• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Luis Suárez (FW) to Real Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macedonian_Red

Banned Users
All the Manchester journos are saying the story isn't true and was started by Liverpool.

One of two outcomes if this is true:

1) We are looking to create a market to sell Suarez.
2) We are making the owners shit themselves so they release funds in January.
The most likely scenario ... FSG are aware that we need to buy several players, since we have sold/released too many senior players, so the easiest way out of this situation is to sell Suarez when his price is high, and buy 3-4 players for the received money ... It is not like they have never done it before ...

DanLFC

Strafing ground targets
This story has been totally rubbished by Man City, it is a non story, they have clearly stated they have no interest in Suarez and we have been very clear we have no intention of selling.

End of story this thread should be closed

Macedonian_Red

Banned Users
This story has been totally rubbished by Man City, it is a non story, they have clearly stated they have no interest in Suarez and we have been very clear we have no intention of selling.

End of story this thread should be closed
It was clear from the beginning that the story has originated from Liverpool, and not Manchester ... Someone has briefed the press, and too many (usually reliable) sources has carried the speculation ... The only question is WHY?

ptt

2020, head of the table.
I don't believe for a second that Liverpool have leaked this story, nobody has a BBQ in November ;)

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
The most likely scenario ... FSG are aware that we need to buy several players, since we have sold/released too many senior players, so the easiest way out of this situation is to sell Suarez when his price is high, and buy 3-4 players for the received money ... It is not like they have never done it before ...
They have done it once in 2 years mate. Thats hardly setting a pattern. They hired Kenny when the manager was struggling is that a pattern we should expect too as they've done that before? They've broken the British transfer record once is that something we should expect to happen regularly now as they've done it before?

RedSeven

On the one road
Sorry mate, but that is nonsense ... In his last "poor" 18 months with LFC, Torres has scored 27 goals in 45 league appearances, or 0.600 goals per game ... So far, Suarez has scored 23 goals in 55 league appearances for LFC, or 0.418 goals per game ... So much for Torres "playing shit for 2 seasons" ... I know that some people would like to justify FSG's decision to sell Torres, but the fact remains that it was a fuck up of monumental proportions ...
Finally something we agree on :D Just kidding mate.

rab

Sorry mate, but that is nonsense ... In his last "poor" 18 months with LFC, Torres has scored 27 goals in 45 league appearances, or 0.600 goals per game ... So far, Suarez has scored 23 goals in 55 league appearances for LFC, or 0.418 goals per game ... So much for Torres "playing shit for 2 seasons" ... I know that some people would like to justify FSG's decision to sell Torres, but the fact remains that it was a fuck up of monumental proportions ...
Information should not be confused for knowledge. Comolli played the transfer game based purely on stats and look how well that worked out....

Simple fact is he didn't look the player he was from previous seasons at the time he was sold even though he was scoring some goals for us. He didn't look sharp, he didn't look happy, he didn't look like he wanted to be here and someone wanted to pay us way over what he was worth. You ask a Chelsea fan if they think they got the better end of the deal on Torres, I can tell you now the ones I know think we mugged them off a treat.

That £50m could have helped propel us forward but it was wasted on Andy Carroll. Had we bought a better player or maybe two with that money we wouldn't be thinking it was a fuck up, we'd be laughing our asses off.

Imagine we'd bough Falcao instead of Carroll and he and Luis were banging goals in for fun now, would we look back on the Torres deal as a good one or bad one? Just becasue we wasted the Torres money doesn't mean the initial deal wasn't a good one to make.

RedJacko

TIA Youth Team
Lets not forget it was FSG'S/Kennys's/Commolis intention to sign Suarez as a partner for Torres in the first place before Chelsea branded about 50m,Torres was clearly unhappy anyway. Anybody could see that.

rab

Sold Torres and bought Suarez and broke the British transfer record for Carroll, the utter swines.

Lets get the pitchforks and torches and march on Boston until John Henry agrees to buy Falcao with his own personal credit card.

RedSeven

On the one road
They have done it once in 2 years mate. Thats hardly setting a pattern. They hired Kenny when the manager was struggling is that a pattern we should expect too as they've done that before? They've broken the British transfer record once is that something we should expect to happen regularly now as they've done it before?
Do you believe we started this rumour and if so why did we start it/what conclusion do you come to ?

