• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Melbourne Victory vs Liverpool FC (Wednesday: 24th July)

LiVeRp0oL89

I just can't understand it.. I really can't. How can a team with THAT kind of support, be no better than Spurs? Depressing man.. Looked like a fantastic atmosphere in and around Melbourne though!

Maria

SUPER Champions of Europe VI
Ad-free Member
@TassieRed
Beautiful pic of you and Mrs TR and stunning pictures of the stadium, the crowd is amazing, it looks like a sell out.

EdWood

TIA Youth Team
LiVeRp0oL89 said:
I just can't understand it.. I really can't. How can a team with THAT kind of support, be no better than Spurs? Depressing man.. Looked like a fantastic atmosphere in and around Melbourne though!
Or equal to them even. In answer to your query, a succession of sh*tty (sorry, ladies) really, really poor owners probably fits the bill. I'm not talking FSG here, well not yet anyway, but Moores & Dumb & Dumber are the guilty parties. The decline of LFC, gradual under Moores, and at bloody light speed under H & G, was brought about by grossly bad ownership. Old school.

Maria

Ad-free Member
Apologies, if this has been posted but I can't see it anywhere at the mo.

I just saw this HD version of The YNWA anthem at this match. You can just feel the passion, the heart and soul of these dedicated fans singing this anthem in the stadium, its astounding, the end is particularly affecting.

I feel there is something missing at Anfield with our UK fans. We need to get this feeling back somehow. I feel re-inspired.

Thank you Melbourne LFC fan base. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSy5fvpJUzo

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
Maria said:
I feel there is something missing at Anfield with our UK fans. We need to get this feeling back somehow. I feel re-inspired.
Totally agree, the atmosphere at Anfield is terrible at times - particularly against the likes of the West Hams of this world. Personally feel the club should get a supporters group together and have dedicated vocal people to get the chants and signing going (away from the kop) Anfield Road end is usually quite quiet unless a group of you take it upon yourselfs to get it going

Maria

Ad-free Member
SoueysTash said:
Totally agree, the atmosphere at Anfield is terrible at times - particularly against the likes of the West Hams of this world. Personally feel the club should get a supporters group together and have dedicated vocal people to get the chants and signing going (away from the kop) Anfield Road end is usually quite quiet unless a group of you take it upon yourselfs to get it going
As far as I remember, I used to sit at the Anfield Rd end of the stadium, the Kop fans would sing, and we would follow the Kop and sing back and then sing in unison. Its hard when its just the four of you and everyone else around is in a state of inertia and staring at the pitch. We do definitely need a vocal group. I know the Celtic fans have a core group who sit in a certain section and are there juts for the vocal chants and song and rally round the fans.

ubermick

Willing to drive Lovren to the airport
Admin
You can't really compare the club showing up for an exhibition match that they're basically (well...) guaranteed to win in front of fans for many the chance to see the club in person is a once in a lifetime experience, and a run of the mill home match in the Premiership in front of the same fans who see them week in, week out.

It's like trying to compare a night in the sack for someone who's a virgin, and someone who's been married to the same person for decades, and they're getting a bit rough around the edges...

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
Maria said:
As far as I remember, I used to sit at the Anfield Rd end of the stadium, the Kop fans would sing, and we would follow the Kop and sing back and then sing in unison. Its hard when its just the four of you and everyone else around is in a state of inertia and staring at the pitch. We do definitely need a vocal group. I know the Celtic fans have a core group who sit in a certain section and are there juts for the vocal chants and song and rally round the fans.
Yep, I don't really understand the concept of not singing at a game, it's like going to the pub for an orange juice...

ubermick said:
It's like trying to compare a night in the sack for someone who's a virgin, and someone who's been married to the same person for decades, and they're getting a bit rough around the edges...
It is a very good analogy - still could be better though, I bet a good 30% of anfield goers are there once or twice a year...they should get involved!

Clive

Tetteh_Dalglish said:
. Then when the final whistle blew, he put a Melbourne shirt on on top of his own. Weird. Didn't swap shirts (nobody did), but he was the only player to put one of their shirts over his. [/size]...
Just wanted to point out this part is incorrect. Moot point but he swapped shirts on the ground with Victory's Adrian Liejer. The red you could see under the Victory shirt Luis was wearing was his undershirt (it was freezing).

Just wanted to clarify in fairness to Luis, who I agree otherwise bearly looked interested.

canucky008

TIA Reserve Team
Clive said:
Just wanted to point out this part is incorrect. Moot point but he swapped shirts on the ground with Victory's Adrian Liejer. The red you could see under the Victory shirt Luis was wearing was his undershirt (it was freezing).

Just wanted to clarify in fairness to Luis, who I agree otherwise bearly looked interested.
I was at the game and kept my eye on Suarez from the moment he came on

He had a fit at Aspas over s misplaced shot
Ran down the open channels screaming for the ball
He even jumped up to stop a chip over his head with his hands (snicker)

I think we are looking for things that aren't there
And let's face it, it was a friendly with an inferior opponent so you wouldn't expect to be pumped or celebrate like he won a World Cup

Great atmosphere , hope they come down under again