2/3 saves (66%)
12/14 passes (86%)
1/1 tackles (100%)

Herbie Kane vs Brentford (1-5)
27 mins played
1/1 tackles (100%)
7/10 passes (70%)

Sweeting

Christie-Davies loan to Club Bruge has been cut short after he suffered a serious injury in training. He'll return to Liverpool for surgery.

redalways

TIA Regular
Christie-Davies loan to Club Bruge has been cut short after he suffered a serious injury in training. He'll return to Liverpool for surgery.
That's massively unlucky! Any news as to what the expected recovery time is?

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
Clean sheet for Nathaniel Philipps and VfB Stuttgart as they beat Bochum away 1-0.

GermanRed

Stuttgart lost both games against Wehen Wiesbaden (currently on 16th in the table) 2-1. Nat Phillips started both games. Today he was subbed a few minutes after they conceded the first.

Not blaming him for the losses but personally I don’t really rate him.

Clearly better than Andre Wisdom and maybe a bit better than Martin Kelly when they were at Liverpool.

Can see him at a smaller PL club in the future but not talented enough to be the next Conor Coady.

costared

TIA Reserve Team
Heard little or nothing of Kamil Grabara and his loan at Huddersfield. Before the loan I rated him higher than Kelleher who I believe is about the same age. Anyone know anything?

Sweeting

Heard little or nothing of Kamil Grabara and his loan at Huddersfield. Before the loan I rated him higher than Kelleher who I believe is about the same age. Anyone know anything?
Mixed reviews by Huddersfield fans. He started every game he was available for but had a few wobbles (think he dropped a couple of clangers in back-to-back games).

Some fans said they think he is being judged harshly because of the club losing so often and others are saying he's the worst keeper they've had in ages.

I think for a 20/21 year old making his first professional appearances then some of that is to be expected. Not many go straight from youth football (or half a season in Denmark) to the Championship and thrive, particularly in goal.

Sweeting

As seen here:

You have to laugh at some of the nonsense people find offence in. Page 5 has a link to this photograph and a comment that his "attitude stinks". At least most of the responses are pointing out that theres nothing wrong with it!

"Sticking his tongue out and it's disgraceful"
"The original tweet from the woman is very serious and she sent several tweets to people at the club (including the Cowleys) saying he ruined their day by doing this in the picture. Think they might now be deleted because of the responses she was getting."

Hilarious. There are crazies in every supporter base I suppose.

There is also the half time interview mentioned on the final page of the thread. I saw the video, the club reporter runs up to him as he is jogging off the pitch and starts asking him questions about why he only gave short answers in their pre-match interview and basically lays into him on the PA. Grabara sort of mutters something back but carries on running. I've seen enough of Grabara to know that he can be an arrogant guy but jumping him with a microphone over a stadium PA because you didn't get the answers you wanted in an interview a week earlier is a weird thing to do.

costared

TIA Reserve Team
Will be interesting to see what happens when he comes back especially as it looks like Kelleher will be getting a loan.

Sweeting

Taiwo Awoniyi has been taken to hospital with a serious head injury. He was taken off in a neck brace today but was responsive.

GermanRed

After a few games on the bench Nat Phillips started in Stuttgarts 5-1 win yesterday.

Does not impress me. Saw a yellow card which could have been red too.

nikz200

Rhian Brewster scoring at the moment, that should raise his price up even further.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.

1st today, 2nd in comments.

Nice to see his turn of pace there in the first goal.

3rd highest non-penalty goals to minutes ratio in the Championship now, 1 every 166 minutes. Abraham, for comparison, was about 172 last season. Only a small sample size so far but good going considering how un-creative Swansea are going forward.

Last edited:

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Is it the same people kicking up a fuss over missing out on 24 year old Werner (who has been a starting regular for something like 5/6 years) not impressed with Brewster finishing off his first 6 months as a starting regular with many years of development still ahead?

Edit, at same age Werner was playing week in week out and finished 2015/16 season with 36 appearances 7 goals, 5 assists and a goal involvement every 204 minutes. Brewster so far has 6 goals in 12 appearances a goal involvement every 165.5 minutes. Brewster could well end up just as good or better than Werner if given proper, time, patience and appropriate development (training, playing time etc.)!

