Loris Karius (GK) Bayer Leverkusen / Besiktas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow up to comments above, a big shame Costa missed stamping on Ramos pinhead last week. You've gotta feel its coming and when it happens he won't be quite so cock sure of himself.

Good luck Lorius.

Caradoc

Y Goeden Bywyd
Follow up to comments above, a big shame Costa missed stamping on Ramos pinhead last week. You've gotta feel its coming and when it happens he won't be quite so cock sure of himself.

Good luck Lorius.

Yep, I posted that elsewhere the other day. Costa didn’t miss, he raked Ramos down the back of his head with his studs. Ramos even had the cheek to get up and remostrate about this incident after elbowing Costa in the face earlier in the match.

Now an elbow in the face/head where have we seen that happen before in a match involving Ramos ...... ? :think:

:unhappy:

redfanman

TIA Regular
I never rated him, not before the CL and the CL just confirmed his frailties for me. It's possible that he could develop into a good keeper in the future but he was thrown in too early for us. He should have remained no.2 if it wasn't for Mignolet. In any case, I think this move is the best for both parties if he has found another club. Wish him all the best in the future
He was always bought with a view of being number one immediately and would have been had he not broken his hand. He didnt see himself as being a number two and probably wouldnt have come if he thought he was going to be. This summer was a difficult situation for him because being number two to Alisson meant that he wouldnt get the regular playing time he would want to demonstrate he was over those mistakes he made in the CL or at least work it out of his system. Instead it could have been gnawing away at him.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Yep, I posted that elsewhere the other day. Costa didn’t miss, he raked Ramos down the back of his head with his studs. Ramos even had the cheek to get up and remostrate about this incident after elbowing Costa in the face earlier in the match.

Now an elbow in the face/head where have we seen that happen before in a match involving Ramos ...... ? :think:

:unhappy:
Costa isnt a player you elbow in the face if you dont want repurcussions unless you are hoping he will get himself sent off - and that rarely happens considering how dirty he can be. I'm more than happy to have our happy attacking side and blitz our way to glory - but there are times when i think it would be awesome to have a bastard side with Costa up front and dog it out like in the old days.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad.
Due in Istanbul tomorrow and Besiktas have changed their Twitter picture to a photo of him.Looks like this is getting done imminently.

Wish him all the best on his fresh start. Hope he can put his CL final disaster behind him and go on to become a really decent 'keeper.

SithBaare

From Doubters to Believers
All the tools with him to be a really good keeper.

All the best. And hope to see you back in Liverpool.

Caradoc

Y Goeden Bywyd
Yep, Pob Lwc Lorius lad.

I really do hope this is the new beginning that you seek to get your career back on track. It was just over 30 minutes of your Liverpool career that did the ‘damage’ so try to look back on your time with the club in a positive light. You can do it son, you’re young and talented enough.

Loris Karius, LK1

YNWA!

SithBaare

From Doubters to Believers
Yep, Pob Lwc Lorius lad.

I really do hope this is the new beginning that you seek to get your career back on track. It was just over 30 minutes of your Liverpool career that did the ‘damage’ so try to look back on your time with the club in a positive light. You can do it son, you’re young and talented enough.

Loris Karius, LK1

YNWA!
30 minutes when he was concussed. Wouldn't ever blame him the fuck for that. Some of our "supporters" need to hang their head in shame for what they've done.

JibJab

Mo Mane Mo' Problems
I'm not going to mince words - he wasn't that great when he was here, and I'm glad we've replaced him with someone who is significantly better. Even prior to the disaster in the final, he displayed a bit of insecurity out there as a keeper that did not inspire confidence. I never had a lot of faith in him, and neither did the club, really (which is why they were linked with Alisson in February). The three month run to the final didn't sell me on him, either. This is the truth.

If he didn't have that disaster in the final - even if we WON the final - I would have liked an upgrade. That is the truth, too.

I prefer Mignolet as a backup, personally, though I could have stomached keeping Loris back there if Mignolet departed.

But I'll wish him well in Turkey. I feel terrible that his defining legacy as a Red will be that disaster in the final. Concussion or not, he'll likely never be able to disassociate himself with those errors on club football's biggest stage. I just hope that he can find fulfillment somewhere else. He wasn't a bad keeper here, and he may have been able to become pretty good, but it's best for him to move on and try to rebuild his reputation and recapture some quality.

Maria

Wishing Loris Karius best of luck at Bestiktas. I hope he can erase the memory of that final. He can start afresh and get some games under his belt and show the rwal talent he really is. The majority of the time he was playing in the last half of the season, he worked really hard and always gave 100% for team and played really well. He was so respectful and always gave times to the fans.

Karius is going to one of the most beautiful, modern and historical cities in the world, which straddles across Europe and Asia across the Bosphorus straits, with lovely people, good food and breath taking scenery. A city which reflects so many cultural influences of many empires which ruled the world. I wouldn't mind going there myself to live.

Good luck Karius,
Just do your best and stay positive.

You will always be welcome at LFC.
YNWA always

ETA: No matter what, I think every LFC will always have Istanbul city in their hearts forever.

Last edited:

Caradoc

Y Goeden Bywyd
Wishing Loris Karius best of luck at Bestiktas. I hope he can erase the memory of that final. He can start afresh and get some games under his belt and show the rwal talent he really is. The majority of the time he was playing in the last half of the season, he worked really hard and always gave 100% for team and played really well. He was so respectful and always gave times to the fans.

Karius is going to one of the most beautiful, modern and historical cities in the world, which straddles across Europe and Asia across the Bosphorus straits, with lovely people, good food and breath taking scenery. A city which reflects so many cultural influences of many empires which ruled the world. I wouldn't mind going there myself to live.

Good luck Karius,
Just do your best and stay positive.

You will always be welcome at LFC.
YNWA always

Istanbul is indeed a beautiful and very interesting city. Also nice food as you say. The Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia and Topkapi Palace are well worth a visit and you can always get lost in the Grand Bazaar - literally - and exit into a different part of the city. So when are you leaving Maria? :tongue:

Maria

Istanbul is indeed a beautiful and very interesting city. Also nice food as you say. The Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia and Topkapi Palace are well worth a visit and you can always get lost in the Grand Bazaar - literally - and exit into a different part of the city. So when are you leaving Maria? :tongue:[/QUOTE

When my friend in Istanbul finds me a neighbourhood like Ealing with a nice bakery nearby, overlooking the Bosphorus.lol

Status
Not open for further replies.