• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Melbourne Victory vs Liverpool FC (Wednesday: 24th July)

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Half arsed still got us a goal. Hmmm.... we must convince to keep him.

Bleech

TIA Reserve Team
Probably reading a bit too much into Suarez's supposed body language. He looks interested to me, very involved. He's not swearing at refs and getting sneaky digs on opposing players, however, if that's what you mean by not interested.

On another note, they're not the well oiled machine yet but some very promising link up play from Aspas and Suarez.

alphakilo

TIA Regular
Arminius said:
and there is the problem, vaguely bored and disinterested, still produces.
Agreed, which is why we have to play hard ball on this one.

gb1986

Suarez immediately puts a melbourne shirt over his own... why didn't he swap it?

RedBaron

Curse you RedBaron!!!!
When have you ever seen LS react like that to a Livepool goal?

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
steve10 said:
Suarez has trained for 2 days- what do you expect him to be match fit?
You don't need to be match fit to celebrate a goal.

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
2-0

Uninspiring second half but effort from most was ok. Just not a lot of quality, that even a unarsed Suarez offered more than most in that direction. Not a great sign tbh

His body language was Torres like horrible mind. Not going to calm speculation that

Kind of hope the last one goes to Aspas though. Ibe and sterling were good amongst a fair bit of meh

But least there was enough professional pride to keep winning games, even though the opponents were willing but limited

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Very good match for us. We're about to take good habits: dominating games outrageaously, clean sheets, good defending on set pieces, two good goals scored in each of pre-season matches so far, late goals to settle down nerves. Job done in my book, and well done.

As for Luis, he showed in a glimpse what he's all about. His assist for Aspas was as sweet as any, kudos to Downing also for thinking quick and giving him a good ball on that corner.

okocha10

Football Master
I know Ibe is only 17, but he is far better than Downing. I hope he will play some games next season.

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
Set up the goal then shunned the celebrations......bad body language and facial expressions. Hardly chased a ball and strolled about.
I know its a preseason friendly but that doesn't look good. We may have a new incredible sulk.

Dublin_Kopite

TIA Legend
It looked to me he was hiding away for large part of that 20 mins.
I think he wanted to avoid scoring and having to show his emotions.
I know it's preseason, i know he is just back but body language and fitness are two different things.
Slightly disappointed that we didn't put more effort in that the occasion deserved.

Let the Suarez circus continue i suppose.

belldiouf

TIA New Signing
2-0 win against Melbourne Victorys youth side, great effort from the youngsters. Asks more questions about Liverpool to be honest, pre season or not.

Should put to doubts the standard of the A-League compared to other Europeans leagues. I think comparisons with lower championship level sides is a fair comparison.

Cracking rendition of YNWA pre match.

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Jeez, with the scrutiny he is put under by his own fans, no wonder he wants out.

Let the guy get back into training and get his swagger back, then start judging him.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad
Good work out for the lads. Wisdom looked decent, starting to think we don't need another cb.

I feel Coutinho was missed in a major way.

norwegian wood

TIA Regular
Good workout and a great day for a fantastic crowd.

Allen, Wisdom, Ibe, Gerrard and Sterling the ones who stood out for me. Aspas the best of the subs; I think we've got ourselves a good player there.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
SirBillShankly said:
Good work out for the lads. Wisdom looked decent, starting to think we don't need another cb.
Because we had 3 clean sheets out of 3 games so far?