• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Match Topic: Sunderland (a) 15.09.12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony

huh... same story... again....

how come other teams score against us so easy... but we put so much effort and not even do anything in the final 3rd? Baffling... There is something that needs to be done... a small tweak to our system.. not sure what it is.. hopefully BR finds out before its too late for him and for the club..
I think its a culture thing..........winning mentality or lack thereof

AnfieldCat

TIA Squad Member
Stan Collymore had a very, very dramatic reaction to that Luis Suarez incident, was it a bad dive? He said it should have been a red!

ptt

2020, head of the table.
He shames our club. Sorry but that is and remains my humble opinion.

NZred

The Red From NZ
How in the mother fkc is that a freekick? If anything it should be ours!

malik79

TIA Reserve Team
3rd week and we are at the bottom of the table. Can't beat that stat ever!

kwala

TIA Regular
Just how many times has Gerrard given the ball away? He should be screaming at himself.

basil1492

TIA Squad Member
At least Glen is playing well, cant say that for many of the team just now, really can't see us scoring from open play but can't say the same about them

malik79

TIA Reserve Team
Rodgers expression on the side line looks like a man who is wondering what he got himself into.

tamir_m

TIA Reserve Team
we are the worlds best at dominating a game and then conceding a shameful goal.

that goal was ridicules...he was lucky to go past 2 players, and the marking of Fletcher was aweful

NZred

The Red From NZ
At least Glen is playing well, cant say that for many of the team just now, really can't see us scoring from open play but can't say the same about them
Lets be honest, any team that puts us under even the most remote of pressure is going to get a chance from a Reina howler or a Skittles brain fart or a stupid Gerrard pass and they can press knowing we don't have the players to punish them on the break.

3 and 1/2 games into the season and we haven't scored a goal from open play.

sanjay_sai_rpt

Klopp the shit outta every team!
Gerrard has been terrible... Midfield lacking incision... Badly missing Lucas... Defense has lost the cohesion that was present last season... I was hoping that Arsenal performance was a bad day and our game against Man City was the standard...

But now it feels as if the Arsenal match is the standard to expect and the Man City was an out of ordinary good day...

NZred

The Red From NZ
Gerrard has been terrible... Midfield lacking incision... Badly missing Lucas... Defense has lost the cohesion that was present last season... I was hoping that Arsenal performance was a bad day and our game against Man City was the standard...

But now it feels as if the Arsenal match is the standard to expect and the Man City was an out of ordinary good day...
Sad but true. Time to get used to the fact we are a mediocre team and only getting worse.

Anthony

Sub off: Gerrard, Suarez and possibly Reina
Sub On: Sahin, Assaidi and possibly Jones

basil1492

TIA Squad Member
Lets be honest, any team that puts us under even the most remote of pressure is going to get a chance from a Reina howler or a Skittles brain fart or a stupid Gerrard pass and they can press knowing we don't have the players to punish them on the break.

3 and 1/2 games into the season and we haven't scored a goal from open play.
Yep, and i can't see it changing today unless we change things. Really think Stevie has to come off for Sahin. May make more chances though i'm still at a loss for who will put the round thing between the wooden things.

Bleech

TIA Reserve Team
It's only a dream. It's only a dream. It's only a dream...

sanjay_sai_rpt

Sahin to come in place of Gerrard at about 55.. and if still no goals, better bring off sterling and put in assaidi, and Suarez/Borini out and downing in..

Suarez needs to play centrally to get more involved in the game. But at least we have our new forward to bring on. Oh wait...

ptt

2020, head of the table.
Given the week we've had, I must confess to expecting a bit more today. OK BR, time to earn your stripes with the half time chat and suitable subs.

A couple of Uboats would do wonders for our attack........

basil1492

TIA Squad Member
8 shots to 1, 4 on target for us, we really, really need someone to find their shooting boots. I'd be half tempted to swap Borini for Sahin and try Stevie as centre attacker. May stop his sloppy passing this game and at least he knows where the net is. Not filled with confidence that anyone on the bench has more chance of scoring than he does.

Archer

TIA First Team
As with Arsenal - the tracking back from the midfield is somewhere between pathetic and non existent. Back 4 could be perfect and it wouldn't matter, they are open to counter attacks.

NZred

The Red From NZ
Suarez needs to play centrally to get more involved in the game. But at least we have our new forward to bring on. Oh wait...
Pointless putting Suarez in the middle. He is a creator and his chance conversion rate is bloody terrible. He brings NOTHING to the team playing through the middle.

kwala

TIA Regular
What a shower of absoloute shite. We could play for 9000 minutes and not score. Whatever happened in the transfer window, it is going to cost us dearly. We have absoloutley zero cutting edge. Suarez prooved for 18 months he cannot play as a CF, he is still prooving it.

Gerrard? What are you doing? you are the worst player on the pitch by some distance.

Pepe you need to be replaced, you couldnt catch an STD in an African mining village.

I feel sorry for Brendan Rodgers and Joe Allen. They thought they had arrived joining us, they are carrying us.

THE WORST LIVERPOOL ATTACK I HAVE EVER SEEN.

sanjay_sai_rpt

Similarity between this season and last - No incision in the final 3rd... same disappointing, frustrating play...

Difference between this season and last - Leaky defense this year.. atleast last season, we did a better job of containing teams...

God! I pray to you to make Lucas' recovery fast...

And that push on Glen's back was twice as hard as the one that Phil Dowd gave a penalty to West Brom against Agger.

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
All going to the usual script so far as befitting Aston Liverpool...

It's the little things. Like for example Suarez being bullied by the defenders and booked with his team mates miles away looking at their shoes or up in the clouds

Leadership. Zero. Nitto. Nowt. Nyet

This team bothers me. Looks like Newcastle in the early Ashley years. And we know what happened to them...

Sick of losing

Status
Not open for further replies.