability and maybe even more important, the willingness to do it. Just listen to the stuff Pep talked about before Arsenal, work on those specific elements on or in this case, more importantly, off the ball and accept playing anywhere for a start.

Sweeting

U23s 2-1 Everton
Goals: Gallacher, Kane

Winterbottom
Gallacher Clayton Boyes Norris
Dixon-Bonner Chirivella Kane
Elliott Larouci Jones

Subs: Atherton; Koumetio, Christie-Davies, Coyle, Longstaff

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
I'm still not sure whether he should be coached into a wide player or a central one, he really impressed me last night, regardless of circumstances and competition.
I think the value of his coaching at present should mean that his experience from playing both centrally and wider will stand him in good stead.

Sweeting

U19s vs Genk has been moved to behind closed doors at the Academy. Apparently the pitch in St Helens, where they normally play the UEFA Youth League games, was unplayable.

Sweeting

Will it still be televised?
I don't think so

Team News

Ojrzynski
Williams VDBerg Boyes Norris
Longstaff Dixon-Bonner Clarkson Larouci
Elliott Brewster​

Winterbottom; Savage, Koumetio, Clayton, Cain, Morton, Hill

costared

TIA Reserve Team
That is prety pathetic. A club at our level cannot organise a European youth match to be televised !

With the "single camera" system that is often used for youth games these days I would have thought it would not be to big a challenge. Single camera is not great but is better than no camera.

Last edited:

Sweeting

That is prety pathetic. A club at our level cannot organise a European youth match to be televised !

With the "single camera" system that is often used for youth games these days I would have thought it would not be to big a challenge. Single camera is not great but is better than no camera.
Somehow Leicester manage to show all of their U23s game live and free on their website. Even away games.

Sweeting

U19s lost 1-0 to a 93rd minute winner - leaves them 2nd in the group level on points (7) with Salzburg and Genk.

Salzburg beat Napoli 5-1 in Naples.

Sweeting

U18s v West Brom

Ojrzynski
Walls Savage Koumetio Beck
Morton Clarkson Norris
Cain
Hill Woltman
Subs: Davies; Wilson, Quansah, Corness, Bradley

Sweeting

2-0 to West Brom after 15 minutes.

Both goals came as a result of mistakes by our full backs. First goal Beck sold himself and got beaten for pace allowing a dangerous cross which was converted.

Second goal Walls got the ball stuck under his foot and had possession pinched off him, the forward ran through 1v1 and scored.

Sweeting

3-0 now. Doesn't seem to be anyone playing in defense!

Another mistake from the Reds as Clarkson (I think) tried to play out from the back, it was intercepted and one pass later it was rolled into the goal.

costared

TIA Reserve Team
Academy seems to be having a bad season although a few have done well when stepping up a level. I am struggling to understand that.

Sweeting

Academy seems to be having a bad season although a few have done well when stepping up a level. I am struggling to understand that.
18s just didn't seem up for it. It was heavy rain, freezing cold, windy and they got bullied by West Brom. Even Ojrzynski was terrible (conceded a goal direct from a corner) and he has been rock solid this season.

In fairness to them to responded a little but overall a terrible performance.

Sweeting

U23s beat Sunderland 2-1 in the PL Cup. Makes it two wins from two in the group.

Atherton
Gallacher VDBerg Clayton Larouci
Christie-Davies Chirivella Kane
Dixon-Bonner Brewster Longstaff

Brewster scored a penalty and forced an own goal.

blaze

Faith.
Our U-23s seem to have kicked on after a slow start. Performances gone up I think, with what little I have seen.

Sweeting

Our U-23s seem to have kicked on after a slow start. Performances gone up I think, with what little I have seen.
I agree with that. One defeat in their last ten games (vs Accrington Stanley in the EFL Trophy). Unbeaten in the PL2 since August.

Defence is starting to look a little better also, not exactly Mourinho at Chelsea level but certainly better than letting in 3 goals a game like they were in August.