• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Luis Suárez (FW) to Real Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

ubermick

Willing to drive Lovren to the airport
Admin
Oh for fucks sake... people look for any stick. Any fucking stick.

The club aren't actively looking to offload Suarez. They're not. They player himself is the one who's in the media talking about this. The club aren't. Get it? The club aren't.

Now the notion that the club should play harball with Luis, reminding him that he's under contract, and a move isn't going to happen is fair enough. That's EXACTLY what should have happened with Torres.

And to be fair to the player himself, he's not pulling a Torres. He's not moaning about trophies, or broken promises, threatening to one day tell all the fans the ugly truth about his contract, and demanding a move to soothe his ego. He's talking about the effect that the media is having on his family. He doesn't want his daughter growing up reading stories about how her dad is some evil monster, and he doesn't want his wife receiving abuse. Now fair enough, he doesn't help himself. The shitstorm over Evra was starting to die down finally, and just when people were finally starting to look at him as a footballer instead of a panto villian, he goes and munches on Ivanovic. Stupid idiot, and he's back to being castigated again. But in his eyes, while what he did with Ivanovic was wrong and he accepted responsibility for it, he still feels he got stitched up in the whole Evra affair, and his subsequent ban reflected that.

Regardless of that, the club and most of the fans - myself included - don't want Luis going anywhere. And from the backtracking from his agent, that might be the case from Suarez as well. But if - IF - the player has a release clause in his contract, and if - IF - he comes into the manager's office and says "Look boss, I love it here, and realize I've cocked up along the way, but my family's on the receiving end of absuse and I'm not going to stand for that" then it puts us in a hard spot.

End of the day though, this is 100% coming from Luis. It's not the owners looking to asset strip, it's not the club trying to balance the books, it's not some evil plan for us to become a selling club in order to increase share dividends. But none of that will matter to the people who have a perennial axe to grind, and insist on believing the absolute worst of our club because it suits their own personal fucking agendas.

S

showmethemoney

ubermick said:

The club aren't actively looking to offload Suarez. They're not. They player himself is the one who's in the media talking about this. The club aren't. Get it? The club aren't.

Now the notion that the club should play harball with Luis, reminding him that he's under contract, and a move isn't going to happen is fair enough. That's EXACTLY what should have happened with Torres.

And to be fair to the player himself, he's not pulling a Torres. He's not moaning about trophies, or broken promises, threatening to one day tell all the fans the ugly truth about his contract, and demanding a move to soothe his ego. He's talking about the effect that the media is having on his family. He doesn't want his daughter growing up reading stories about how her dad is some evil monster, and he doesn't want his wife receiving abuse. Now fair enough, he doesn't help himself. The shitstorm over Evra was starting to die down finally, and just when people were finally starting to look at him as a footballer instead of a panto villian, he goes and munches on Ivanovic. Stupid idiot, and he's back to being castigated again. But in his eyes, while what he did with Ivanovic was wrong and he accepted responsibility for it, he still feels he got stitched up in the whole Evra affair, and his subsequent ban reflected that.

Regardless of that, the club and most of the fans - myself included - don't want Luis going anywhere. And from the backtracking from his agent, that might be the case from Suarez as well. But if - IF - the player has a release clause in his contract, and if - IF - he comes into the manager's office and says "Look boss, I love it here, and realize I've cocked up along the way, but my family's on the receiving end of absuse and I'm not going to stand for that" then it puts us in a hard spot.

End of the day though, this is 100% coming from Luis. It's not the owners looking to asset strip, it's not the club trying to balance the books, it's not some evil plan for us to become a selling club in order to increase share dividends. But none of that will matter to the people who have a perennial axe to grind, and insist on believing the absolute worst of our club because it suits their own personal fucking agendas.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2HBdRCroks​
lol

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
is it a coincidence that we are loosely linked with Luis Fernando Muriel!??!!?!? The combination of LUIS suarez and FERNANDO Torres!!! :lol:

ChicagoRed

Banned Users
ubermick said:

Why would certain people pass this golden opportunity up?

TFC

TIA Squad Member
lougehrig said:
It happens in American sports all the time. In baseball, hockey and basketball guys can refuse to sign contracts or extensions and whine and complain until they get traded where they want to. Players have the power and rightfully so. Without them, the football club has not power or wealth.
Yeah you seem to be a bit confused. Players refusing to sign a new contract or an extension is completely different than a player under a contract trying to force a move. That rarely happens.

