Mamadou Sakho (CB) Crystal Palace

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by kipland007, Aug 24, 2016.

1. RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke Wind-Down Merchant

Maybe I'm still talking about our bench :tongue:

And who knows if spurs are able to keep both of them?

2. okocha10

okocha10 Football Master

I would swap him for Sissoko or Rose.

3. Hope in your heart

Hope in your heart Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts... Admin

One injury to one of them, and yes. That's how you build strength in depth.

4. ILLOK

ILLOK In the Danger Zone.

Rose definitely.

Sissoko would be a woeful idea. Average player and there is no place for a player like that here.

5. Mascot88

Mascot88 Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders Admin

I get that, but the lad didn't seem to think he should wait for his turn here. He sees himself as first choice.

6. Poor Scouser Tommy

Poor Scouser Tommy Sweet as a nut.

I've been told this rumour is utterly spurious.

I'll show myself to the door.

7. T.C.B

T.C.B Well-Known Member

Sell to anybody offering 30M. Let him worry about making himself 1st choice. He will spend at least half the season injured anyway.

lfc.eddie likes this.
  8. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

3 CBs? he can play alongside?

Anfield rd Dreamer likes this.
  9. hoosierred

hoosierred Well-Known Member Valued Member

He really was at his best for us in a back three...

10. MarkMcC

MarkMcC TIA Squad Member

Does seem to be the trend

Anfield rd Dreamer likes this.
  11. redbj

redbj hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road

Isnt that just intrinsictly a good thing...unless of course you are Winston Bogarde.....

redfanman, kenno91 and Klopptinho like this.
  12. Klopptinho

Klopptinho Well-Known Member

or bendtner .

13. kenno91

kenno91 TIA New Signing

Wouldn't sell to spurs. We don't need to strengthen there squad we need to strengthen ours.

If no other offers from premier league mid tabled teams then sell him abroad

14. Klopptinho

spurs are skint . kyle walker be gone soon though and danny rose .. lloris to psg ... kane to the scum.. alli to baba .

15. Kopstar

Kopstar ★★★★★ Valued Member

We're not strengthening them though - we'd be selling them a problem they don't need to fix a weakness they don't have...for £30m!! This is a guy we'd rather play in our U23s than instead of Lucas.

It would be a great bit of business.

16. Scott Jones

Scott Jones Well-Known Member

I do have this irritating feeling he just might be very good once bought and settled, it is more likely you're correct but sods law and all that.

spizfromoz likes this.
  17. Klopptinho

if we are on about sakho then i believe we saw how effective he is at crystal palace . hes a jamie carragher type of defender . not got the same professional attitude when not picked though .

18. RMP

RMP TIA First Team

I think you are getting ahead of yourself here Kopstar. Sakho wasn't dropped out of the squad because of his perfomances. He's been great on the field for us and he was a vital cog in keeping Palace in the league.

I wouldn't sell Sakho to one of our rivals for so cheap. Is Sakho really half the player of van dijk?

I know the circumstances are different but there is a real chance that you are strengthening a rival here.

schmee, kenno91, RaoulDuke and 3 others like this.
  19. RedSeven

RedSeven On the one road Valued Member

I'd up the price a little and if they are still interested then go for it.He hasn't played like a 30+ mp defender for us and there is nothing to suggest that will change if he was to be brought back in

20. hugo the horrible

hugo the horrible Ridiculously optimistic.

Please make it happen,though anywhere will do!

21. Lostmyfunk 3421

Lostmyfunk 3421 Standing on the verge of getting it on

He isn't going for 30 million. Spurs wouldn't spend that. We all know how they operate. We'll see him gone for about half that I reckon. I'd still take it. Otherwise it just lingers on. 15/20million plus the Frenchman for Bertrand or 30 plus Sakho for VVD. Or what about Monaco..try our luck for anyone of their stars

22. Kopstar

You've misunderstood me. I rate Sakho as a player...I'm a big fan of his as a defender and championed his signing from day one. I think he's quality. If anything, that he's a high quality player speaks to how seriously the other factors count against him that Klopp was not prepared to have him among the senior group of players and was prepared to play Klavan and Lucas ahead of him...two massively inferior players.

He's not the player van Dijk is but then not many have VVD's attributes. I would probably put him on a par with Vertonghen (different styles but they are an equivalent level, imo). Given that it is Vertonghen he is directly up against how would Sakho getting in ahead of him improve Spurs? Apart from providing injury cover it simply wouldn't provide them with much marginal gain compared with how they were this past season, for example. They would also inherit the other aspects that successive managers have found so disruptive - for a team that looks like it is building a good harmony that is potentially disruptive to the extent that youthful enthusiasm can easily become a more unprofessional environment.

It's possible that Sakho has matured and that the way he's been handled over the last 12 months has contributed to that...it's possible. I just think that the likelihood is that we would be getting a sizeable contribution towards the VVD fee whereas Spurs would be taking on a player that has a history of being unprofessional to the extent it becomes disruptive. I say this as someone who loves Sakho as a person and loves all his passion. Someone who I would love to hang out with - he'd be a laugh, I'm sure. But would I want to work with him, day in day out? Would I want to have to rely on him? No.

Etipafilaf, RMP and redfanman like this.
  23. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

If Spurs are shifting to a permanent 3 at the back then he has a starting spot?

24. Kopstar

Possibly - but that would mean playing Vertonghen in the middle rather than either Alderweireld or Dier. I'm just not sure that would be as effective. If it is as a straight replacement for Vertonghen in that left-sided position in the 3 then I don't think he would give Spurs much more (if anything) than Vertonghen gives them.

I'm not sure how regularly Spurs deployed a back three either although it may be something they look at more often playing at Wembley.

redfanman likes this.
  25. kotsebotse

kotsebotse TIA New Signing

No, please don't sell Sakho to Spurs, he'll be great for their squad.
    Vertonghen often picks niggles and injuries and when he (or Toby) was absent, their defensive performances suffered. Sakho will be just perfect for them and will solve that problem for them, he'll replace Wimmer in their squad and even if he's not considered a starter, with rotation/injuries/suspensions he'll be a high-quality option and I reckon will get 30+ games in all comps easily.
    We'll be significantly strengthening a rival if we did that and unless they agree to give us a player that we want in exchange, I wouldn't sell Mama to them.

schmee and Anfield rd Dreamer like this.
  26. Limiescouse

Limiescouse Well-Known Member

Aye, he's responded admirably to being back up in the past. No problem there at all. He is a better player than Wimmer, but that doesnt mean he is a good choice for Spurs.

27. Prolix

Prolix Long Time Nemesis™

Shhh!

28. Red Armada

Red Armada TIA Regular

It doesn't mean that he isn't either. I'd rather we didn't find out.

ILLOK, RMP, treboeth and 3 others like this.
  29. Alex

Alex since 2004

If i was the backup of skertl and lovren i'd be pissed off too.

And i'm not even a footballer

ILLOK, redbj, ubermick and 2 others like this.
  30. Klopptinho

we don't require a fox in the box at the wrong end of the pitch . that would just be tempting fate a little too much.