• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Man Utd v Liverpool ( EPL 24/02 1405 ko)

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad
I brought you a convincing win last time (although I can't compare to our magnificent nobluff) and there's no reason we can't get another 3 points. This is more than a banana skin, its a game where we can easily drop points. A truly massive game, if we can manage a win here then I feel that's a real statement for the rest of the season. United have been banging the goals in, (something like 3.4 per game v 1.5 for LFC this year) scoring at more than double the rate of LFC this year, so it's great that the Big Man is able to return.

The team I want to see is:

..................Becker..................
Trent...Matip....Van Dijk.....Robertson
...............Henderson. .....................
......Fabinho. .........Wijnaldum......
Salah........Firmino. ...............Mane

Away win 1-2.

Last edited:

MW2833

I brought you a convincing win last time (Bournemouth) and there's no reason we can't get another 3 points. This is more than a banana skin, its a game where we can easily drop points. A truly massive game, if we can manage a win here then I feel that's a real statement for the rest of the season. United have banging the goals in, scoring at more than double the rate of LFC this year, so it's great that the Big Man is able to return.

Team I want to see is:

..........Becker..................
Trent...Lovren...Van Dijk.....Robertson
...................Henderson. .....................
........Fabinho. .........Wijnaldum......
Salah............Firmino. ...............Mane

Away win 1-2.
Klopp said Lovren is a major doubt for the game. I don't think he will be able to make it so my line-up would be:

--------Becker--------
Trent--Matip--VVD--Robertson
----------Fabinho---------
------Keita------Wijnaldum-----
Salah-------Firmino-------Mane

Wijnaldum to play the attacking role he did against Bournemouth, but to also drop back a bit more.

0-3: Keita and Salah x2

santana

man utd is very slow team !
pick this
Alisson
TAA VVD Matip Robertson
Fabinho Gini Keita
Salah Firmino Mane
and in min 70
hendo and milner on
gini and keita off !

Incognito

The Normal One
Lovren is out for this one, it'll be Matip again at CB.
Alisson - Trent, Matip, VVD, Andy - Fab, Keita, Gini - Mo Bobby Sadio

Only two areas where Klopp may change could be one of the midfielder, Hendo made a very strong case after that performance to start. And Milly is well rested so that could be one area where we cannot be sure. Another is playing Fab as CB, but have a feeling Klopp may not opt for that if Matip is fit.

Just win this; deflections, own goal, wrong call don't mind at all - any win would be such vital in this race.

Noo Noo

If there is a game that I really want to win this season it is this one.

I want to give them a hiding, a football lesson, embarrass them.

Normally I'm kind of easy on these things but not this time. My calm exterior is hiding a boiling mess of determined fury.

Alright Now

If there is a game that I really want to win this season it is this one.

I want to give them a hiding, a football lesson, embarrass them.

Normally I'm kind of easy on these things but not this time. My calm exterior is hiding a boiling mess of determined fury.
Hmm. Have you started any pre-match threads? You have potential, I think.

Alright Now

Lovren is out for this one, it'll be Matip again at CB.
Alisson - Trent, Matip, VVD, Andy - Fab, Keita, Gini - Mo Bobby Sadio

Only two areas where Klopp may change could be one of the midfielder, Hendo made a very strong case after that performance to start. And Milly is well rested so that could be one area where we cannot be sure. Another is playing Fab as CB, but have a feeling Klopp may not opt for that if Matip is fit.

Just win this; deflections, own goal, wrong call don't mind at all - any win would be such vital in this race.
Been wondering also if Jurgen would go Fabi Hendo and Gini. But I can’t decide if that’s a 4-3-3 he would like. Nice problem to have nonetheless.

MW2833

I think it's between Keita Hendo and Gini for 2 midfield spots really.
Hendo and Gini imo are not naturally attacking enough (compared to Keita).

Can see Milner getting the nod over Trent.
If Martial recovers or Rashford plays on the left, then I would want to keep Trent, as he can deal with their pace.
If Sanchez is at RW, I would play Milner.

We have struggled against United in the past, mainly due to their defensive approach under Mourinho. However, with OGS and their new attack-minded game, I think this will be a better game for us.

Gone Kloppo

Formerly known as Ʒan
The only thing i can guarantee is the first thing the Mancs will sing is the Gerrard parody song maybe in the first 25 seconds after ko. The City, Chelsea and United fans really are a class below everyone else.

As for the team, TAA will not start. I was expecting him to play only one of Bayern or United. And United he has struggled against.

AB
Milly Matip VVD Robbo
Fab
Hendo Gini
Mane Bobby Salah

We'll want to play a tight midfield so I think this is how we'll line up.

Expecting a Milly penalty;-).

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
Biggest call is 3 from 5 in midfield. I would go with Fabinho, Gini and Keita, but Hendo was excellent against Bayern. Milner will only play if picked at RB, I think.
Massive game, very tight. But Utd will come out to play and we can hurt them.

Joe Gomez x

My heart could not take waiting until the 95th minute!!

Come out flying, two goals 5 minutes apart, and lock it down. And then Salah can score a pen in the 95th minute to drive the Mancs mad. :well done:
Would be the ideal scenario but if I was to be told before hand I would choose this, maybe a soft pen aswell so I can go on Instagram and laugh at the ‘Salah diving’ comments lol

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
We never perform here.
The one thing keeping me going is when going for titles in 08/09 and 13/14 we smashed them - otherwise we haven’t really done anything here.
I can’t call it.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Well, with some reservations about the thread starter, I guess we should get this going. We need to get back into our December form, might need to rest nobluff, so we will try this rotation thing.
As long as you keep that German fella away from starting pre-match thread, we should be fine.

These pricks are in pretty good form domestically. They have bounced back from losing to PSG in Champs League. They will be thinking they are still in the race now.

Quick flanks, crosses from byline or near final 3rd into the box and try to sucker punch us. That’s their game plan. Worked well against Spurs and Chelsea so far. Their weakness is being pressed when in possession.

We just need to be sharper in our passes and more clinical in our finishing. That’s all it should take for us to come good against these pricks.

Redopium

If no more niggles Becker, Trent, Matip, VVD, Robertson, Gini, Fabinho, Hendo, Salah, Firmono, Mane, Keita gives possession away too much for me to be a starter in such a massive game, still the toughest game of the season IMO and their fans will in full voice trying to upset our chance for the title, it really is a must win but a draw would be OK.

santana

man utd will attack you because of his fan but man utd is slow team so your midfield must be ( fabinho - ketia - gini ) as simple as that !

Red Eyes

Lawro is going 1-1, so we now know that is unlikely to be the score.

I’m going 1-3.......on this occasion I am sure everyone will agree 1-3 is better than 0-0.

They have a couple of big game players in Pogba and Rashford who will be tricky, but overall I wouldn’t swap our goalie, defence, midfield or front line for theirs.

When they came up against quality opposition PSG, they folded. .....think the same will happen on Sunday.

Quieten the crowd early, and the three points are there for the taking.