Last edited:

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
Is it the same people kicking up a fuss over missing out on 24 year old Werner (who has been a starting regular for something like 5/6 years) not impressed with Brewster finishing off his first 6 months as a starting regular with many years of development still ahead?

Edit, at same age Werner was playing week in week out and finished 2015/16 season with 36 appearances 7 goals, 5 assists and a goal involvement every 204 minutes. Brewster so far has 6 goals in 12 appearances a goal involvement every 165.5 minutes. Brewster could well end up just as good or better than Werner if given proper, time, patience and appropriate development (training, playing time etc.)!
To make it more interesting, it is well documented that Brewster signed the new contract because Klopp had convinced him that he wouldn't sign a new forward - Pearce and Jones name-checked Werner as that forward who was of interest. Fast forward two years, Klopp decided to go in for Werner, then missed out on him, while Brewster is having a rather nice spell out on loan.

I read earlier today that only one player has scored more goals since he arrived at Swansea (seven to Brewster's six). I don't want to place any unrealistic expectations on the lad, I just hope he's the big winner of Werner move not materialising. That said, I fully expect him to have at least one more year out on loan and hopefully regain full fitness and get back in the groove.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
To make it more interesting, it is well documented that Brewster signed the new contract because Klopp had convinced him that he wouldn't sign a new forward - Pearce and Jones name-checked Werner as that forward who was of interest. Fast forward two years, Klopp decided to go in for Werner, then missed out on him, while Brewster is having a rather nice spell out on loan.

I read earlier today that only one player has scored more goals since he arrived at Swansea (seven to Brewster's six). I don't want to place any unrealistic expectations on the lad, I just hope he's the big winner of Werner move not materialising. That said, I fully expect him to have at least one more year out on loan and hopefully regain full fitness and get back in the groove.
Agree with everything except "missing out on Werner" we were clearly his choice of move. We didn't miss out we just didn't think adding a player of his attributes to the squad was worth what it would cost. Especially not in such uncertain times financially. Too much risk for what reward was on offer.

jgw_geneseo

deeply superficial

In current climate I could see him at Liverpool next year, at least through to whatever the equivalent of January transfer window is.

nikz200

Um, what has Werner got to do with Brewster? Both played in different leagues, Werner was already becoming a regular at Stuttgart at 18. Its a bit unfair to Brewster to compare the two neither should they be , especially because Brewster is playing the championship for swansea at 20 years of age.

The issue with Brewster is , if Klopp had faith in him, he would be on the squad in some capacity........ like wilson and grujic, brewster was loaned out instead. Since Klopp has taken over the club , only Divock Origi has come back from loan and featured into the regular rotation and that was because he hit a patch of form and from there he managed to get back into the team. Most of the players we loan are generally sold.

thats not to say that its impossible, and i hope the kid comes back and features for the squad as much as possible. But lets be real here, he is not Marcus Rashford or Michael Owen. He is more Sturridge minus injuries at this moment if anything and even City and Chelsea ended up selling Sturridge eventually.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Um, what has Werner got to do with Brewster? Both played in different leagues, Werner was already becoming a regular at Stuttgart at 18. Its a bit unfair to Brewster to compare the two neither should they be , especially because Brewster is playing the championship for swansea at 20 years of age.

The issue with Brewster is , if Klopp had faith in him, he would be on the squad in some capacity........ like wilson and grujic, brewster was loaned out instead. Since Klopp has taken over the club , only Divock Origi has come back from loan and featured into the regular rotation and that was because he hit a patch of form and from there he managed to get back into the team. Most of the players we loan are generally sold.

thats not to say that its impossible, and i hope the kid comes back and features for the squad as much as possible. But lets be real here, he is not Marcus Rashford or Michael Owen. He is more Sturridge minus injuries at this moment if anything and even City and Chelsea ended up selling Sturridge eventually.
Sturridge less the injuries? Yes please.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.

Minus the injuries? He missed 12-18 months with a broken ankle.

That's why he's on loan, he needs to play football. We've seen with Chamberlain and Gomez (and even Ings) that it's tough to return to your previous level straight away after such an injury. Gomez moved like Hyypia when he returned!

I'm not saying Brewster is nailed on to make it here, he was never on the level of Owen or Fowler in the youth, but he is worth hanging on to for a while longer. He doesn't just score goals, he works very hard and likes to get stuck in, and seems to have a very determined mindset. There's a lot to work with there.