• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Match Topic: Sunderland (a) 15.09.12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doggie

Resident Optimist
Played some lovely football, if we keep that up the results will come.

BrianLfc10

TIA New Signing
Should of won this game easily.

Shelvey was poor IMO and wasted so many opportunities.
Why Sahin and Assaidi was still on the bench at the end is beyond me.

malik79

TIA Reserve Team
no urgency in the last three added minutes. How many times did they pass the ball back to Reina. Disgusted.

Clinical forward again the difference. Our naivety in the transfer market is again going to cost us in excess of 30 points this season.

tamir_m

TIA Reserve Team
fuck it...we were better...2nd half was a real improvement and drive from everyone but still not near our desired level

Bleech

TIA Reserve Team
We probably should have won but I'm not pessimistic - I'd have been satisfied with this result had it not been for our league standing. We have had a stupidly difficult opening bunch of games this season. Our previous managers would have made this very clear. We played very well today. After that ****ing Man Utd game is out the way we should hopefully begin to settle - then we can really judge them.

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
Played some lovely football, if we keep that up the results will come.
Not if we don't score goals

Suarez is the only one we have who looks half capable there and he's hit and miss

We weren't terrible but we don't win games and it's fairly obvious why that is. Idiotic handling of our summer recruitment is partly to blame along with mentality

Sterling was excellent. Downing I don't know why he bothered getting out of bed. Our of the CHAD he should have been dumped first yet he's the only one still getting match time. Fcuks me off

AnfieldCat

TIA Squad Member
I'm cacking it for the Man U match and usually I'm slightly over confident for that fixture.

jayrrardno8

TIA Reserve Team
wish Liverpool managers would just listen to fans occasionaly Glen Johnson wide right or left whats it going to take?

Doggie

Resident Optimist
Absolutely....you don't bring on another fullback if you want to win the game.
lmao lol

I honestly think Johnson should move to midfield and Downing to left back, but we've been saying that for years.

Gerrard was poor today - but thought he might be after the internationals.

Suarez and Sterling were ace, must be a nightmare to play against lol

BrianLfc10

TIA New Signing
lmao lol

I honestly think Johnson should move to midfield and Downing to left back, but we've been saying that for years.

Gerrard was poor today - but thought he might be after the internationals.

Suarez and Sterling were ace, must be a nightmare to play against lol
Personally thought Gerrard did well today. Not brilliant but still better than he has been recently.

Suarez was bad the first half, as was Sterling. Well, not bad. More annonymous. But they both were exceptional in the second half.

I thought Shelvey was our worst player though.

To be honest this is probably our strongest starting XI:

Reina​
Kelly Skrtel Agger Enrique​
Gerrard Allen Sahin​
Johnson Suarez Sterling​

Doggie

Resident Optimist
Clinical forward again the difference. Our naivety in the transfer market is again going to cost us in excess of 30 points this season.
Maybe we can do an Arsenal and get the opposition to score three goals for us lol

Personally thought Gerrard did well today. Not brilliant but still better than he has been recently.

Suarez was bad the first half, as was Sterling. Well, not bad. More annonymous. But they both were exceptional in the second half.

Shelvey was probably better than Gerrard.

Doggie

Resident Optimist

Shelvey was frustrating - some excellent passing play, but also really wasteful. Went missing in the second half.

alaskared

Kloppite
post game
http://forums.thisisanfield.com/index.php?/topic/14815-sunderland-1-liverpool-1-post-game-talk/

Red Armada

TIA Regular
Not good enough.

In terms of how Rodgers wants us to play, that was abysmal. It will take a monumental effort to get these players to play his way.

The only real positive was Sterling and the fact that we showed some heart after going a goal down. That's about it.

Dsande

TIA Reserve Team
A pure sense of logic would mean being able to find the easiest short cut to a definitive and satisfying conclusion.

In the case of Liverpool today we needed a goal or two after dominating almost the entire second half (which is good to see) and pure sense of logic dictated we create enough goal scoring opportunities.

We did create goal scoring opportunities alright, but not to the extent that was in par with the amount of possesion we exhibited during the second half of the game.

Solution? I'd suggest that was the reason Downing was brought into the game. But to switch Sterling back to the left after he had created enough of a foundation on the right wing (that eventually led to that cross he made that led to a goal) doesn't look like a simple shortcut but rather a complicated route that could have been easily avoided in trying to come up with a simple goal scoring problem.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
We probably should have won but I'm not pessimistic - I'd have been satisfied with this result had it not been for our league standing. We have had a stupidly difficult opening bunch of games this season. Our previous managers would have made this very clear. We played very well today. After that ****ing Man Utd game is out the way we should hopefully begin to settle - then we can really judge them.
This, we looked better in the second half, Im going avoid this during the match it brings my optimism down

norwegian wood

TIA Regular
First half was decent, but nothing more. We looked stressed after they got the goal, but it looked like Rodgers used the half time break well. Really picked ourselves up in the second half after going a goal behind, which is a feature we've lacked the last few years. We didn't get stressed, and kept playing it calmly and with purpose. Good to see. Pity we didn't get the win, but all in all I'm very encouraged by the performance.

How about that Raheem Sterling, eh. Really like his courage with the ball, but most of all his composure and intelligence. Gets his head up, makes clever little runs, doesn't try to force anything. Did just about everything right in the second half. Lovely to watch.

Also, great to see Luis get a goal. Love it when he shuts up the haters.

Status
Not open for further replies.