S

showmethemoney

TFC said:
Yeah you seem to be a bit confused. Players refusing to sign a new contract or an extension is completely different than a player under a contract trying to force a move. That rarely happens.
Is right.

Which is why the club, I think it was Ian, recently said something along the lines off 'if Luis Suarez wants to leave, he would need to submit a transfer request, but I don't think that will happen."

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
ubermick said:
Oh oh. You are suddenly supporting the club a lot mate. You are going to get tagged as FSG supporting* agenda driven FSG PR jerk, primarily focused on trolling. ;)

* - i know the club and owners are different, but still you will get slated as FSG supporting even if you are supporting the club.

Dhoff3

TIA Squad Member
Refusing to sign a contract extension happens, sure, but I can't think of an occasion where an American sports player with years on his contract has gone public demanding a trade to a top team, as they do in Europe. Generally when a player asks to be traded, it's close to the end of his contract and the deadline is approaching so it's mutually beneficial. It's just really different in Europe regarding football. Also this happens generally mid season close to trade deadlines, and the team trading the big name is usually rebuilding, performing poorly and looking to cash in on draft picks and prospects, so it's kind of expected. For example, I'm a big Bruins fan, but I never go into the off season worrying that a big player is suddenly going to push for a move and set the team back. It's just frustrating when it seems like LFC constantly has a big player trying to leave and is taking one step forward and 2 back.

TFC

TIA Squad Member
Macca vs Marca.

Marca says Suarez wants to go, Macca says he wants to stay.

Which 'ITK' who is taking random shots in the dark will hit his target? Anyones guess.

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
TFC said:
Macca vs Marca.

Marca says Suarez wants to go, Macca says he wants to stay.

Which 'ITK' who is taking random shots in the dark will hit his target? Anyones guess.
All Twitter Liverpool ITK's say Suarez stays at least for one more season. Damn me if I know...

TFC

TIA Squad Member
Nikola13 said:
All Twitter Liverpool ITK's say Suarez stays at least for one more season. Damn me if I know...
C'mon Nikola, we all know the truth. All that you need to know when seeing if a rumor is true or not, is to look at who started the thread. ;)

Your jinx is working in our favor for once.

lougehrig

TIA Youth Team
lfc.eddie said:
Without the fans, the players won't have the wealth they are enjoying too... ever thought about that?
Yeah, thats why the fans decide where the players play. Right, makes perfect sense. So if all the Liverpool fans in the world unit and pray really, really hard all at the same time then we could end up with Messi or Ronaldo huh? Who knew it was so easy?

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
lougehrig said:
Yeah, thats why the fans decide where the players play. Right, makes perfect sense. So if all the Liverpool fans in the world unit and pray really, really hard all at the same time then we could end up with Messi or Ronaldo huh? Who knew it was so easy?
Yeah, it only happens when someone comes in once awhile when the window open and start talking shite.... that's how everything happens.

lougehrig

TIA Youth Team
RMP said:
If Real are willing to spend 60m on Bale and he stays then I'd be disappointed if Suarez goes for 40m
Could be the best case scenario (for our Champion's League hopes). Bale leaves and Suarez stays. Even if Spurs get Hulk, there's not way they can replace Bale.

It's kind of unfair to have ZZ flying in to broker the deal. Who can say no to him?

lfc.eddie said:
Yeah, it only happens when someone comes in once awhile when the window open and start talking shite.... that's how everything happens.
Who gives a shite how and when I post? You don't own this forum clown. Just because you have no life and post 19,000 times doesn't make what you say more important that what I say.

From what I've seen you add very little to the rumors section other than little clever comments that nobody else finds funny. No interesting analysis or technical content. Just criticism of intelligent posters. You don't like what I have to say then keep it to yourself.

RMP

TIA First Team
lougehrig said:
Could be the best case scenario (for our Champion's League hopes). Bale leaves and Suarez stays. Even if Spurs get Hulk, there's not way they can replace Bale.

It's kind of unfair to have ZZ flying in to broker the deal. Who can say no to him?

Who gives a shite how and when I post? You don't own this forum clown. Just because you have no life and post 19,000 times doesn't make what you say more important that what I say.
I think Steven Gerrard did about 4 or 5 years ago

I think the Bale situation plays well into our hand. If they get Bale its likely that we will keep Suarez but if Bale stays Madrid have already shown the money that they're willing to spend.

