• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Loris Karius (GK) Bayer Leverkusen / Besiktas

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Caradoc

Wish him the best but definitely the right thing for both him.and the club. Migs to stay as back up I'm ok with. Better shot stopper them Karius but worse at distribution IMHO

Mignolet is fine so long as he doesn’t get time to think which is why he is a decent reflex shot stopper. Unfortunately for Mignolet a lot of a top level goalkeeper’s game involves thinking. Sounds harsh I know but it has actually been shown to be true in Mignolet’s case on too many occasions.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad
Karius needs a fresh start out of the spotlight. If we manage to get the best part of £10m then you're gotta salute Edwards once again.

As for keeping Migs, he's not a bad 'keeper and if you think about it there aren't many teams that have a no 2 as good as Migs.

C

Caradoc

LK1. Is he any relation to R2D2, CP3O or K9 ...... ? ;-)

Seriously, I really like the kid and wish him all the very best for the future wherever that future lies. Be happy lad ...... don’t let the buggers get you down. In a couple of years you could be having the last laugh and leaving everyone wondering what all the fuss was about in 2018. Go for it ......

Loris Karius, YNWA! :well done:

Redopium

Karius needs a fresh start out of the spotlight. If we manage to get the best part of £10m then you're gotta salute Edwards once again.

As for keeping Migs, he's not a bad 'keeper and if you think about it there aren't many teams that have a no 2 as good as Migs.
Hard to believe a keeper we had as no1 for the last few years is not even wanted by newly promoted teams. Lol.

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
Hard to believe a keeper we had as no1 for the last few years is not even wanted by newly promoted teams. lol.

its not actually funny.

id wager they would have grabbed him at almost any other point in his career here apart from the very shaky start and just after the CL final.

lets not forget, the poor guy was taken out by Ramos whos still laughing about the matter.

hoping LK can turn all this on its head, play for Germany one day in his career and have complete redemption.

that he isnt as good as AB is not a crime.

one of my other hopes is one day he's on a football field for his club or country VS a team that contains a certain destestable spanish defender, i hope there's a high ball into the box, i hope he goes up for a challenge with said defender, and catches(not punches) the ball cleanly, using his knee as his first defence as all keepers are taught, quite where that knee lands.....well....ill let you guys wish for what you want, in the defenders manhood is my choice though.

i would probably have the photo immediately afterwards as my avatar. i can actually picture it.

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
Certain times when the players commit grave mistakes which lead to catastrophic results, certain players improve themselves, get hungry(hungry. Not horny as per the eloquent words of LVG) and prove them in next possible opportunity. I thought Karius would improve greatly from this setback. But he seems to be broken physiologically.
Hope he does better in Turkey. He is still young, so hope he gets another shot somewhere in a big club.
With regards to the change in style when Mignolet ia playing - it's going to be less than 10 games in the season, i assume. And even in those games, he will play with our second string teams. Obviously we need to adjust accordingly. But early rounds of FA/League cup against Tier 3/4 opponents should be ok for Mignolet to handle. He is not that bad.

Bonus

TIA New Signing
Ad-free Member
Sorry to see him go, as I liked him as our keeper,
I thought he was growing in confidence,
then the champs league final happened.

But its probably best for both parties if he leaves,
hopefully he rebuilds his career and go goes onto be a top class goalkeeper.
and 1 day smashes Ramos in the chops during a challenge for a high ball!

anyway, good luck Loris.

Redopium

its not actually funny.

id wager they would have grabbed him at almost any other point in his career here apart from the very shaky start and just after the CL final.

lets not forget, the poor guy was taken out by Ramos whos still laughing about the matter.

hoping LK can turn all this on its head, play for Germany one day in his career and have complete redemption.

that he isnt as good as AB is not a crime.

one of my other hopes is one day he's on a football field for his club or country VS a team that contains a certain destestable spanish defender, i hope there's a high ball into the box, i hope he goes up for a challenge with said defender, and catches(not punches) the ball cleanly, using his knee as his first defence as all keepers are taught, quite where that knee lands.....well....ill let you guys wish for what you want, in the defenders manhood is my choice though.

i would probably have the photo immediately afterwards as my avatar. i can actually picture it.
Please read my post again, you got it wrong.

Danny_

I never rated him, not before the CL and the CL just confirmed his frailties for me. It's possible that he could develop into a good keeper in the future but he was thrown in too early for us. He should have remained no.2 if it wasn't for Mignolet. In any case, I think this move is the best for both parties if he has found another club. Wish him all the best in the future

StevenAlonso

I would prefer Mignolet to Karius to be honest..Having sold Ward (would have loved him to stay) having Mignolet as backup is ideal..

bazza66

TIA Youth Team

That's an appalling lack of ambition there, redbj: I would have wished for the throat!

C

Caradoc

Follow up to comments above, a big shame Costa missed stamping on Ramos pinhead last week. You've gotta feel its coming and when it happens he won't be quite so cock sure of himself.

Good luck Lorius.

Yep, I posted that elsewhere the other day. Costa didn’t miss, he raked Ramos down the back of his head with his studs. Ramos even had the cheek to get up and remostrate about this incident after elbowing Costa in the face earlier in the match.

Now an elbow in the face/head where have we seen that happen before in a match involving Ramos ...... ? :think:

:unhappy:

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
I never rated him, not before the CL and the CL just confirmed his frailties for me. It's possible that he could develop into a good keeper in the future but he was thrown in too early for us. He should have remained no.2 if it wasn't for Mignolet. In any case, I think this move is the best for both parties if he has found another club. Wish him all the best in the future
He was always bought with a view of being number one immediately and would have been had he not broken his hand. He didnt see himself as being a number two and probably wouldnt have come if he thought he was going to be. This summer was a difficult situation for him because being number two to Alisson meant that he wouldnt get the regular playing time he would want to demonstrate he was over those mistakes he made in the CL or at least work it out of his system. Instead it could have been gnawing away at him.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Yep, I posted that elsewhere the other day. Costa didn’t miss, he raked Ramos down the back of his head with his studs. Ramos even had the cheek to get up and remostrate about this incident after elbowing Costa in the face earlier in the match.

Now an elbow in the face/head where have we seen that happen before in a match involving Ramos ...... ? :think:

:unhappy:
Costa isnt a player you elbow in the face if you dont want repurcussions unless you are hoping he will get himself sent off - and that rarely happens considering how dirty he can be. I'm more than happy to have our happy attacking side and blitz our way to glory - but there are times when i think it would be awesome to have a bastard side with Costa up front and dog it out like in the old days.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad
Due in Istanbul tomorrow and Besiktas have changed their Twitter picture to a photo of him.Looks like this is getting done imminently.

Wish him all the best on his fresh start. Hope he can put his CL final disaster behind him and go on to become a really decent 'keeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.