• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Loan Watch: 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweeting

According to the twitter thread, Fluminense are signing Allan on loan.

I think that is a tacit acknowledgement that we won't be able to get him a work permit. In all honesty he hasn't really shown much potential. This season he has only appeared 4 times for Frankfurt and only played 90 minutes once (a few injuries have played a role here).

Last season he only played 25 times for Apollon Limassol - started 15 times.

16/17 for Hertha he only made 16 appearances - 8 starts.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
This guy doesn't have permition to live, let alone play. lol

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
I think its surprising because the noises from our club were so positive on Allan. I know we get carried away sometimes on what prospects can achieve here - but there was more buzz around him than usual i thought.

Sweeting

Taiwo Awoniyi has gone back to Mouscron and is flying.

Struggled in the first half of the season for Gent, now he is scoring against them.

3 goals in 4 games for Awoniyi at Mouscron.

Elessar

I think that we know now why Klopp decided to loan out Clyne.

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
Grujić with an equaliser against Mainz, can't find the video, though.

Derby County down 4:0 at Aston Villa at half-time, Wilson without a goal or an assist for the seventh game running. Lampard has leapt to his defence, though, which was nice to hear as they are on a poor run of form collectively.

Limiescouse

Grujić with an equaliser against Mainz, can't find the video, though.

Derby County down 4:0 at Aston Villa at half-time, Wilson without a goal or an assist for the seventh game running. Lampard has leapt to his defence, though, which was nice to hear as they are on a poor run of form collectively.
It's not a particularly remarkable statistic, so the fact it is being grumbled about I think should say a lot about his prior effectiveness that people are placing the sort of expectation on him that 7 games is a problem.

Claymenza

I think its surprising because the noises from our club were so positive on Allan. I know we get carried away sometimes on what prospects can achieve here - but there was more buzz around him than usual i thought.
What's the process for getting a work permit?

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
What's the process for getting a work permit?
The process would be to apply to the Home Office/ border agency. There are usually point scoring criteria that increase the chances of it being granted (number of international performances, quality of league played in, salary etc). Allan doesnt score many points on these criteria.

Claymenza

The process would be to apply to the Home Office/ border agency. There are usually point scoring criteria that increase the chances of it being granted (number of international performances, quality of league played in, salary etc). Allan doesnt score many points on these criteria.
I get the impression these processes are poorly weighted and require bribes to get through. Remember when Mark Gonzalez was being touted as the next big thing, he played a decent couple of games with us then his work permit was thrown out?

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Ad-free Member
I get the impression these processes are poorly weighted and require bribes to get through. Remember when Mark Gonzalez was being touted as the next big thing, he played a decent couple of games with us then his work permit was thrown out?
Nope.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
We had to wait I think a year to get Mark sorted. He then left because Rafa judged he wasn't good enough.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Ad-free Member
I didn't think Speedy was that bad, but iirc he later had some disciplinary problems (maybe while with Chile?) so maybe there was an element of personality problems as well.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
No, he broke his leg or suffered a nasty leg injury which may have affected his future career with us once he got here, but ultimately, he was moved on by Rafa because he wasnt good enough. It wasnt anything to do with his work permit being revoked (which would be unlikely - they presumably match the length of the contract).

Limiescouse

No, he broke his leg or suffered a nasty leg injury which may have affected his future career with us once he got here, but ultimately, he was moved on by Rafa because he wasnt good enough. It wasnt anything to do with his work permit being revoked (which would be unlikely - they presumably match the length of the contract).
His permit was not revoked. It was initially denied and only approved upon resubmitting the application 12 months later. We were confident enough though that the extra 12 months would get him over the top in the points he needed so went ahead with the purchase anyway, loaning him out to a Spanish club in the mean time. During that time he injured his knee, and so there are some who say that failure to properly get over that is why he didnt succeed here.

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin

This guy's career, at least at the top level, has been ruined in less than a year. I feel so sorry for him, it shouldn't have been like this.

Zinedine Biscan

Ad-free Member
Strange to think we came pretty close to having him as our no1 this season (so glad we persisted with chasing Alisson!)

I said it right after the final, and again in preseason, and I'll say it again now, I think that game broke him mentally. Probably he was always a bit fragile in that regard, someone who'd go to pieces after a mistake and take a long time to put it behind him, but I really think it's going to be a long, hard road to rebuild himself and his reputation. Ideally he'd find a less pressurised environment to do so. Not sure Turkey was the best choice for that.

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.
Karius was never really good enough for us. Probably will find his level in some Belgian or danish leagues.
But those incidents last year have turned him into a mockery really. A bit like Jason lee and the pineapple on his head. Some things you just don’t recover from.

Zinedine Biscan

Ad-free Member
Karius was never really good enough for us. Probably will find his level in some Belgian or danish leagues.
But those incidents last year have turned him into a mockery really. A bit like Jason lee and the pineapple on his head. Some things you just don’t recover from.
It took me a while to realise you weren't talking about the guy from My Name Is Earl...

JibJab

Mo Mane Mo' Problems
It's been almost a year since Karius's horrendous display in the UCL final, and he's still struggling. I understand that traumatic experiences like that can have an impact on a player. But truthfully, he has to move on and get better. He asked to leave and this was his chance to rebuild his career.

Frankly, I'm just glad we didn't spurn Alisson to keep Karius, as some advocated here.

redalways

TIA Regular

Surely the Besiktas manager can't have any hidden agenda there...

Status
Not open for further replies.