Never Say Never

FSG are the iluminati
ubermick said:

I think that's about right. I don't think Suarez would push for the move, but I certainly don't think he'd be opposed to it either. The statements coming from his agent, in my eyes, are an attempt to not burn any bridges. I really believe he'd prefer to play in madrid, challenging for the champions league and titles, as he's an uber competitive guy, but I also think he's very happy here.

ubermick

Willing to drive Lovren to the airport
Admin
The Elusive 19th said:
Oh oh. You are suddenly supporting the club a lot mate. You are going to get tagged as FSG supporting* agenda driven FSG PR jerk, primarily focused on trolling. ;)
Eh? I've always supported the club. I've asked questions of them where I've felt questions needed to be asked. Sometimes I was right to ask those questions, sometimes people more knowledgable than myself pointed out my mistakes. (There were many. There still are.) The only agenda I have is seeing us do well, which is something I think the majority on here do. There are some though, who incessantly look for the negatives - and only the negatives, mind - and it does my fucking head in.

The Elusive 19th said:
i know the club and owners are different, but still you will get slated as FSG supporting even if you are supporting the club.
Ahh, but the problem there is that this is just an internet forum, and I really don't give a fuck what a gang of random people who I've never met nor will likely ever meet slate me or not.

That said, those accusations are hurtful to me, and I'm tired of them. And if an offer from a Real Madrid forum came in, I'd find it hard to say no...

S

showmethemoney

ubermick said:
That said, those accusations are hurtful to me, and I'm tired of them. And if an offer from a Real Madrid forum came in, I'd find it hard to say no...
LOL

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Dhoff3 said:
Refusing to sign a contract extension happens, sure, but I can't think of an occasion where an American sports player with years on his contract has gone public demanding a trade to a top team, as they do in Europe. Generally when a player asks to be traded, it's close to the end of his contract and the deadline is approaching so it's mutually beneficial. It's just really different in Europe regarding football. Also this happens generally mid season close to trade deadlines, and the team trading the big name is usually rebuilding, performing poorly and looking to cash in on draft picks and prospects, so it's kind of expected. For example, I'm a big Bruins fan, but I never go into the off season worrying that a big player is suddenly going to push for a move and set the team back. It's just frustrating when it seems like LFC constantly has a big player trying to leave and is taking one step forward and 2 back.
It happens, but not as a matter of course. Players I can think of off the top of my head in the NFL who have held out to force a trade or a new contract, as opposed to a draftee holdout - Darrell Revis, Sean Gilbert, Eric Dickerson, Emmitt Smith. Still, I am going back to the 90's for some of those. Players get fined heavily for talking about where they would prefer to be, teams get absolutely hammered for it.

lougehrig

TIA Youth Team
ubermick said:
Ahh, but the problem there is that this is just an internet forum, and I really don't give a fuck what a gang of random people who I've never met nor will likely ever meet slate me or not.
I agree. Seems like the same few poster sharing the same basement or the same poster with multiple accounts) with some kind of TIA agenda. Pretty lame.

True LFC fans support each other for the love of the shirt and are open to many different opinions of how we're going to get back to to being the best club in the world. You don't need to post 19,000 times to prove that.

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
lougehrig said:
I agree. Seems like the same few poster sharing the same basement or the same poster with multiple accounts) with some kind of TIA agenda. Pretty lame.

True LFC fans support each other for the love of the shirt and are open to many different opinions of how we're going to get back to to being the best club in the world. You don't need to post 19,000 times to prove that.
Who the hell is that. I see that Eddie is 165 short. So i think that's your imagination or a round off? :)

lougehrig

TIA Youth Team
The Elusive 19th said:
Who the hell is that. I see that Eddie is 165 short. So i think that's your imagination or a round off? :)
Definitely my imagination. Silly season!

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
Luis Suarez's Real Madrid move edges closer as Liverpool eye Spain starlet Alvaro Morata as makeweight

by David Maddock

Liverpool ready to listen to offers for Uruguay frontman as they line up transfer targets starting with Sunderland 'keeper Simon Mignolet

Luis Suarez will get his wish to join Real Madrid – but only if the Spanish giants sweeten the deal with one of their most promising youngsters.

Liverpool are now ready to listen to offers for their wantaway striker, but have made clear they will not budge a penny below the £40million clause built into the Uruguayan’s contract that triggers a transfer.

Madrid have consistently ­maintained they will not go to that figure for a player who cost the Reds £24m a little over two seasons ago.

Now the Anfield club are ready to offer an intriguing compromise after Suarez again made clear his desire to leave this weekend when he said the Premier League side HAVE to listen to his demands.

Suarez once again heaped praise on Real Madrid to help engineer his move from Anfield to Bernabeu.

