• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Loan Watch: 2019/20

Sweeting

Mid Season Update

Forgot about doing these so now is as good a time as any to catch up with our loanees...
Player NamePositionClubAppearancesMinutesClean SheetsConceded
Shamal GeorgeGKMarine---
Loris KariusGKBesiktas201,800629
Kamil GrabaraGKHuddersfield Town221,980435

Player NamePositionClubAppearancesMinutesGoalsAssists
Liam MillarLWKilmarnock201,16912
Rhys WilliamsCBKidderminster Harriers20-10
Anderson ArroyoLBMlada Boleslav0000
Taiwo AwoniyiCFMainz614600
AllanCMFluminense343,04201
Harry WilsonRWBournemouth1699860
Ben WoodburnAMOxford United1389215
Sheyi OjoLWRangers281,73557
Ovie EjariaCMReading201,67732
Nathaniel PhillipsCBVfB Stuttgart1167400
Marko GrujicCMHertha Berlin171,49532

redalways

TIA Regular
Liverpool have reached an agreement with Stuttgart for Nathaniel Phillips to return from his loan spell in January.

The centre-back has made 11 appearances in all competitions for the 2. Bundesliga side since linking up in the summer.

Phillips will come back to Merseyside at the beginning of next month and be eligible for Reds matches, starting with the FA Cup tie against Everton on January 5.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Interesting. I wonder if that is because of any news we've had regarding Matip's or Lovren's injuries?

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
According to German media Nat could return to Stuttgart by the end of january.

Not sure how this could work.

CanuckoLFC

Ghost in the Shell SAC
Would that be because of the winter break in Bundesliga? With the break, he could come back for a month?

jgw_geneseo

deeply superficial
A lot of noise about Brewster joining Swans in January on loan. Would be good for him to get some games, see how he does in the championship. The coach is one who had Brewster at the U17 world cup, where Brewster was top scorer.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor

Sweeting

Nice move for him, I always think that players who drop into the lower leagues in England are missing a trick when they can go abroad, play infront of proper crowds, experience a new lifestyle, language and way of playing.

Not an option for everyone for a variety of reasons of course but I know if I was a not-quite-Premier-League-standard footballer then I'd be moving to teams all around the world.

Sweeting

Christie-Davies scored for Cercle Brugge in a friendly draw with Augsburg.

Sweeting

How good is he? I watched the first half vs Villa, thought he looked like an interesting player.
I doubt he can be a PL standard player but his physique is a major asset and he has shown good versatility. If he moves to a club in England I would expect him to go at League One level.

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.
Brewsters debut was ok. He tried but struggled to assert himself.
Next up Harry Wilson for Bournemouth in their crucial game vs Watford.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
According to reports in Germany Nathaniel Phillips will re-join Stuttgart (and travel directly to their camp in Marbella) in the next 2 days.

The plans to wait until the end of the month changed after Stuttgart CB Holger Badstuber got injured in Marbella.

Speckydodge

TIA Squad Member
He looks like he'll score a few for them and then all the lower prem teams will be after him next season, he's definitely got a lot of talent.