• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Melbourne Victory vs Liverpool FC (Wednesday: 24th July)

Clive

Have fun gents, I don't land in Melbourne until later on, so will miss the training. Really looking forward to tomorrow night.

DeathOrGlory

Fortune Favours the Gegenpress
In terms of the opposition, I'd expect a game of similar quality as the Preston one.

LFC-Orlando

TIA First Team
Still no photos from any Oz lads? Would love to see our fans in red, taking over the city, its restaurants, shops, etc.

Mrs.Coutinho

liverpool_singh said:
Coming to the training session tonight?
Yeah I'll be there, plenty of fans all across melbourne people everywhere wearing their liverpool gear.

liverpool_singh said:
Coming to the training session tonight?
Yeah I'll be there, plenty of fans all across melbourne people everywhere wearing their liverpool gear.

Libero

What is the biggest crowd lfc has played in front of ?

Also anyone at training tonight I will be in my Alonso kit, the grey one(which I will wear match day as well) tap me on the shoulder and say g'day.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Borini's Knife said:

Also anyone at training tonight I will be in my Alonso kit, the grey one(which I will wear match day as well) tap me on the shoulder and say g'day.
You mean the whole of Melbourne only you have that kit mate? ;)

To answer your question, it's 120K plus in Bukit Jalil, Malaysia. And here's the report

http://dragonsofasia.org/malaysia/users/4782/4782_campaign_summary.pdf

Libero

lfc.eddie said:

To answer your question, it's 120K plus in Bukit Jalil, Malaysia.
To be fair I don't think there will be many Alonso kits here.

Did not realize they played in front of such a big crowd before, I thought tomorrow would have been the biggest. Thanks for answering.

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
Borini's Knife said:

I think you might stand out more if you wear a Man U Rooney Kit. :lol:

gasband

Ad-free Member
Borini's Knife said:
I already saw some twat in a rvp kit
every single time, there will be idiots who just do these things purposely. I was in the streets of Paris once with a whole lot of PSG fans on the way to the stadium and there we saw 3 guys in the sea of PSG fans wearing Marseille jerseys singing at the top of their voice :lol:

kopite1982

Mignolet
Jonson
Toure
Agger
Enrique
Lucas
Gerrard
Coutinhio
Sterling
Alberto
Aspas

My starting xl

POBox

TIA Reserve Team
lfc.eddie said:

To answer your question, it's 120K plus in Bukit Jalil, Malaysia. And here's the report

"The following is deem confidential – hence please refrain from publication"
:D
And with 120,000 die-hard Liverpool fans packing the stadium two days in a row, the
Liverpool FC tour of Malaysia was a major success that overshadowed the two club tours
by Chelsea FC and Arsenal FC.

auzziez

Borini said:

lfc.eddie said:

I think the report added those who attended training sessions to the match day audience. Moreover Bukit Jalil stadium has a capacity of 100K. So 100K roughly should be the number.

PS: Another site suggests its capacity is actually 87K.

gasband

Ad-free Member
To be exact BJ has a seating capacity of just around 90K. But there had been cases where seemingly more people had been squeezed in for some events. Maybe I am biased, but it does not surprised me if they squeezed in more people than safety regulations allowed.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
auzziez said:
I think the report added those who attended training sessions to the match day audience. Moreover Bukit Jalil stadium has a capacity of 100K. So 100K roughly should be the number.

PS: Another site suggests its capacity is actually 87K.
Well the seating capacity is 87K, but the seats were taken out for that game and you were left with nothing but steps to sit on. Only the VIP area has seats. It is due to the ticket request that made them take the seat out.

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
Suarez body language all wrong don't ya reckon lads

rupzzz

TIA Regular
redbj said:
Suarez body language all wrong don't ya reckon lads
I'm not there or haven't seen footage, but he usually looks half arsed when doing fitness work. It's the football side of training that he comes into it

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
There playing a game

Fucking lovin this shit

Fucking lovin this shit

DanLFC

Strafing ground targets
Leaving Adelaide in a few hours to drive across....this is gonna be a bloody ripper

I'll be wearing last seasons away jersey with Daniel Agger's name on the back, if you see me by all means come up and say hello, my name is Daniel.

auzziez

lfc.eddie said:
Well the seating capacity is 87K, but the seats were taken out for that game and you were left with nothing but steps to sit on. Only the VIP area has seats. It is due to the ticket request that made them take the seat out.
Cheers for clearing that up!