In interviews with Spanish newspapers, the controversial forward reiterated his love for the Spanish giants and talked about his life in England.

Asked what he would bring to Real Madrid, Suarez declared: “I would give my soul every time I step on the pitch. I have done this with Uruguay, Ajax and Liverpool.

“It disturbs me that Liverpool are not in the Champions League and fighting for the Premier League which is where they should be.”

Talking about his desire to leave Liverpool for Madrid, Suarez also said:

“The word of the player is important – if you need a change, you should listen to the player. If I want to sign for another club, Liverpool have to hear the offer. All I ask is for respect for all the things that have been said.”

With the player making his desire to leave so obvious, Liverpool have little option to now get the best deal they can for an unsettled player who has a history of troublemaking to get his way... he once went on strike to engineer a move to Ajax.

And they have identified the top scorer at this summer’s European Under-21 ­Championship Alvaro Morata as a possible makeweight in any deal to ensure they get the full value for the player.

Morata has been one of the stars of the tournament, his four goals steering Spain to a final showdown with Italy, and confirming his huge talent that has already seen him make 18 appearances for Real Madrid at the tender age of 20.

And crucially, he has already bluntly stated he will be forced to leave the Bernabeu this summer if they sign ANY more strikers to block his path to the first team... and with both Suarez and Edinson Cavani on their shopping list, that is virtually certain.

Speaking before his goal in the Euro semis steered Spain into the final, he said: “If another striker is brought in, I will have to think about what’s best for me and consider leaving. If I go, I would prefer a move abroad.”

Intriguingly, Liverpool MD Ian Ayre was due to jet out to Brazil this weekend for a business trip that would undoubtedly have included showdown talks with Suarez, who is in the country representing Uruguay in the Confederations Cup, where they played Spain last night.

But he has cancelled the journey to spend the week at Anfield where he is expected to conclude a flurry of deals over the coming week... and begin the arduous process of negotiating with Madrid.

Given Suarez’s latest comments, there was little point in Ayre jetting out to speak to him, and instead he will negotiate with Sunderland over their highly regarded keeper Simon Mignolet.

Liverpool entered talks over the player last night, with an opening offer of around £7m for the Belgian international, while the Black Cats are understood to be sticking at their valuation of £10m.

With Pepe Reina likely to confirm his move to Barcelona for a similar fee within the next week, Ayre will press through talks to land his replacement, with a compromise figure of around £9m expected.

He will also open negotiations today with Shaktar Donetsk for their talented midfield playmaker Henrikh Mkhitaryan, for a fee of around £20m for the Armenian international who has attracted the interest of all Europe’s top clubs.

He is Liverpool’s number one target and the club is determined to beat the likes of Juventus and Chelsea to his signature, explaining Ayre’s presence in England.

The Anfield club are also likely to confirm deals for promising Spanish pair Iago Aspas of Celta Vigo, and Sevilla’s Luis Alberto.

The £6m deal for Aspas is already agreed, and the hitch over paperwork after a complaint from the player’s original agent is likely to be sorted within the next few days.

And Liverpool reached an agreement with Sevilla to buy 20-year-old Alberto at the weekend, with the fee again thought to be around the £6m mark, and he will sign a four-year contract later this week.

That will bring Liverpool’s spending to an impressive £42m in the space of a few days, and they will begin the process of recouping that figure with confirmation of Andy Carroll’s move to West Ham for £15m, and the start of talks with Madrid for Suarez.

Luis Suarez Q&A with El Pas:

Are you afraid of the chance to play for Real Madrid?

No, I have never felt pressure, but obviously that doesn’t mean I’m going. I am a Liverpool player.

What would a player like you give to a team like Real Madrid?

I’d give my soul in every match as I do every time I set foot on the pitch, be that for Uruguay, Ajax or Liverpool. I never hold anything back.

Do you have an agreement with Real Madrid?

No, I have a contract with ­Liverpool.

Would you like to have an ­agreement with Real Madrid?

A player always aspires to the top, and Madrid are always one of the highest ambitions for any footballer. Every player would love to get to the absolute top and Real Madrid is it. But, do you know what it is like to represent Liverpool?

Fernando Torres said that you have to set foot on the Anfield turf to understand.

It makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck to think about it... It is a big club on a global level, but we didn’t qualify for the Champions League nor did we fight for the Premier League, which is where the club has to be. And the club knows that I have suffered and struggled with what I have had in the Press.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfer-news-luis-suarezs-1956957

Status
Not open for further replies.