This question(s) is aimed at the lads who would normally be quite supportive of Fsg.

jimmydestiny

In between the lines
City won't part with Dzeko, as for Balotelli - no fucking way lol

It would be a disaster if we lost Suarez. He's core to everything we are trying to achieve on the pitch.
Dzeko wants 1st team football so it is a possibility. As for Mario, he is the perfect troubled genius to replace Luis (i admit a small man crush lol )

Sold Torres and bought Suarez and broke the British transfer record for Carroll, the utter swines.

Lets get the pitchforks and torches and march on Boston until John Henry agrees to buy Falcao with his own personal credit card.
We bought Suarez before torres put in his transfer request. Just saying.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Do you believe we started this rumour and if so why did we start it/what conclusion do you come to ?

This question(s) is aimed at the lads who would normally be quite supportive of Fsg.
I believe this Daily Post reporter was probably talking to a contact at the club who said "Wouldn't surprise me if City tried to sign Suarez he is in blistering form. Has to be worth at least £40 million by now surely?" and boom shit hits the fan! Post has good connectiona so everybody regurgitates the story. Meanwhile City and Rodgers laugh it off and the secretary or receptionist or whoever the contact is gets a slap on wrist for starting gossip.

ChicagoRed

Banned Users
I believe this Daily Post reporter was probably talking to a contact at the club who said "Wouldn't surprise me if City tried to sign Suarez he is in blistering form. Has to be worth at least £40 million by now surely?" and boom shit hits the fan! Post has good connectiona so everybody regurgitates the story. Meanwhile City and Rodgers laugh it off and the secretary or receptionist or whoever the contact is gets a slap on wrist for starting gossip.
Or there weren't any contacts at all and adding 1+1 is 2. This is a non story. Wake me up when it actually happens. Yawn.

RedSeven

On the one road
Fair point,lets hope that's all it is.I don't want to see him go.But if he does go there will be uproar,not just because we sold him,but because it will be taken that we started this whole thing off.Even if it worked out fantastic for us,you wouldn't be able to trust what they say again.

LiVeRp0oL89

I thought all three deals were done January 31st?
They were but the Suarez deal was being discussed well before Torres decided he wanted to leave. Suarez playing behind Torres before Chelsea ruined him would of been one of the best strike combinations in the world.

RedSeven

On the one road
I thought all three deals were done January 31st?
No,thursday morning 27th,breaks that torres wants out,that night talks of handing in transfer request.
Either friday or saturday we buy suarez(agree deal),torres hands in request.
Monday 31st we sell torres and buy andy.think that was how it went,fairly sure.

DEVGRU

Banned for the umpteenth time
He wanted to leave. Hence the transfer request before the deadline.

rab

I think it's a bit of a non story all round and I doubt FSG would be putting it out there, what's for them to gain by distracting players and management with this story with over six weeks to go until the window. The phrase used in the original story is 'may be considering'. It's as wishy washy a connection as could possibly be written without just coming out and saying 'im guessing that City might be interested in Suarez and could bid in January but might not.'

He's having a storming start to the season and City are spluttering so it doesn't need a source from either club to make a very weak insinuation that City might be interested in trying to buy him. How many transfer rumours are written each day and what percentage of them actually happen? I mean weren't Spurs may be considering an offer for Sterling in the summer, he's still here.

mpoletti

Bearded Rumour Mill Regista
Brendan Rodgers insists Liverpool have no intention of selling Luis Suarez in the January transfer window.

Speculation in Thursday's press suggested Manchester City have shown an interest in the Uruguay striker - but Rodgers is adamant he'll remain a Reds player.
The boss told reporters at Melwood: "He's certainly not someone we want to sell or move on. He has been a brilliant player to work with and we want to add to our squad - not take people out of it, especially a world-class player.
"We'll continue to work and stay focused on what we're trying to achieve. Luis has already shown in the summer his commitment to the club. He signed a new deal and you've seen up until this point, he's in a great moment in his footballing life here at Liverpool. He's scoring goals and working well.
"I'll just continue to communicate with all the players and Luis in particular. He is very, very happy here.
"There will be no bidding war. He is staying here."

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/rodgers-suarez-is-staying-here

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Good news that BR is moving so soon to squash the rumours. Of course it doesn't mean everything. He also said he wouldn't let Carroll go out if he couldn't get another striker, and look what happened...

But it's ok to close this thread for the time being. If further evidence emerges that this isn't dead, it can be reopened eventually.

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
Sturridge injured his ligaments, he may not be playing again this season, while Suarez looks like he's off. The words I'm willing to use to describe this situation are not allowed anywhere.

It is rumoured that his release clause is 50 million pounds. I think we got screwed over there as he is 60 million pounds player.

If we sell him, which is not unthinkable at this point, get there are players in the upper bracket like Reus, Lamela, Jovetić and Muriel and we should look the get three of those (with some money added from selling Carroll, for example) and bloody strengthen our team. Logic says that I'd rather have such three players than one Suarez. Heart says...

I apologise in advance if I'm being overly negative today. I'm sure you'll understand.

DeathOrGlory

Fortune Favours the Gegenpress
Nikola, I understand that you're delirious from the shock, but Reus and probably Jovetic ain't gonna come over. Would absolutely be ecstatic if they did.

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
Nikola13 said:
Sturridge injured his ligaments, he may not be playing again this season, while Suarez looks like he's off. The words I'm willing to use to describe this situation are not allowed anywhere.

It is rumoured that his release clause is 50 million pounds. I think we got screwed over there as he is 60 million pounds player.

If we sell him, which is not unthinkable at this point, get there are players in the upper bracket like Reus, Lamela, Jovetić and Muriel and we should look the get three of those (with some money added from selling Carroll, for example) and bloody strengthen our team. Logic says that I'd rather have such three players than one Suarez. Heart says...

I apologise in advance if I'm being overly negative today. I'm sure you'll understand.
How good is your jinxing Nik. I am thinking here that since the thread is opened by you, may be we have a chance of retaining him here. ;)

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
Am hoping for Real Madrid to get on with buying Cavani or bale and maybe this might go away for a while. Though reckon Bayern may fish later on

But 2 obstacles lie in the way, Rafa Benitez and Napolis not inconsiderable DOF and Daniel Levy. I think they may see us in the end as far easier meat. And tbh they may well be correct. But it's not too late to stave this off, particularly if the club tie up a couple of genuine first team level buys soon. Don't think it can wait till the end this time, we need some talent on board ASAP to show we are serious about competing

Also I wish Rodgers wouldn't resort to bad cliches like 'every player has his price' in his public statements. Feels like the other one I have mentioned as a calling card of a second rate selling club trying to make them feel better about themselves. But when people leave us to win trophies, it is kind of difficult to push the no ones bigger than the club idea with any great sense of meaning. If they werent, they would be leaving when we choose after all...

pensterx

TIA Regular
RichLFC said:
Am hoping for Real Madrid to get on with buying Cavani or bale and maybe this might go away for a while. Though reckon Bayern may fish later on

But 2 obstacles lie in the way, Rafa Benitez and Napolis not inconsiderable DOF and Daniel Levy. I think they may see us in the end as far easier meat. And tbh they may well be correct. But it's not too late to stave this off, particularly if the club tie up a couple of genuine first team level buys soon. Don't think it can wait till the end this time, we need some talent on board ASAP to show we are serious about competing

Also I wish Rodgers wouldn't resort to bad cliches like 'every player has his price' in his public statements. Feels like the other one I have mentioned as a calling card of the selling club to try and make them feel better about themselves. But when people leave us to win trophies, it is kind of difficult to push the no ones bigger than the club idea with any great sense of meaning. If they werent, they would be leaving when we choose after all...
Not sure about Bayern. The talk here in Germany is that Lewandowski will go to Bayern.

supereddman98

If (and its a big if) Suarez does go to Madrid I'd take 15 million and Benzema. Money in the bank and Suarez replaced it one quick swoop.

Superior Complex

The club will already have a replacement lined up when we didn't finish top 4, Suarez is a great player but not the best player we've lost in my eyes.

Time will tell but it's not mission impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.