Fantastic to see the team train tonight. Was standing right up close to where they were training. Too bad they didn't sign any autographs but did receive big cheers when they acknowledged the crowd!

My favourite part was when a group of lads behind us started the chant "there's only one Colin Pascoe" and the rest of us joined in. He was helping helping out in a drill at the time and a big smile beamed across his face and he gave a thumbs up! lol

Likely starting line up (as per the bib theory and the 10 vs 10 game they had):

Mignolet
Johnson Wisdom Skrtel Enrique
Gerrard Allen Hendo
Ibe Borini Sterling

2nd half subs:

Jones
Kelly Toure Agger Flanagan
Spearing Lucas Alberto
Downing Suarez Aspas

Coutinho only did a warm up (worried he might have picked up a knock) and Coates, Assaidi + Robinson trained separately while the 10 vs 10 game was going on.

Rooster

What a hit son
Will be watching the 2 new Spanish blokes real close. Alberto gives me hope.

I mustn't get too caught up in it all and drink to much booze.....

TassieRed

TIA Regular
image.jpg

Just touched down in Melbourne and headed off to the Hyatt. Where the team are staying. Just in time to catch them coming in from their training session.

Absolutely fucking one of the most awesome moments of my life. I was like one of those teenage girls fainting when the Beatles were on stage.

Saw Gerard, Hendo, Coutinho, Skrtl, Dagger, Coates, and bad boy Luis. Say what you like about Suarez but he turned back instead of going up the elevators and signed as many things as he could for people. Does that mean anything? Dunno.

And in real life he looks even smaller than he does on the telly!

Bring on tomorrow night.

Edit: some sort of picture upload malfunction. If you can click on the picture it will be revealed in all its awesomeness. Suarez was right next to me. I could have grabbed him. I wanted to say "are you staying or fucking going mate!" . But I don't speak Spanish. So I didn't. image.jpg

TassieRed said:
image.jpg

Just touched down in Melbourne and headed off to the Hyatt. Where the team are staying. Just in time to catch them coming in from their training session.

Absolutely fucking one of the most awesome moments of my life. I was like one of those teenage girls fainting when the Beatles were on stage.

Saw Gerard, Hendo, Coutinho, Skrtl, Dagger, Coates, and bad boy Luis. Say what you like about Suarez but he turned back instead of going up the elevators and signed as many things as he could for people. Does that mean anything? Dunno.

And in real life he looks even smaller than he does on the telly!

Bring on tomorrow night.

Edit: some sort of picture upload malfunction. If you can click on the picture it will be revealed in all its awesomeness. Suarez was right next to me. I could have grabbed him. I wanted to say "are you staying or fucking going mate!" . But I don't speak Spanish. So I didn't.
image.jpg
Nice one! Are you staying at the Hyatt?

A True Red From NZ

liverpool_singh said:
Mignolet
Johnson Wisdom Skrtel Enrique
Gerrard Allen Hendo
Ibe Borini Sterling

2nd half subs:

Jones
Kelly Toure Agger Flanagan
Spearing Lucas Alberto
Downing Suarez Aspas
Having seen the previous two friendly matches, I would assume the teams will be the other way round.
I expect Jones to start (seeing as its in Aussie), Aspas and Alberto should also start as the other games suggest.

Hope you enjoyed the training session mate. I'm looking forward to the game tomorrow night, finally a game that starts before midnight here...

TassieRed

TIA Regular
liverpool_singh said:
Nice one! Are you staying at the Hyatt?
Yep!

My cousin in Melbourne runs a cafe and knows all the caterers in town. He managed to find out where the team are staying and I booked accordingly. Never thought I would actually see the team but there you go! Sometimes in life you get lucky.

Daft Punk style.

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
Rooster said:
Will be watching the 2 new Spanish blokes real close. Alberto gives me hope.

I mustn't get too caught up in it all and drink to much booze.....
Ummm....you can't go to the footy and not have a skinful ;-)

A True Red From NZ said:
Having seen the previous two friendly matches, I would assume the teams will be the other way round.
I expect Jones to start (seeing as its in Aussie), Aspas and Alberto should also start as the other games suggest.

Hope you enjoyed the training session mate. I'm looking forward to the game tomorrow night, finally a game that starts before midnight here...
Yes training session was good. Think more than 10,000 people showed up.

I guess it could be the other way around but given that only 2 players in the first line up I posted played for more than 45mins against Indonesia 3 days ago I have a feeling they will start against Melbourne to rotate the squad a bit.