• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Melbourne Victory vs Liverpool FC (Wednesday: 24th July)

TassieRed said:
Yep!

My cousin in Melbourne runs a cafe and knows all the caterers in town. He managed to find out where the team are staying and I booked accordingly. Never thought I would actually see the team but there you go! Sometimes in life you get lucky.

Daft Punk style.
Well that worked out well then. You want to sneak me through so I can get a few autographs? ;-)

TassieRed

TIA Regular
liverpool_singh said:
Well that worked out well then. You want to sneak me through so I can get a few autographs? ;-)
Security here is TIGHT mate. But you never know what I could manage.........

Hoping to get my stalker on at brekkie tomorrow. I wonder what time the boys would eat? Might just calmly sit there sipping my latte for a few hours from 730 onwards. If its a full on player fest I will pm you and see what I can wangle. No promises though!

gb1986

Can't wait for this one, i'll be at work again but i'll be able to stream it!

Hope we keep the results up, i think generally we had pretty poor pre seasons the past couple of years.

TassieRed said:
Security here is TIGHT mate. But you never know what I could manage.........

Hoping to get my stalker on at brekkie tomorrow. I wonder what time the boys would eat? Might just calmly sit there sipping my latte for a few hours from 730 onwards. If its a full on player fest I will pm you and see what I can wangle. No promises though!
haha no problem mate! That would be brilliant if you can otherwise no stress. I live about 20mins away from the city but will probably drive down sometime tomorrow afternoon.

I know a few of the fans from the Melbourne Liverpool Supporters Association were able to get some photos + autographs from players when they went down to the bar area but I doubt they'll be drinking before the game tomorrow! ;)

Also for anyone heading down to the game tomorrow there's a march to the stadium organised to leave federation square at around 6.30pm. I expect lot's of fans to meet up there before heading off to the game.

Bleech

TIA Reserve Team
The idea that I get to watch Liverpool tomorrow morning before I go to work fills me with joy. Gonna be a great morning.

Libero

I must say I was very impressed with Mignolet and Toure both hung around after the session to take some photos with kids and Toure in general seems to love it here already, he can't stop smiling and it seems like both players have really taken to the club in the short amount of time which is good to see.

leopoldfrank said:
They idea that I get to watch Liverpool tomorrow morning before I go to work fills me with joy. Gonna be a great morning.
Now you know how it's like for us Aussies most of the time !

ubermick

Willing to drive Lovren to the airport
Admin
belldiouf said:
No, I detest Melbourne Victory. and I am a c$#t :D
Can't argue with either of those points.

Clive

Quite right redbj. Today is a day to enjoy, both as an LFC fan and a fan of Australian football, which has improved out of sight from the dark days of the nsl. Have fun all... I'm off to the Imperial shortly!

TassieRed

TIA Regular
image.jpg

Shoot me now. I am in heaven. Just got a photo with God. Rushie off to the right of photo. God and Ian Rush signed my shirt. Melbourne is buzzing. Reds are everywhere. It's just going to build up and up and up as the day progresses. Tonight is going to be massive.

Funny story. Went to get a permanent marker from the local convenience store. The bloke running the place said he had run out of black ones. He had plenty of red ones and one blue one left. I snapped it up. He had no idea why nobody wanted to buy the red ones!

"Is there a football team in town or something?" He said.

Chuckle chuckle chuckle.......

TRU-RED

TIA New Signing
Best place to go for a drink before and after the game? Buzzing for it now..

Libero

TRU-RED said:
Best place to go for a drink before and after the game? Buzzing for it now..
Imperial Hotel on bourke st will be packed with Reds.

There is a march from 630 from Fed Square to the "G".

Alternatively the Duke on flinders will probably have a few reds there as well which is on the corner of russel and flinders, bit closer to fed square than the impy.

Rooster

What a hit son
SoueysTash said:
Ummm....you can't go to the footy and not have a skinful ;-)
Usually do but not a skinful tonight. Semi skinful so I know what's going on.

Staggered at the level of support in this city right now. Reds have taken over Melbourne.

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
Rooster said:
Usually do but not a skinful tonight. Semi skinful so I know what's going on.

Staggered at the level of support in this city right now. Reds have taken over Melbourne.
So I hear, James Pearce says the atmosphere around the ground is buzzing

kylel39

Never bite the hand that feed's you.......Luis
Sounds like it's going to be a cracker and the atmosphere sounds brilliant. Gutted I'm arrriving 2 months late.

Great photo TassieRed, you've planned that well.

Enjoy lads.

dxb_red

should be a great game today, we're obviously a technically superior team, but Aussie's dont take kindly to losing and they will be fired up for this one...what they perhaps lack in skill they more than make up for in competitiveness...i would imagine that if we play as we did last week, in a sort of halfhearted manner, we may be in for a shock...although, having said that, i cant imagine our players not being really fired up for this considering the atmosphere and the fact that they are playing in front of 95,000 people...

LiVeRp0oL89

The Reds team in full is: Jones, Johnson, Skrtel, Wisdom, Enrique, Gerrard, Allen, Henderson, Ibe, Sterling, Borini.

Subs: Mignolet, Kelly, Coates, Agger, Flanagan, Spearing, Lucas, Downing, Alberto, Aspas, Suarez, Robinson, Assaidi.

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
deedontdoodatderdoodee said:
by the way 95000 people WILL be the largest crowd LFC have ever seen!
Are you sure about that? We did regularly play at a sold-out Wembley when the capacity was 100,000. We also played at the Nou Camp when the capacity was over a hundred thou. Not sure if it was sold out though.

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
Clearly a 4-3-3. Looking forward to seeing how that midfield works out. Suarez on the bench, I see. Some 2nd half minutes perhaps? Wonder what kind of reception he'll get.

WellRedKev

TIA Reserve Team
liverpool_singh said:
Fantastic to see the team train tonight. Was standing right up close to where they were training. Too bad they didn't sign any autographs but did receive big cheers when they acknowledged the crowd!

My favourite part was when a group of lads behind us started the chant "there's only one Colin Pascoe" and the rest of us joined in. He was helping helping out in a drill at the time and a big smile beamed across his face and he gave a thumbs up! lol

Likely starting line up (as per the bib theory and the 10 vs 10 game they had):

Mignolet
Johnson Wisdom Skrtel Enrique
Gerrard Allen Hendo
Ibe Borini Sterling

2nd half subs:

Jones
Kelly Toure Agger Flanagan
Spearing Lucas Alberto
Downing Suarez Aspas

Coutinho only did a warm up (worried he might have picked up a knock) and Coates, Assaidi + Robinson trained separately while the 10 vs 10 game was going on.
Spot on apart from goalies mate. Enjoy the game

auzziez

legalalien said:
Are you sure about that? We did regularly play at a sold-out Wembley when the capacity was 100,000. We also played at the Nou Camp when the capacity was over a hundred thou. Not sure if it was sold out though.
if i am not wrong, the stat applies only to a pre-season game.