• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Match Topic: Sunderland (a) 15.09.12

Status
Not open for further replies.

basil1492

TIA Squad Member
Finally back to a game, hate international week. Seems Suso is in the squad and hopefully gets a few minutes. Don't really care what team we put out as long as we win. Hopefully we'll see Stevie play like he did for England though and i wouldn't mind seeing a youngster in the middle of our attack.

lukas

In search and wait mode
After a massive victory for the club this week I really hope we can get our first victory of the season today, and my oh my I think we really need it.

I always hate playing MON teams. There stubborn, compact and know how to work the ball and at the right moments of the game.

I hope Raheem keeps his place but conversly I wouldnt mind if he was on the bench but one who just has to sit out IMO Borini. He aint earned a postion as of yet and has largely been disapointing, but who goes wide right, where he has been played mostly i dont know.

Sahin didnt impress last game, but thats nothing to worry bout. His star will shine once hes used to the tempo and atheleicsim of the PL.

I aint one to predict a score line, but I can smell a draw

redbill

TIA Squad Member
What a week! Let's hope our lads will be up for it on the pitch. I guess the trick will be to dictate tempo and patience at the final third. Less of that blood and thunder Stevie.

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
Not sure about this game, hope Barnstormer is wrong though.Time to add some points!

selman79

TIA Youth Team
Really hopes Suso gets some mins , plays a blinder an takes some pressure of sterling. Sunderland will give our fulls backs troubles. Almost be tempted to play Kelly / enrique.

Talking of full backs - really Hoping Robinson gets his form back. Enrique is there for the taking with rogers liking attacking full backs. The boy has the talent but not over his injury - so alittle disappointed its not Robinson and sterling hitting the wonder boy headlines...

Bleech

TIA Reserve Team
I skived off work to watch this match so we better bloody win!

Upstate_Chad

TIA Youth Team
Has anyone seen pictures of training this week? I know that most were on international duty, but you would think there would be some images from Thursday or Friday at least. You think BR is trying to keep green bib theory out of the news?

costared

TIA Reserve Team
Surely Assaidi will be involved sometime. He was due to play for the U21's last night but didn't.

nimitzz

TIA Reserve Team
i think the storm is behind us now.... fingers crossed! and hope or the best

After the absolute shambles at the end of the transfer window and us not being able to bring in another forward I have pretty much given up hope of us finishing 4th place. I have no clue how all these people at the top were as naive as to think we did not need any more reinforcements up front when that was exactly the reason why we struggled last season.

Anyway I'm fully expecting us to lose or draw this. Just hope Suso gets a chance.

Maria

SUPER Champions of Europe VI
Ad-free Member
I am hoping for a draw, fingers crossed ( a win would be lucky) ! It is going to be a very emotional game today.

tamir_m

TIA Reserve Team
I've heard that Susu travelled, any credible twitter posts regarding the lineup ?

snape

TIA Youth Team
How badly do we need a win? and for his sake, i hope borini scores.

Gaz L10

TIA New Signing
Welcome back! Missed my daily fix of reading the opinions in the forums.So really glad were back up and running and deciced gunna start posting more myself!
We really need 3 points today but realisticly would take take a point! After such an emotional week lets hope the team can give everyone a good performance and get 3 points.

JFT96 YNWA

Doggie

Resident Optimist
Good call, there's nothing like a win to make all the doubters and theorists shut up lol

Upstate_Chad

TIA Youth Team
Sunderland is a quality squad. We have to get 1 point. 3 would be nice, but I don't want to underestimate our opponent. I think Sunderland will challenge for Europa this season.

AnfieldCat

TIA Squad Member
Just saw the predictions on Final Score from all the pundits for this match and no-one has tipped us to win, so c'mon lets show the doubters! Lets show droopy Lawro!! C'MON LIVERPOOL, its got to click at some point, right?

costared

TIA Reserve Team
Lawro is such a miserable so and so, rarely has a good word to say for LFC.

AnfieldCat

TIA Squad Member
Lawro is such a miserable so and so, rarely has a good word to say for LFC.
I cannot stand him, hes a blatant Man U fan! He sits cracking jokes on Football Focus that nobody laughs at and hes just a miserable droopy sloth!

The team apparently:
Reina, Kelly, Skrtel, Agger, Johnson, Allen, Shelvey, Gerrard, Suarez, Sterling, Borini.

Suso and Assaidi on the bench.

lukas

In search and wait mode
LFC News‏@LiverpooIFCNews
Liverpool team v Sunderland: Reina; Kelly Skrtel Agger Johnson; Allen Shelvey Gerrard; Sterling Suarez Borini. #LFC

Status
Not open for further replies.