• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Michael Edwards

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Edwards' next trick this summer will be keeping the wage bill the same (including the cost of renewals) whilst simultaneously improving the first team options.

I fancy there to be a lot of outgoings.
Got a feeling we will see Brewster replace Sturridge, Wilson replace Lallana, Keita move CM replacing Milner who'd be allowed to move on to Leeds, Sessegnon brought in replacing Moreno and Werner brought in to replace Origi. Possibly a keeper brought in as back up to replace Mignolet who was signed as a starter. With Markovic, Ings and Clyne all also likely to go that's enough to rectify that isn't it? Obviously it may be alternative players to Werner and Sessegnon but I imagine it would be similar wages regardless of which two it is.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
I fully expect these to leave (high earners marked*)

- Mignolet*
- Moreno
- Clyne
- Randall
- Lallana*
- Markovic
- Sturridge*
- Origi

I also wouldn’t be surprised if these also left

- Lovren*
- Matip*
- Milner*

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Yeah, I reckon the outgoings will be (in varying degrees of importance)...

Ings, Solanke (already confirmed), Clyne, Lallana, Sturridge, Origi, Moreno, Karius, Markovic, Matip, Randall, Kent, Awoniyi, Grujic, Woodburn, and maybe Milner if he fancies a swansong at Leeds after winning the league with us (fingers crossed!).

That's nearly a million a week in wages off the books and probably around £120m in transfer fees.

Incomings...who knows but he'll have a lot of room to work with if he clears that amount of wages, generates a fair amount of income from sales and adds that to what ought to be another profitable campaign. I could see a similar net spend to last summer limited only by the number of newcomers Klopp is comfortable with adding to the first team squad in the space of one window. Adding 3 to 4 senior players seems to be at the rough limit of what he likes to do, particularly given the more settled nature of our existing squad.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Yeah, I reckon the outgoings will be (in varying degrees of importance)...

Ings, Solanke (already confirmed), Clyne, Lallana, Sturridge, Origi, Moreno, Karius, Markovic, Matip, Randall, Kent, Awoniyi, Grujic, Woodburn, and maybe Milner if he fancies a swansong at Leeds after winning the league with us (fingers crossed!).

That's nearly a million a week in wages off the books and probably around £120m in transfer fees.

Incomings...who knows but he'll have a lot of room to work with if he clears that amount of wages, generates a fair amount of income from sales and adds that to what ought to be another profitable campaign. I could see a similar net spend to last summer limited only by the number of newcomers Klopp is comfortable with adding to the first team squad in the space of one window. Adding 3 to 4 senior players seems to be at the rough limit of what he likes to do, particularly given the more settled nature of our existing squad.
A lot leaving but I really can't see many needing to come in even with all them going.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
A lot leaving but I really can't see many needing to come in even with all them going.
Agreed, on my Paratici Sheet™ I have those outgoings with up to a max of 7 incoming (4 of whom being 20 or under, one 21yr old, and two 23yr olds - as at the start of the transfer window).

Net spend of around £130m but with a net saving to the wage bill of ~£400k/week or ~£20m/year (re outs v ins).

RedForever2014

Of the current 19 man outfield senior squad, Sturridge, Origi and Moreno are certainties, Lallana very likely, Clyne, Milner and a centre back possibles.

That's four to seven players that'll need replacing.

If Grujic and Wilson come back, that still leaves two to five players needing to be acquired.

No way can we start seeing a senior squad in the region of 15 or 16 outfield players if we want to compete.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Of the current 19 man outfield senior squad, Sturridge, Origi and Moreno are certainties, Lallana very likely, Clyne, Milner and a centre back possibles.

That's four to seven players that'll need replacing.

If Grujic and Wilson come back, that still leaves two to five players needing to be acquired.

No way can we start seeing a senior squad in the region of 15 or 16 outfield players if we want to compete.
You've named 4-7 senior players that may depart but those departures (Sturridge, Origi, Moreno, Lallana, Clyne, Milner, Matip) don't leave a 7-man hole in the first team squad. Those seven together barely amount to four actual players that might be deemed actual depth rather than simply names on a squad list.

Lose those 7 and replace them with Werner, Havertz, Sessegnon and Militao (for example) and you've more than adequately filled any 'hole' left by their departures.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Ad-free Member
You've named 4-7 senior players that may depart but those departures (Sturridge, Origi, Moreno, Lallana, Clyne, Milner, Matip) don't leave a 7-man hole in the first team squad. Those seven together barely amount to four actual players that might be deemed actual depth rather than simply names on a squad list.

Lose those 7 and replace them with Werner, Havertz, Sessegnon and Militao (for example) and you've more than adequately filled any 'hole' left by their departures.
Still smarting at the way we never replaced Jerome Sinclair...

C

Caradoc

I fully expect these to leave (high earners marked*)

- Mignolet*
- Moreno
- Clyne
- Randall
- Lallana*
- Markovic
- Sturridge*
- Origi

I also wouldn’t be surprised if these also left

- Lovren*
- Matip*
- Milner*

He’s not going to let Matip and Lovren go. In fact I’d be surprised if either goes unless one of them pushes for a move. A utility left back/LCB might come in causing one of them to want out.

Milner possibly depends on what happens at Leeds - they’ve had a bit of a wobble in recent matches.

With Ings, Solanke and probably Sturridge moving on I could see Origi being kept on.

If Klopp brings in any more quality midfielders I think you could add Henderson to your list 12 months further down the line.

Mascot88

Admin

Couldn’t agree more with this. I can’t see us signing more than four outfield players either, and I don’t think we need to.

I think the difficulty of summer is not going to be bringing in tonnes of players - it’s bringing in players who need to be happy backing up clear first choices like Robertson and Alisson. That’s where Edwards and Klopp need to be on top of their game.

Mascot88

Admin
He’s not going to let Matip and Lovren go. In fact I’d be surprised if either goes unless one of them pushes for a move. A utility left back/LCB might come in causing one of them to want out.
I can’t speak for Klopp, but I’d punt the pair of them and replace them both with one lad who isn’t made of crisps.

C

Caradoc

I can’t speak for Klopp, but I’d punt the pair of them and replace them both with one lad who isn’t made of crisps.

Yep, but that isn’t what you said! ;-)

If it was left to me I’d get rid of everyone on that list of yours with the exception of Milner but they would need replacing and that would mean bringing in several quality players in a short timeframe. Firstly that would cost a fair bit and secondly (and you ain’t going to like me for bringing this up :tongue:) aren’t you the one who insists that we shouldn’t bring in too many players in one go? ;-)

Only pulling you’re leg mun! If it was me I’d be going for somebody like de Ligt at CB and somebody who can cover LCB/LB.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad
I like the way he's operated with the Van Den Berg signing. Right out of the blue. Old school. I love that.

Now, please bring us a top class young left back and Havertz :well done:

AndrewV

Deserves his own thread doesn't he? He's doing a stunning job isn't he? We were unsure at first but now we are seeing him doing the business in a professional, no-nonsense manner, really impressed with the job he's doing.

All our signings these days seem to be absolutely spot on. Virgil, Naby, Fabinho and now Fekir.

Awesome stuff, hats off to Michael Edwards and team.
I don't think our team need much this summer. I am hoping Brewster, Woodburn, Kent, Wilson, Origi, Shaq and Lallana combined can provide quality back up to the best front 3 in the world (Mane, Salah and Firmino). Else we have to get a top attacker so we can rotate.
We need a back up left and right back. I dont want to see Joe playing right back. I dont want him to get injuried there. I want to see him at centre back.
We have a great team.
Nuff luv from Jamaica.