• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Liverpool Youth Teams Thread

Sweeting

U19s vs Napoli

Winterbottom
Williams Hoever vdBerg Larouci
Dixon-Bonner Clarkson Cain
Elliott Longstaff Jones​

Subs: Davies; Boyes, Clayton, Norris, Hill, Bradley, Morton

Brewster has presumably travelled with the first team.

redalways

TIA Regular
U19s vs Napoli

Winterbottom
Williams Hoever vdBerg Larouci
Dixon-Bonner Clarkson Cain
Elliott Longstaff Jones​

Subs: Davies; Boyes, Clayton, Norris, Hill, Bradley, Morton

Brewster has presumably travelled with the first team.
Could that be a realistic team for the League Cup match?

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
1-0 up against Napoli not sure who's scored it but we now have a penalty,jones to take it and scores,2-0 Liverpool

Sweeting

Could that be a realistic team for the League Cup match?
If it is a pure youth team then we would likely see Kelleher, Christie-Davies, Chirivella, Kane and Brewster in there ahead of Winterbottom, Clarkson, Cain, Longstaff and Dixon-Bonner.

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
I am starting to think Napoli forgot to show up and our lads are just playing a game of crossbar challenge and accidently scoring.

Hopefully the Napoli first team show up like these youngsters tonight,with any luck all these off field problems are running right through the club.

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
6-0 Liverpool,Hattrick for Jones,rocket into the top corner with his left foot.

Sweeting

7-0 Longstaff with a 2nd.
Nice to see him get a brace - I think he has a sneakily good amount of potential given his build, strength and pace but he just doesn't seem to get goals.

5 for the season now for him, 2 at U19s and 3 at U23.

Speckydodge

TIA Squad Member
Nice to see him get a brace - I think he has a sneakily good amount of potential given his build, strength and pace but he just doesn't seem to get goals.

5 for the season now for him, 2 at U19s and 3 at U23.
Always thought he was more a mid then a striker, is he the no 9 due to sheer lack of options?

Sweeting

Always thought he was more a mid then a striker, is he the no 9 due to sheer lack of options?
Yeah basically - Elliott played as the central striker for a while but now they are trying Longstaff there. He has three goals in two games as a number nine in fairness to him.

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
Finished 7-0

Jones x3, Longstaff x2, Cain, Dixon-Bonner
It could have gone into double figures for us,apart from the usual Jones show the one player i've been super impressed with over the past few months is Nico Williams the kid is just geting better and better,i'd be very suprised if he doesn't break through into the first team and stake a claim for RB within the next couple of years.

Sweeting

I don't think it is anything serious, Jones made a point of hugging Elliott after his 2nd goal.

Presumably it was just a little tiff over who got to take the penalty.

Jones is certainly doing everything he can at youth level to push himself into the first team. 3 goals and 2 assists yesterday - think that brings him to 12 goals in all comps this season.

He would be one I'd be trying to get out on loan in January once we don't the smaller cups to contend with anymore (mind you if we get beat in Salzburg we would probably keep him and Brewster to play in the Europa League).

costared

TIA Reserve Team
Anyone know if either the U18 cup match or the U23 cup match areon tv anywhere tonight ? In the past I have picked some youth cup games up on Sportklubtv but neither seem to be there tonight.

Sweeting

Anyone know if either the U18 cup match or the U23 cup match areon tv anywhere tonight ? In the past I have picked some youth cup games up on Sportklubtv but neither seem to be there tonight.
I haven't been able to find anywhere showing either game

Sweeting

U18s 2-1 down at half time. Parrott scoring both for Spurs, Bradley pulled one back.

Davies
Bradley Hoever Savage Beck
Hill Clarkson Cain
Stewart O'Rourke Norris

Subs: Bearne, Balagizi, Morton

U23s 1-1 at half time vs Huddersfield

Atherton
Walls Clayton Boyes Gallacher
Dixon-Bonner Chirivella Kane
Longstaff Christie-Davies Varasanovic

Subs: Winterbottom; Quansah, Wilson, Corness

Some big names left out of both squads - Brewster, vdBerg, Jones and Elliott for example.

Sweeting

U18s have lost 4-2. Stewart and Bradley scored. Result means they're out of the Youth Cup, it was an unusual team selection.

U23s drew 1-1. Kane scored. Result means they stay top of the group in the PL Cup.