• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Loan Watch: 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

JibJab

Mo Mane Mo' Problems
Who said that?
I'm not going to go back and look now, but I definitely got into debates with people here who thought we should stand by Karius because, in their view, he was a top quality keeper prior to his blunder in the final. I disagreed with that assessment and advocated pursuing Alisson. Those voices went silent the moment we bought Alisson, from my recollection.

JustHitMyHead

TIA Reserve Team
I'm not going to go back and look now, but I definitely got into debates with people here who thought we should stand by Karius because, in their view, he was a top quality keeper prior to his blunder in the final. I disagreed with that assessment and advocated pursuing Alisson. Those voices went silent the moment we bought Alisson, from my recollection.
I wasn't one for standing by Karius as our #1. But I thought Alisson was over-priced and had my doubts about whether he was world-class.

Well... hmmm. Let's keep Ramos away from his head. Alisson's head is golden.

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
Grujić scores against Fortuna.

Edit: Wilson likewise, away to Brentford.

Herb

Grujić scores against Fortuna.

Edit: Wilson likewise, away to Brentford.
First goal in 15 games for Wilson. Hopefully he can go on another scoring run before the season ends.

Nikola

Admin
First goal in 15 games for Wilson. Hopefully he can go on another scoring run before the season ends.
And another one for young Welsh wizard!

Kopstar

★★★★★★

Well, that's one loan deal that went pretty well.
Funny though, when it's mooted that we're looking for £10m for him most Rangers fans (from the comments section) seem to think he's worth no more than £4m. Complain about his inconsistency, a familiar theme of his career to date. It was an unfair criticism of him when he was younger but now?

Nikola

Admin
Funny though, when it's mooted that we're looking for £10m for him most Rangers fans (from the comments section) seem to think he's worth no more than £4m. Complain about his inconsistency, a familiar theme of his career to date. It was an unfair criticism of him when he was younger but now?
I think club won't struggle to sell him for that kind of money, looking at going rates. A quick and very aggressive winger who likes to dribble and has decent technical ability - big clubs like Man United have flooded the Football League with quite a few of those (Tom Lawrence, for example).

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.
I wonder if Wilson or Kent will be given a chance next season or if their loans were merely to increase their transfer values.
We also have Johnson and Ings who will demand a fee...but I think they have no future here.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
I wonder if Wilson or Kent will be given a chance next season or if their loans were merely to increase their transfer values.
We also have Johnson and Ings who will demand a fee...but I think they have no future here.
Johnson? Do you mean Clyne? Ings already has a fee agreed (c.£20m) with Southampton.

MarcusBerglund

Our players on loan:

Wilson - 15 goals in the Championship, definitely their mots creative player. He is 22 years old and I see the talen, but is it enough talent to play in this LFC team? No for me. We cal sell for 15-20 mln. pounds

Kent - young player of the season in Scotland and nominated for best player in Scotland. Time to sell, Ryan said that he wants to settle somwhere and is tired of loand deals. Something between 7-10 mln. pounds wilol be a very good value.

Ojo - a poor season in Reims. Injuries did not help too. My opinion is to sell, realistically for 1-2 mln. pounds.

Ejaria - had a good start at Rangers, finished the season on a high helping Reading keep their status in the Championship. Time to sell, 4-5 mln. pounds sounds sensible

Taiwo - disappointing first half of the season in Gent, then back to Mouscron and scored 8 goals in his last 9 games. Interestin player who can't get a visa, there is growin interes in Belgium and Germany in his services, rumours that Schalke 04 are ready to offer 10 mln. pounds. If tru - I drive himslef to Gelsenkirhen personally.

Karius - poor start, but steadily and slowly improved. Besiktas on the other side are in a financial mess. I doubt that they will pay 7 mln. pounds to keep him permanently /at the end of next season/, but we will see. Rumours that several teams from the Bundesliga are interested in Loris.

Ings - Danny will become Saints player at the end of the season for 20 mln. pounds /the loan deal has a cluse with obligation to buy/

Allan - not good enough, playing for Fluminense /three consecutive starts in the league/, his team has 1 win in 2 losses. Flu don't have financial muscles. I'd see a deal to sell him and keep percentege of next sale.

Grujic - very good season in Germany. Dardai really likes Marko. My question is if Grujic can improve our midfield options at the moment. He plays as a typical central midfielder with solid physical presence and scores goals /4 in the Bundesliga/. Sadly I don't think he is better than Henderson, Gini, Fabinho, Milner, AOC, Keita. Six players fighting for 3 positions. Lallana is injury prone and will probably leave. If a team offers us 20 mln. pounds the club will probably accept and buying someone like Brandt for 20 mln. pounds sound like a no brainer for me.

Grabara - playing at a vey high level at AGF. 13 starts and his team is playing playoffs for Europe league. Successful season till this moment and he will be back in Liverppol this summer, while I see another loan on the horizon for our young polish goalkeeper.

Bogdan - on loan at Hibs, not good enough. Loan ends and his contract also end this summer

Clyne - playing regularly for Bournemouth, loks solid and assured defensively. There will be no shortage of interested parties this summer. 28 yeras old englihs full back in his prime with experience in the NT of England. Not bad. If the club can get 20 mln. pounds for Ings, I hink that Clyne's starting price starts form 15 mln. pounds at least. Nat will be sold.

Kane - great season in League 1, his club chose him for young player of the season. Helped Doncaster reach the playoffs. Scored 4 goals and had 10 assists. In my opinion another loan won't be a bad decision, but hopefully in a better league.

