Loan Watch: 2018/19

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
For now, I still see him as more of a forward type of player. A lot is needed to be in the CM bracket under Klopp, we see it with physically much stronger and experienced (as midfielders) than Wilson. It's not easy to do what Lallana did in that season and first and foremost a player needs to have the basics to do it. Not every forward needs to be a maniac in attacking the space like Mane, we see it with Shaq, although he is also different, but comes inside to combine, chips balls, etc. Wilson's got a quality left peg, coupled with our attacking full backs, he could potentially be one of the backups here. We'll see when that is, if it happens. What I really like about him, is that he's being used in 3 positions at Derby. We're seeing that Shaq simply isn't an option to cover the left (where we sometimes need to figure out what to do when Mane isn't there out plays on the right), Wilson is proving that he can perform well anywhere between the lines. Perhaps I like a lefty who doesn't require to always play off the right and come inside by default, but use his brain and attack in different ways too!

JustHitMyHead

TIA Reserve Team
I actually would agree with sending Camacho and even Curtis Jones out on loan just not out of the country.

Half a season is good. Sometimes I don't like the idea of committing to a full year loan (because lots can happen... lack of playing time, etc.) but a half-year loan seems like it would benefit their developmental.

donks

TIA First Team
Realistically does anybody think any of our loan players will come back and be part of the first team squad long term? Wilson probably has the best chance, the rest will be sold on id imagine.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts...
Admin

Harry Wilson with another cracking free kick and all round performance for Derby.
On the ball, he's a talent, no doubt about that. And his free-kicks are something else really, not only the goal. I wonder though how he plays when he hasn't the ball. That's maybe where he has to still learn his trade?

Speckydodge

TIA Squad Member
On the ball, he's a talent, no doubt about that. And his free-kicks are something else really, not only the goal. I wonder though how he plays when he hasn't the ball. That's maybe where he has to still learn his trade?

He's playing quite centrally for them in a mid 3 in a lot of games. The one's I saw his work rate is impressive, obviously he'll never be the biggest strongest player but he never lacks effort, if that's enough to make it for us is yet to be seen. Whatever happens he's probably now worth Ibe money to us even to championship teams these days.

blaze

Faith.
Karius has put behind his early season struggles and is starting to become a really good keeper. Chance of a reprieve? maybe not at Liverpool but somewhere else.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Yeah he did that here too. Played really well for a few months and then lost us the CL Final.
Unfortunately I think it'll take him a few years to develop the mental strength to be a top level keeper if he ever does. It's a shame because he has all the abilities and physical traits to be a really good keeper.

jgw_geneseo

deeply superficial
Doncaster game on espn+ for US viewers, you can sign up for free 7 day trial, watch liverpool game tomorrow, then cancel.

Doncaster look the better team at the minute, kane battling, nothing of note so far, but didn't catch first few minutes

jgw_geneseo

deeply superficial
HT. Doncaster employing a high press that is pretty effective, PNE having a hard time moving ball around. Kane playing left side of midfield 3 in a 4-3-3, working hard with a few nice touches, looks at home playing with men, he doesn't look like a youth, has some confidence, but nothing really that pops out at you so far.

jgw_geneseo

deeply superficial
Doncaster game about done. Kane played well. He started teasing PNE with the ball as they were running the clock out up 1-3. No great insight from me that wasn't already known. Barring health and fitness, he'll have a long career, the question remains at what level. He's got an engine and played very much as box to box type. He certainly looks like he could probably move up a level to championship. Time will tell if he can make the move up from there.

Nikola

Potless or spotless?
Admin
Kamil Grabara has joined Aarhus on loan until the end of the season. Anyone know about their goalkeeper situation, can he get some game time there?

SomeoneDanish

Kamil Grabara has joined Aarhus on loan until the end of the season. Anyone know about their goalkeeper situation, can he get some game time there?
As someone who is a fan of Aarhus GF, I can say that he probably/hopefully will be the first keeper, as the current one (Whalley) has been very mediocre, and the third choice keeper has just come up from the under 19.

Stanley DK

Y. N. W. A
Know their goalkeeping situation? I was only 50% sure I knew what country the club is in.
The name for the club is AGF. The second biggest city in Denmark. Every year we have to fight for stay in the best Liga. Loooong time ago when I still was in school, all the kids have free ticket to the stadion, and you know who come and play in my city....... Yes my team from TV, LIVERPOOL from England. They play a friendly match (I think) WOW I'll never forget it :-). This must be 45 - 50 years ago :think:
Y. N. W. A

Limiescouse

Ha. Did not expect a response to that post. I only had vague recollections of it as I used to play with two Danish lads who played in their second division as kids before they moved to the states to play here

Speckydodge

TIA Squad Member
Reading are such a bad team at the moment can't see it being a good loan for him

jgw_geneseo

deeply superficial
Anyone know if there is any update to this?

From the Derby Telegraph yesterday:

Harry Wilson is doubtful for Derby County's Championship clash against leaders Leeds United at Elland Road on Friday night.

Wilson missed last Saturday's FA Cup third-round tie with Southampton due to a hip problem.

The 21-year-old midfielder/winger on loan from Liverpool suffered the injury in the 1-1 draw against Middlesbrough at Pride Park Stadium on New Year's Day.

READ MORE

"Harry is doubtful," said Lampard.

"He has been training with the physio today and because of his influence, of course, I will wait to see as long as I can that he may be able to take part.

"But I won't take a risk if he feels he is not up for a game that is going to be a taxing game on the legs."

Wilson is Derby's joint leading scorer with striker Jack Marriott on 10 goals.

Might miss another game or two, but doesn't sound too serious hopefully.

Nikola

Potless or spotless?
Admin
Taiwo Awoniyi has joined Mouscron on loan until the end of the season.

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ojo featured for Reims today in a 1-1 draw with Lyon.

Fekir was not in the match?:think: