• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Luis Suárez (FW) to Real Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Druss

TIA Reserve Team
I know "slavery" has been abolished. But I believe in this case we have to refuse allowing Luis to leave.

Not just because he's our best players and in my opinion one of the top 5-10 players in the world. But because of the impact it will have on our starting 11

We've already lost Carra. Probably going to lose pepe. And now Suarez. That's 3 of last year's starting 11

I know we can replace some of them and tweak our system to incorporate new players. However it sounds like we will have another year of transition.

Losing 3 of your starting 11 is not a great start for any team!

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
no use in worrying about losing players we haven't lost yet...

This Suarez leaving business always starts up when he gives interviews in Uruguayan...coincidence?

calel9

TIA Squad Member
Its not that the goals cant be replaced with a new player or two but the effect of him leaving will he enormous.

Take Benzema and 25 mill.

Use it to get Eriksen and Fischer in a double swoop.

Adds depth, goals and high profile.

supereddman98

Just listening to Talksport and it sounds like the only player Madrid are sniffing after is Bale.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
supereddman98 said:
Just listening to Talksport and it sounds like the only player Madrid are sniffing after is Bale.
It is May, and they still don't have their manager in...

LiVeRp0oL89

Possibly telling comments from Florentino Perez;

''Bale was born to play in Madrid.''

''Suarez is a great player and I am sure all in the world would want him. I like him and others too, but it does not always fit.''

Bit of a contrast?

Trying to look at this without my red tinted glasses on, I just think Bale would suit Madrid more and honestly, I think they want him more than Suarez. To me, Real's more of a 'glamour' sort of team which Bale fits and Suarez doesn't, plus he does come with baggage at the end of the day. I was actually more worried about Barcelona signing Suarez over Real until they signed Neymar as I'd think he'd fit better there.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
I don't think he's going anywhere. There rumours always flare up when he's on international duty.

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
LiVeRp0oL89 said:

''Suarez is a great player and I am sure all in the world would want him. I like him and others too, but it does not always fit.''

Bit of a contrast?

Trying to look at this without my red tinted glasses on, I just think Bale would suit Madrid more and honestly, I think they want him more than Suarez. To me, Real's more of a 'glamour' sort of team which Bale fits and Suarez doesn't, plus he does come with baggage at the end of the day. I was actually more worried about Barcelona signing Suarez over Real until they signed Neymar as I'd think he'd fit better there.
Is kind of what I am thinking is the case at the moment as well. But Madrid still have to fight their way past a small, bald Jewish fella with steel rimmed specs and a will of cast iron...

Done it before but took a few seasons and they found themselves nicht de coin at the end of it...

Lucas

If he does go, due to the activities of January and this window, I have full confidence in our scouting group to spend wisely, unlike with Torres' sale.

schmee

Master of Ashla and Bogan.
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/8742624/Transfer-news-Luis-Suarez-staying-at-Liverpool-agent-tells-Sky-Sports-News

Transfer news: Luis Suarez staying at Liverpool, agent tells Sky Sports News
Last Updated: May 30, 2013 11:21am

Luis Suarez has no plans to leave Liverpool this summer, his agent has told Sky Sports News.
The striker was quoted as telling a Uruguayan radio station this week that it would be "very difficullt" to turn down Real Madrid, fuelling talk of his impending exit.
Bernabeu president Florentino Perez gave the story further credence when he admitted Suarez, along with Tottenham's Gareth Bale, was on his radar.
But Suarez's agent, Pere Guardiola, has told Sky Sports News' chief news reporter, Bryan Swanson, that the forward remains "happy" at Liverpool and has no plans to leave in this summer's transfer window.
Suarez signed a long-term deal at Anfield last year and scored 30 goals in 44 appearances last season, but was also banned for 10 games for biting Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic.
The 26-year-old, who moved to Merseyside from Ajax in 2011, has previously expressed his frustration at perceived criticism from the English media.
His suspension for biting Ivanovic came 16 months after he received an eight-match ban after being found guilty of racially abusing Manchester United's Patrice Evra.

MarlboroMan

Vertrauen Sie mir
The agent of Liverpool star Luis Suarez claims the striker has no plans to leave Anfield this summer.
The forward was quoted as telling a Uruguayan radio station this week that it would be "very difficullt" to turn down Real Madrid, fuelling talk of his impending exit.
Bernabeu president Florentino Perez gave the story further credence when he admitted Suarez, along with Tottenham midfielder Gareth Bale, was on his radar.
But Suarez's agent, Pere Guardiola, has told Sky Sports News' chief news reporter Bryan Swanson that Suarez remains "happy" at Liverpool and has no plans to leave in this summer's transfer window.
Suarez signed a long-term deal at Anfield last year and scored 30 goals in 44 appearances last season, but was also banned for 10 games for biting Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic.

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/premierleague/story/luis-suarez-not-leaving-liverpool-in-summer-says-agent-053013

Can we close this thread now?

Mark33

TIA New Signing
LiVeRp0oL89 said:

Bit of a contrast?

The fact he hinted about family that he wants away from the press tells me that he is open to options. Madrid being his preferred but not only destination. If Madrid dont want him or does not fit, Europe is littered with big money clubs. I belive he is gone, hope I am wrong.

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
If we planning to close the thread, again Nik, how much strong is your jinxing?

Let's get it closed by someone who has a better track record for less re-opened threads. ;)

My bet is on Hope.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
MarlboroMan said:
The agent of Liverpool star Luis Suarez claims the striker has no plans to leave Anfield this summer.
The forward was quoted as telling a Uruguayan radio station this week that it would be "very difficullt" to turn down Real Madrid, fuelling talk of his impending exit.
Bernabeu president Florentino Perez gave the story further credence when he admitted Suarez, along with Tottenham midfielder Gareth Bale, was on his radar.
But Suarez's agent, Pere Guardiola, has told Sky Sports News' chief news reporter Bryan Swanson that Suarez remains "happy" at Liverpool and has no plans to leave in this summer's transfer window.

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/premierleague/story/luis-suarez-not-leaving-liverpool-in-summer-says-agent-053013

Can we close this thread now?
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jul/28/fernando-torres-liverpool-future

The picture in that story makes me shudder...what a horrible window, Danny Wilson was probably the best of them because at least he didn't prevent us from making others.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Arminius said:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jul/28/fernando-torres-liverpool-future

The picture in that story makes me shudder...what a horrible window, Danny Wilson was probably the best of them because at least he didn't prevent us from making others.
How much were we paying Jova again? Wasn't it found to be £120k p/w or something ridiculous? Gah!

In fairness to Roy (and being fair to Roy is something I hate to do), that one was set up by Rafa before he left. Still, awful signing.

i_still_miss_fowler

Open Your Eyes Morty!
Lucas said:
If he does go, due to the activities of January and this window, I have full confidence in our scouting group to spend wisely, unlike with Torres' sale.
I would not be so sure. Whilst Coutinho seemed to come out of the blue for fans, Rafa and Comolli have stated that Liverpool made bids for the player when Kenny was in charge. There was a long interest in him, which thankfully we followed up on with Rodgers.

Sturridge I dont feel is the product of great scouting more an educated gamble, with few other alternatives in January.

Full credit goes to actually buying these players at a good price. But I am not so sure we can have confidence in our new scouting yet.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Zinedine Biscan said:
How much were we paying Jova again? Wasn't it found to be £120k p/w or something ridiculous? Gah!

In fairness to Roy (and being fair to Roy is something I hate to do), that one was set up by Rafa before he left. Still, awful signing.
It was 65k, but with a signing bonus that over 2 years was about another 55k a week.

kwala

TIA Regular
Mrs.Coutinho said:
i think come september we will look back on this and have a good laugh and watch luis have another 25+ goal season :lol:
Well, personally, I am Laughing already!!

1 person starts a twitter rumour, then EVERY ITK and Journalist is running the same info. Next, 1 person tweets the exact opposite, then EVERY ITK and Journalist quickly does a 180 and states the exact opposite of the INSIDE info they claimed 20 minutes earlier!! The truth is that not one of the twitterazzi or Rag Journalists have a fucking clue!! They are competing for attention and that is all. It is sad.

Dhoff3

TIA Squad Member
I think he's reasonably happy here so he won't necessarily force his way out, he may leave but only for a very large sum. I personally don't believe the bit about the release clause. We'd need to take 55 million minimum. I'd be open to some players and 40 million though.

I hate this about Football, I don't know any other sport where you grow attached to a player who's on a multi year contract and he does an interview, cries like a baby, and the team is basically forced to sell him to the 4 or 5 rich teams in the world, often for less then he's worth. It makes you really appreciate the Gerrards and Carraghers. We'll cope if he goes. I'll be very disappointed.

lougehrig

TIA Youth Team
Anybody who says Suarez owes us another season and that he's happy here. Thats probably all true.

However, when it comes to his wife and daughter you can see that easily overiding anything else.

I mean if he's going to stay, why say all those things about it's been a hard season for his family. Won't that stir up then English press more?

Seems like he's saying yeah I love Liverpool, but these are the reasons I have to leave.

lougehrig

TIA Youth Team
Dhoff3 said:
I think he's reasonably happy here so he won't necessarily force his way out, he may leave but only for a very large sum. I personally don't believe the bit about the release clause. We'd need to take 55 million minimum. I'd be open to some players and 40 million though.

I hate this about Football, I don't know any other sport where you grow attached to a player who's on a multi year contract and he does an interview, cries like a baby, and the team is basically forced to sell him to the 4 or 5 rich teams in the world, often for less then he's worth. It makes you really appreciate the Gerrards and Carraghers. We'll cope if he goes. I'll be very disappointed.
It happens in American sports all the time. In baseball, hockey and basketball guys can refuse to sign contracts or extensions and whine and complain until they get traded where they want to. Players have the power and rightfully so. Without them, the football club has not power or wealth.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
lougehrig said:
Without them, the football club has not power or wealth.
Without the fans, the players won't have the wealth they are enjoying too... ever thought about that?

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
lfc.eddie said:
Without the fans, the players won't have the wealth they are enjoying too... ever thought about that?
What is the point Eddie? Fans can't own a player. Only clubs can.

Clubs need to be run without debt. We are currently having a debt of 87m. If we sell suarez for 50, we can reduce our debt. While we are at it, we can sell sturridge for 20 and Coutinho for 20 and other players for some amount and start working on the stadium expansion, so that more fans will come in tens of thousands to see our players like Downing, Assaidi, etc play.

You are having a losing debate here. Letting go of Suarez is the best decision that LFC can take this summer. lol.

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
showmethemoney said:
Oh the 4 flops of Anfield. Wasted millions of money and lot of time. Hope we never ever get into such a situation ever again in my lifetime. Just terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.