Loan Watch: 2018/19

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts...
Admin
Sadly Allan and Grujic have hardly done anything of note for us to think they will make it here.
Grujic did excellently for Hertha in the early games of the season, helping them to get off to one of their best ever starts in the Bundesliga. Now he's unfortunately injured. Rotten luck.

FilthyBloke

The only loan that baffles me is Ben woodburn.
Not doing well in lower leagues can have a negative reaction to your progress.
Personally I’d rather he stayed as our back up striker instead of solanke.
Firmino Sturridge origi and woodburn would have been fine and woodburn would have got a few cup minutes and still trained with the best.

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
Grujic did excellently for Hertha in the early games of the season, helping them to get off to one of their best ever starts in the Bundesliga. Now he's unfortunately injured. Rotten luck.
Yes. Bad luck. I am not seeing any return date - is he out for the season? I wish he could have stayed injury free and developed this year.
However, few games for Cardiff and few games for Hertha doesn't make a LFC level player.

Hope in your heart

Admin
Yes. Bad luck. I am not seeing any return date - is he out for the season? I wish he could have stayed injury free and developed this year.
However, few games for Cardiff and few games for Hertha doesn't make a LFC level player.
Maybe not for the entire season, but it's a bad injury. One of those which can change the course of an entire career. Like Origi's against Everton a couple of years ago.

Anyway, we'll see. At the end of the day, it will maybe develop his character and resilience while not diminishing him on an athletic level, fingers crossed.

GermanRed

Maybe not for the entire season, but it's a bad injury. One of those which can change the course of an entire career. Like Origi's against Everton a couple of years ago.

Anyway, we'll see. At the end of the day, it will maybe develop his character and resilience while not diminishing him on an athletic level, fingers crossed.
The reports said he is out for 'several weeks'. Could be back next month

Hope in your heart

Admin
I seem to be reading conflicting reports of Karius' performances, just yesterday I read that he was doing quite well but then this happened:

Oh, man...
It's a freak goal. The ball gets a deviation by the defender (I think?), and takes that strange loop over Karius. It could have gone literally anywhere, but went just into that exact angle where he could do nothing about it.

I don't see him at fault here to be honest, he was just unlucky.

Nikola

Mediocre outcome is the probable outcome.
Admin
It wasn't mentioned here but I think that both Herbie Kane and Harry Wilson scored this weekend for their clubs.

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist

Why do people remember that period when origi scored a few goals in consecutive games as him playing good. The only game when he did really play good was that Southampton game but his general overall performances seem to be glossed over by those few goals he scored

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Why do people remember that period when origi scored a few goals in consecutive games as him playing good. The only game when he did really play good was that Southampton game but his general overall performances seem to be glossed over by those few goals he scored
Apparently your memory may be a bit shady? MOTM

https://forums.thisisanfield.com/threads/post-match-liverpool-4-3-dortmund-el-14-4-2016.19889/

Last edited:

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist

AussieLad

TIA Regular
It's a freak goal. The ball gets a deviation by the defender (I think?), and takes that strange loop over Karius. It could have gone literally anywhere, but went just into that exact angle where he could do nothing about it.

I don't see him at fault here to be honest, he was just unlucky.
I agree with you that it was one of those things that he could do nothing about, but sadly we all know that he is mentally suspect and something like that can really effect his confidence.

And fans will target him for abuse which will hit his confidence even more

Anfield rd Dreamer

That game is a blur because of buzz but don't remember him as the stand out preformer but even so I'll concede that he played well that night so 2 good performances but then again the whole teams 2nd half performance was lifted by the crowd
Either way he had a good run when he looked like a promising, developing talent that could become a serious option to challenge Firmino as starting CF. Perfect cover/competition basically, if it hadn't been a flash in the pan. Unfortunately people remember that period fondly (obviously) so more is made of it. It's made out like it was Suarez or Salah style runs of form. In reality it wasn't even as good as the run Carroll had at Newcastle that led to us buying him.

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Either way he had a good run when he looked like a promising, developing talent that could become a serious option to challenge Firmino as starting CF. Perfect cover/competition basically, if it hadn't been a flash in the pan. Unfortunately people remember that period fondly (obviously) so more is made of it. It's made out like it was Suarez or Salah style runs of form. In reality it wasn't even as good as the run Carroll had at Newcastle that led to us buying him.
Because his trajectory was quite good until the Funes Mori tackle. He hasn’t regained form which is s shame.

Solanke and Wilson look more promising at this time

Anfield rd Dreamer

Because his trajectory was quite good until the Funes Mori tackle. He hasn’t regained form which is s shame.

Solanke and Wilson look more promising at this time
Far, far, far too much is made of that tackle. That game was on 20th April. He was back and appeared for us on 18th May. That's with Klopp who is extremely stringent about players being back up to fitness standards before being used. Physically that injury was a blip on a players career. If it scared and intimidated him enough to fuck up his motivation for years then he was never a player for us because Liverpool players will always be fouled and injured. It may not be fair but it will happen. His run of form was never as great as was made out either. 391 minutes of European football under Klopp before the injury and 3 goals. It took a lot of playing time for him to get to the level he was at when he scored in the 2 Dortmund games. 647 minutes in the league under Klopp. 5 goals 1 assist hardly earth shattering. He played 281 minutes in the cups too scoring that hatrick against Southampton that showed there was promise there. I thought he could develop further, had hopes for him and Firmino being our CF choices for years to come. But Origis run of form before that injury grows greater with each telling. In reality he had 2 good high profile games against Dortmund, a good game against Stoke in the league and a great one against Southampton in the cup. Outside those games he played a lot and didn't offer much.