Michael Edwards

Doesn't matter though does it? Arsenal player. Member of staff/ family member . you rushed on here to be the first to get it out there so didn't wait to see if it was true. You got the wrong info that VVD would get done , it didn't and you were left with egg on your face and your ego can't handle that

Like in your post about Edwards , which is an decent enough read but nothing in it was info that came from your chats with him but yet i n your lead up to that post you make out you know Edwards better than anyone else on here because you've met him a few times in a social setting. Like ya he gives a random stranger inside info just like that ? Or are you a cardiffpete type character who meets Susanna Hoff back stage and helps her write music for the bangles ?
Do you feel the same or am i only dreaming.

i_still_miss_fowler

Open Your Eyes Morty!
Yes it is.

The fact that people don’t accept this is why we have so much shit going on in this world.
What I meant was there is no truth, only perception. Everyone of us distorts the world via our own lens.

This is because life is rarely binary. Take Edwards possible options on lets say Benteke.

Did Edwards try and veto a deal ?
Did Edwards tell the commitie he thought he was shit ?
Did Edwards give a mixed opinion of various pros and cons ?
Did Edwards say nothing at all ?
Did Edwards keep his mouth shut, so he could get one of his signings ? (ie Rodgers signing, then committer signing)
Did Edwards have Benteke as number 12 in his list of possible transfers ?
DId Edwards simply highlight the benefits of Benteke ?
Did Edwards fully support Rodgers, providing the key vote in the committee ?

There is a wide spectrum. Perception is altered by level of communication, motives and past history. Some people perceive a lack of objection as an endorsement. Others need to be told explicitly.

Its not so much fake news ala trump, but unless your at the ends of a spectrum (which frequently is not true) a positive or negative slant can be given.

Red over the water

I’m new on here, so I may not fully know the workings and so on, but I want to comment on what I’ve seen over the last few pages.

1. Scott Jones - full credit to you for trying to lighten the mood!
2. As for the rest of it, live and let live!

My tuppence worth from what I’ve seen so far is there are some really good posters on here. Kopstar knows his stuff, and his post on Edwards was a good one. As for previous with the VVD deal, who cares?! Transfers have so many moving parts and it’s an inexact science. It’s why, whenever a deal is nearing completion, everyone on here says “wait for the lean!” Any information passed on in good faith should be received as such, especially when it’s from someone known on the forum. When we are pulling each other up and arguing over nothing much, it’s unbecoming and a bit awkward for innocent bystanders too.

We’ve had a very good window (perfect would see another coming in for the last third) and the reds are marching up the hill. Klopp is at the helm, he’s building a fantastic team and squad, and life is good. It’s a great time to be a red.

Kopstar

★★★★★
Doesn't matter though does it? Arsenal player. Member of staff/ family member . you rushed on here to be the first to get it out there so didn't wait to see if it was true. You got the wrong info that VVD would get done , it didn't and you were left with egg on your face and your ego can't handle that

Like in your post about Edwards , which is an decent enough read but nothing in it was info that came from your chats with him but yet i n your lead up to that post you make out you know Edwards better than anyone else on here because you've met him a few times in a social setting. Like ya he gives a random stranger inside info just like that ? Or are you a cardiffpete type character who meets Susanna Hoff back stage and helps her write music for the bangles ?
The Arsenal matter was true. I decided to delete it because you were right, it looked like it was done purely to demonstrate my connections. If there was a danger of that (which there was) it would be disrespectful to the individual’s family. I therefore thought twice about it and removed it, not because it wasn’t true but because it was morally the right thing to do.

I was mistaken about VvD, that’s true. It came as quite a surprise to Liverpool as well. You’ve never been surprised by an unexpected turn of events?

As for Edwards I’m pretty confident that chatting about the various issues in football with him on a number of occasions has allowed me to get a greater feel for the guy than the majority on here who’d struggle to pick him out of a line-up. I never claimed he shared confidential information with me - that would be rather anathema to how I’ve described him, wouldn’t you think? Have I set out all I know? No, I’ve set out enough that I feel is pertinent to form my opinion of him and to explain how his role developed and some of the deliberations that went on behind the scenes. Coincidentally backed up by Reddy a few hours later.

ubermick

Willing to drive Lovren to the airport
Admin
Enough's e-fucking-nough. Grown fucking men squabbling on an internet forum, most of you around here long enough to know better.

Kopstar - despite what some of you dearly love to think - actually does have some inside information. That not to say ITK, but through work - and I've had conversations with him about this myself - he's got a better understanding about how a lot of this works. If people don't like the information he gives, ignore it. If you have a chip on your shoulder regarding him, put him on your ignore list. End of the day, he provides a lot more meaningful info to the forums than the people do who follow him around baiting him.

Grow fucking well up, and if you can't do it, fuck off to RAWK where I don't have to deal with it.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Fucking hell. What do we make of that tweet?

(Apparently Edwards negotiated that Barca have to pay 100m premium if they sign another Liverpool player before 2020.)

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts...
Admin
Fucking hell. What do we make of that tweet?

(Apparently Edwards negotiated that Barca have to pay 100m premium if they sign another Liverpool player before 2020.)
Source: Paul Joyce, thus a serious one. That is good. At least next summer, we'll be left alone by this peculiar shark. There are obviously still others to fend off though.

Credit to Edwards for implementing this.

rupzzz

TIA Regular
How long before Southampton do the same to us? :-)
That ship sailed outta the Solent a while ago. Virgil was the last of their talent in the squad that we would be interested in. They're on their way to another relegation scrap too.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad.
Edwards' advisor AKA Kopstar.

Now he needs to pull some shrewd moves out of his magic bag for the likes of City, Real and PSG.

Bonus

TIA New Signing
I wonder if this clause is fool proof?

What if we had a situation, where without any 'ahem' 'publicity or approach from Barca
Firmino suddenly decides he wants to join Barca, and threatens all kind of trouble for club/team harmony unless he gets his way.

Barca could argue, well we don't really want him, but we will do you a favour and take him of your hands,
and remember we are not trying to sign him, as its him that's approaching us so the clause doesnt count.

Is there anyway around this clause? @Kopstar

Also, now we know why Mingolet never joined Barca during the summer when he was linked, 100Million plus for him hahahaha!

Last edited:

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
Not to play the role of Eddie too much but it really depends what he gave up.....

“ no, no, keep the Lionel chap you refer to, I’ll even knock off an extra 2 mil on the proviso you never approach one of our guys for at least 2 years”

AussieLad

TIA Regular

What if we had a situation, where without any 'ahem' 'publicity or approach from Barca
Firmino suddenly decides he wants to join Barca, and threatens all kind of trouble for club/team harmony unless he gets his way.

Barca could argue, well we don't really want him, but we will do you a favour and take him of your hands,
and remember we are not trying to sign him, as its him that's approaching us so the clause doesnt count.

Also, now we know why Mingolet never joined Barca during the summer when he was linked, 100Million plus for him hahahaha!
finding a way to bump up the price for Moreno to over 100M = the man is a genius

Noo Noo

I'm not expert here but I suspect that the player is free to go at the right price. Barca would have to pay the premium on the side.

I guess it might be a bit like having to pay for your ketchup after buying your burger.

Kopstar

★★★★★

Without seeing the agreement and taking instructions on whether it had been superseded or varied subsequently I don't know. I imagine it would apply to any transfer of a player under contract to the club (regardless of how it came about).