Loris Karius (GK) Bayer Leverkusen / Besiktas

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
Casillas would be a good second choice, if we sell both Karius and Mig. And if he wants and if he is any good at coaching, he can take over from John 'survives Nukes better than cockroach' Achterberg.

SirBillShankly

God help and protect us.
What about our old 'keeper Gulacsi? Heard he's been doing well in the Bundesliga. Would he be good enough to be our no 2?

ptt

2020, head of the table.
I can see the mindset being "Both Karius
and Mig are for different reasons, finished at the club. Sell them both regardless of cost, draw a line under recent events and sign a backup for Allisson."

Not my money, makes sense to me.

Livvy

Alles wird gut
I thought Karius spoke himself after one of the friendlies? Was that what was mistranslated? What I read is reprinted here:

https://metro.co.uk/2018/07/24/liverpool-goalkeeper-loris-karius-aims-dig-jurgen-klopps-handling-alisson-transfer-7754412/
The Telegraph had reported that Karius is bitterly disappointed that no one talked to him etc but that is completely out of context, mis-interpreted/translated . It's all in the karius thread.
https://forums.thisisanfield.com/threads/1-loris-karius-2018-19.25893/page-6

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
I can see the mindset being "Both Karius
and Mig are for different reasons, finished at the club. Sell them both regardless of cost, draw a line under recent events and sign a backup for Allisson."

Not my money, makes sense to me.

It also lends itself to the ongoing conclusion that Klopp actually gives a fuck about his players.

By letting them both go they continue to pursue their own careers instead of stagnate.

That shit really makes the players left, or ones to be signed, more comfortable.

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
This is the only time I’ll comment on this thread.
Karius will stay.
Think that is a safe bet,no way we will go into the season with two kids as back up,an injury to Alisson and you put all kinds of unneccessary pressure on the kids and likely stuff them both up,it happens @Flobs.!
Karius is a better bet than Migs,unless we go around waving money in a panic to sign someone else.

Flobs

FADA
Think that is a safe bet,no way we will go into the season with two kids as back up,an injury to Alisson and you put all kinds of unneccessary pressure on the kids and likely stuff them both up,it happens @Flobs.!
Karius is a better bet than Migs,unless we go around waving money in a panic to sign someone else.
I know shit happens, even Forrest Gump knows that. We have seen it with out goalkeeper situation as I say it's crap big piles of it. However the situation we have is highly amusing all these posters pooing themselves despite us having bought Alisson. He must be as injury prone as Sturridge. lol

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
I agee with Flobs.

It’s a shit situation we find ourselves in and it’s mostly self inflicted.

But I reckon I’d rather go with the kids than keep 12 million pound of damaged goods floating around.

How could migs or karius possibly be motivated and in the right frame of mind, given the goings on.

In an ideal world Pepe Reina ( or similar)would have come along in Allison’s hand luggage, but it’s not a perfect world.

Recoup the money, trust the kids, hope the shit doesn’t fly, and rectify in jan or next summer.

It is what it is now in my mind, keeping karius around now is more potentially damaging to him and us, than the upshot of the difference between him and grabara

RMP

TIA First Team
If selling Danny Ward was the stupid move we made in the transfer, I'll be happy.

It's a weird situation, both Migs and Karius both have the attitude of a first-team goalkeeper determine not to play second fiddle. Both also determined to play well enough to fight off competition for the spot but both too complacent to actually be a starting goalkeeper for a club as big as us.

I think Joe Hart is also in that category as well. Even at the time, I thought it was weird selling Ward. But maybe Karius threw a hissy fit about us signing Alisson after Klopp publicly backing him.

For what it's worth, I'd try to do a swap deal with Watford and exchange Gomes for Mignolet in the hopes of someone willing to take a back seat and help both Alisson bed in and train our youngsters.

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
I know shit happens, even Forrest Gump knows that. We have seen it with out goalkeeper situation as I say it's crap big piles of it. However the situation we have is highly amusing all these posters pooing themselves despite us having bought Alisson. He must be as injury prone as Sturridge. lol
No suggestion that the guy is injury prone at all,but it does happen,maybe like Ramos’s elbow did to Karius.

Maria

FIFA Club Champions of The World
Ad-free Member
The only time he'll be here is when we rip him a new asshole when we destroy Madrid in the champ lge
I really want this revenge with Real Madrid. Tbh, I think Real Madrid are a little vulnerable this upcoming season, I still think they are strong.

Livvy

Alles wird gut
I really want this revenge with Real Madrid. Tbh, I think Real Madrid are a little vulnerable this upcoming season, I still think they are strong.
Yes let's give Ramos and his gang a "very warm welcome" to Anfield but I wouldn't be against Barca as well ;-)

GaryBarlow99

Not really a surprise as that club has never been known for having any sort of class or respect for anyone other than themselves
Wasn't there a picture going round of Modric, Kovacic and Marcelo laughing at the Liverpool badge when Brazil played Croatia at Anfield?

Red over the water

Karius has an enormously difficult journey to get back. Best of luck to him in that, whether he is sold, goes on loan, or carries on here out of the spotlight for a while as a number two for Alisson.

Asensio has gone down in my book. Hopefully fate will see us draw Real Madrid again next season, only next time we will be better equipped to beat them and knock them down a peg or two. Asensio needs it. The great hope of Real Madrid? Nah, too many splinters in his backside watching them from the bench.

As for Ramos, hopefully he will feel the displeasure of The Kop before he hangs his boots up, and while I don't wish career-threatening injury on any pro, I'd happily settle for a smashed up face for him, sort of like when Stevie took Fellaini out and the big oaf sat on the ground, dazed and bleeding.

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
I felt at the time and I still feel it now . we would have beaten Madrid over two legs . they would have had no answer to us at anfield. Always felt a one off final would suit them more

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member

gr_sounder

Apparently Karius has given Alisson the 1 shirt. He’ll still wear 13 tonight but he will have 1 shirt on Sun.
Nice gesture from Karius.
Karius has taken this entire situation about as well and professionally as possible.
He's really taken a hit over these last few months. I will root for him to get his mojo back wherever he goes.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Karius has taken this entire situation about as well and professionally as possible.
He's really taken a hit over these last few months. I will root for him to get his mojo back wherever he goes.
Same.

Status
Not open for further replies.