• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Luis Alberto Romero (AM) - Sevilla

Status
Not open for further replies.

No Men in the Box Redux

Keyboard Warrior
This looks like its going to happen. Good stuff. Mignolet and Mkhitaryan progress mentioned also.

Link from the beeb:

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22996681

Liverpool to sign Sevilla forward Luis Alberto

By Phil McNulty Chief football writer

Liverpool have moved closer to completing another summer signing with Sevilla forward Luis Alberto scheduled to arrive on Merseyside on Friday for a medical ahead of a £6.8m move.

The 20-year-old Spain Under-21 international has been on loan at Barcelona B but they have not take up their option and Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers stepped in to sign Alberto.

The Reds have also made significant progress in the last 48 hours with their move to sign Sunderland goalkeeper Simon Mignolet.
Sunderland are holding out for £10m for the Belgium keeper after Liverpool offered £8m - but a deal is on the brink of being struck after further talks between the two clubs and the move is expected to be completed early next week.

Liverpool have already signed Kolo Toure from Manchester City on a free transfer and have a £6.7m deal agreed in principle for Celta Vigo's Iago Aspas which will go through once paperwork has been completed.

Rodgers is also progressing with a move to sign Shakhtar Donetsk's Armenia midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan but there may not be a swift resolution to this transfer with Liverpool facing competition from a number of European clubs.

The 24-year-old has a release clause in his contract, believed to be around £20m, and Liverpool are willing to meet it in an attempt to sign one of European football's most coveted emerging players.

ptt

2020, head of the table.
When it's on 5 live news, it's happening. Rock on :)

Orien

I can't believe you lot are deciding what name he uses. Boring. This thread is about football ;)

EdWood

TIA Youth Team
Anfield rd Dreamer said:
Not appreciative of the cancer jokes guys, sure there will be others too if you could drop them for me please?
I'm a fan of The Young Ones mate. If offence was caused, apologies.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
EdWood said:
I'm a fan of The Young Ones mate. If offence was caused, apologies.
Know how its intended and no offence at all taken mate but old wounds, touchy subject an all that. Bit of a mood killer and sure Im not only one that applies to mate thats all.

Edit: Painfully lost mum just to clarify in case anybody misunderstood the old wounds comment, just emotional ones for me.

MarlboroMan

Vertrauen Sie mir
REDSkins said:
I want us to keep Skrtle and Coatez and play Gerrard as AM.

You know you love it.

As for Wicho Alberto, seems like he can play anywhere in attack other than as a #9. Speaking of 9s, I want to see Borini start every game while Sturridge is out. Give him the minutes he deserves
:) Sarcasm at its best.

You are being sarcastic? Cause if you weren't then well this would be kinda awkward.

kopite1982

Spanish i take it?? Didnt make the u21's??? Why? Not good enough? Anyone know if he was with u19/20's???

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Ad-free Member
kopite1982 said:
Spanish i take it?? Didnt make the u21's??? Why? Not good enough? Anyone know uf he was with u19/20's???
This was covered a few pages back (and a few pages before that), p14 I think.

Essentially, behind established top-flight players who are older than him - Isco, Muniain, Tello, Thiago and the like - for the U21s, and is too old to qualify for the U20s.

kopite1982

Zinedine Biscan said:

Essentially, behind established top-flight players who are older than him - Isco, Muniain, Tello, Thiago and the like - for the U21s, and is too old to qualify for the U20s.
Cheers

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
Skysports just said that this guy is undergoing medical on Friday, had been said before but for me somehow seeing it in SKysports have a more reliability to it. 7mil pounds touted to be the price.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
It's 6m rising to 7m with incentives, the thing is I'm ok with 6m and if he does well I will be happy with the 7m.

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
gasband said:
Skysports just said that this guy is undergoing medical on Friday, had been said before but for me somehow seeing it in SKysports have a more reliability to it. 7mil pounds touted to be the price.
I think friday is today. So if sky said it just now , they should have said "is undergoing medical today" right?

Anyway. I am kind of thinking that the next of transfer would be - Luis and Atsu will come in and Assaidi and Pacheco will go out.

mattyhurst said:
It's 6m rising to 7m with incentives, the thing is I'm ok with 6m and if he does well I will be happy with the 7m.
Your mood swings from ok to happy in 1m? Bugger !! :lol:

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
The Elusive 19th said:
I think friday is today. So if sky said it just now , they should have said "is undergoing medical today" right?

Anyway. I am kind of thinking that the next of transfer would be - Luis and Atsu will come in and Assaidi and Pacheco will go out.

Your mood swings from ok to happy in 1m? Bugger !! :lol:
Well who wouldn't be happy with a 1m

jabu

TIA New Signing
well im here, managed to stay off the drug until now (12:00pm)... see we almost have one in the bag, nice:)

kopite1982

Still not 100% about this transfer! Is he coming in to replace shelvey/ assaidi and play carling cup games or is he coming in to help us push for that top 4 ?? Im sure for an extra 2/3 mil tello would of been a better option no or even affaly??? Anyway good luck to the guy!!

hoosierred

Ad-free Member
We've already seen a photo of someone who might be Luis Alberto standing on a distinctively patterned side walk that might be somewhere in England, and you want MORE proof?

MarkMcC

TIA Squad Member
The Elusive 19th said:
Its unfair. We need a photo NOW. :angry:
give them a chance! They're busy adjusting the mood lighting, arranging the cushions and throws just so. They so want to make sure it's just right that they've brought in Enrique as creative consultant. Well he did such a good job on his own shots...

Zinedine Biscan

Ad-free Member
hoosierred said:
We've already seen a photo of someone who might be Luis Alberto standing on a distinctively patterned side walk that might be somewhere in England, and you want MORE proof?
It wasn't him unfortunately, it was that other Spanish kid (from Valencia, I think?) in both those pictures yesterday.

Sounds like this lad is indeed on Merseyside at the moment though.

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
hoosierred said:
That was 12+ hours before and that guy is said to be the *** (forgot the name). But its told that he is not Luis Alberto! Pedro Chirivella.

Edit - corrected the name. Thanks Kwala.

jabu

TIA New Signing
Zinedine Biscan said:

well i guess since coutinho never ever made the brazil u21 he must not be any good

Zinedine Biscan

Ad-free Member
jabu said:
well i guess since coutinho never ever made the brazil u21 he must not be any good
Is that true? Just goes to show, doesn't it.

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
Zinedine Biscan said:
We were cheated by Inter. They made us buy a player with 0 U-21 international experience. Lets ask them to pay 25% of the fee back.

jabu

TIA New Signing
Zinedine Biscan said:
yep!!! check his football history, he made the u20 not the u21, not good enough i guess

jabu

TIA New Signing
jabu said:
yep!!! check his football history, he made the u20 not the u21, not good enough i guess
didnt make the u23 for the olympics either, what a sad sad player, seriously waste of money:)

DeathOrGlory

Fortune Favours the Gegenpress
It's exciting knowing pictures of him on the table with Zaf are going to be up soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.