Liam Miller - started slowly, but improved at Killie. He played several games on the wing and that os good for him, learning new position under the guidance of a smart manager like Steve Clarke. His team is currently 3rd wih two gfames left and next season european football is a possibility. Another loan at the same club won't be the worst decision for Liam.

Arroyo -not playing for Gent, doesn't look like a player that will wear Liverpool's shirt.

Looking at our loanees - the club can bank 60-70 mln. pounds from sales. Wilson, Clyne, Kent, Grujic, Ejaria, Taiwo and it won't harm our first team squad. And money will be generated for new signings like Brandt /20 mln. pounds clause, if Leverkusen fail to qulify for the CL/, Werner /available for 35 mln. pounds according to the German press/, Sessegnon /his contract with Fulham expires next season/.

Mystryman01

Milner's contracts up as well, think Gruijic could come in and replace him in terms of the midfield role he does, obviously doesn't give the same all round cover in terms of fullback's, but seeing as Moreno's contract is also up and Clyne is probably going, I see at least one fullback coming in maybe 2

Speckydodge

TIA Squad Member
Milner's contracts up as well, think Gruijic could come in and replace him in terms of the midfield role he does, obviously doesn't give the same all round cover in terms of fullback's, but seeing as Moreno's contract is also up and Clyne is probably going, I see at least one fullback coming in maybe 2
No it's not he has another year to go.

KYRed18

Milly's expires next season, not this one FYI.

KYRed18

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Our players on loan:

Wilson - 15 goals in the Championship, definitely their mots creative player. He is 22 years old and I see the talen, but is it enough talent to play in this LFC team? No for me. We cal sell for 15-20 mln. pounds

Kent - young player of the season in Scotland and nominated for best player in Scotland. Time to sell, Ryan said that he wants to settle somwhere and is tired of loand deals. Something between 7-10 mln. pounds wilol be a very good value.

Ojo - a poor season in Reims. Injuries did not help too. My opinion is to sell, realistically for 1-2 mln. pounds.

Ejaria - had a good start at Rangers, finished the season on a high helping Reading keep their status in the Championship. Time to sell, 4-5 mln. pounds sounds sensible

Taiwo - disappointing first half of the season in Gent, then back to Mouscron and scored 8 goals in his last 9 games. Interestin player who can't get a visa, there is growin interes in Belgium and Germany in his services, rumours that Schalke 04 are ready to offer 10 mln. pounds. If tru - I drive himslef to Gelsenkirhen personally.

Karius - poor start, but steadily and slowly improved. Besiktas on the other side are in a financial mess. I doubt that they will pay 7 mln. pounds to keep him permanently /at the end of next season/, but we will see. Rumours that several teams from the Bundesliga are interested in Loris.

Ings - Danny will become Saints player at the end of the season for 20 mln. pounds /the loan deal has a cluse with obligation to buy/

Allan - not good enough, playing for Fluminense /three consecutive starts in the league/, his team has 1 win in 2 losses. Flu don't have financial muscles. I'd see a deal to sell him and keep percentege of next sale.

Grujic - very good season in Germany. Dardai really likes Marko. My question is if Grujic can improve our midfield options at the moment. He plays as a typical central midfielder with solid physical presence and scores goals /4 in the Bundesliga/. Sadly I don't think he is better than Henderson, Gini, Fabinho, Milner, AOC, Keita. Six players fighting for 3 positions. Lallana is injury prone and will probably leave. If a team offers us 20 mln. pounds the club will probably accept and buying someone like Brandt for 20 mln. pounds sound like a no brainer for me.

Grabara - playing at a vey high level at AGF. 13 starts and his team is playing playoffs for Europe league. Successful season till this moment and he will be back in Liverppol this summer, while I see another loan on the horizon for our young polish goalkeeper.

Bogdan - on loan at Hibs, not good enough. Loan ends and his contract also end this summer

Clyne - playing regularly for Bournemouth, loks solid and assured defensively. There will be no shortage of interested parties this summer. 28 yeras old englihs full back in his prime with experience in the NT of England. Not bad. If the club can get 20 mln. pounds for Ings, I hink that Clyne's starting price starts form 15 mln. pounds at least. Nat will be sold.

Kane - great season in League 1, his club chose him for young player of the season. Helped Doncaster reach the playoffs. Scored 4 goals and had 10 assists. In my opinion another loan won't be a bad decision, but hopefully in a better league.

Liam Miller - started slowly, but improved at Killie. He played several games on the wing and that os good for him, learning new position under the guidance of a smart manager like Steve Clarke. His team is currently 3rd wih two gfames left and next season european football is a possibility. Another loan at the same club won't be the worst decision for Liam.

Arroyo -not playing for Gent, doesn't look like a player that will wear Liverpool's shirt.

Looking at our loanees - the club can bank 60-70 mln. pounds from sales. Wilson, Clyne, Kent, Grujic, Ejaria, Taiwo and it won't harm our first team squad. And money will be generated for new signings like Brandt /20 mln. pounds clause, if Leverkusen fail to qulify for the CL/, Werner /available for 35 mln. pounds according to the German press/, Sessegnon /his contract with Fulham expires next season/.
In addition there is probably the sale of Camacho on top of this as well.

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
Our players on loan:

Wilson is excellent with dead ball situations. He is still very young and no where near his peak. Either another loan to a PL club or some play time here itself. Both should be possible. I just don't want us sell him right away, as it wouldn't hurt us to keep him with us for another year.
Grujic - He should be loaned to a PL club to see whether he can play at this level.
Worst case we take some loss on the 40m which we will get, if we sell both right away.
But, if they can adapt to PL, we get 2 bench options at the least, which costs more than 40m nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.