Mohamed Salah (RW/LW) AS Roma

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by Nikola, May 31, 2017.

?

What will Salah be leaning on?

1. A wall

2 vote(s)
    5.1%
  2. A rack of boots

5 vote(s)
    12.8%
  3. Alby Moreno

3 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. The 'This is Anfield' sign

4 vote(s)
    10.3%
  5. Klopp's manly embrace

9 vote(s)
    23.1%
  6. A bit of Melwood

7 vote(s)
    17.9%
  7. A desk with a dummy contract on it

3 vote(s)
    7.7%
  8. A suitcase full of cash

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. A flight back to Rome, dejected and alone.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. That bar that Del Boy fell through.

6 vote(s)
    15.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikola

Nikola Mediocre outcome is the probable outcome. Admin

According to the press, Liverpool are genuinely interested in him, even Echo have posted a "who is Liverpool" article about him earlier today, so... Fire away!

Scott Jones likes this.

2. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan Trust in Klopp

3. The Elusive 19th

The Elusive 19th TIA Youth Team

Oh Come on.... you are totally ruining it.... :-(:unhappy::((

redfanman, Scott Jones and Livvy like this.
  4. Kopstar

Kopstar ★★★★★ Valued Member

Nikola's hit rate for opening threads for targets we end up signing is an impressive 73%.

He opened the threads for Sturridge, Coates, Markovic, Bogdan, Ings, Karius, Kolo and Wijnaldum...the only ones he's jinxed are Tom Ince, Ousman Dembele and Chilwell.

#mythbusting

:-)

5. Limiescouse

Limiescouse Well-Known Member

You'd think the Echo readers would know that already?

@Kopstar - please tell me you have a spread sheet containing these data.

redfanman and Alright Now like this.
  6. The Elusive 19th

Yeah exactly.
    DS and Ings are crooked for life.
    Coates, Mark, Bog were bang average and didnot improve here.
    Karius failure based on first season.
    And Wij a Success - but only 1 season so far - too early.
    I give you Kolo.

Also - this is post crash list. What about pre crash? I tell you this @Nikola is a bad news for incoming transfers.

lollollol

redfanman likes this.
  7. Nikola

Nikola Mediocre outcome is the probable outcome. Admin

Oh, I knew ZB and you would have a field day with this. lol

@The Elusive 19th, I admitted to being a jinx but I swear it's involuntary. :-( Still better than ubermick, though!

8. Chewbazza

Chewbazza True Believer

This is the name that interests me least and I couldn't really tell you why. I'll try and perk up a bit if we end up signing him.

Anfield rd Dreamer and redfanman like this.
  9. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

Just post immediately after @Nikola or @Hope in your heart and you will automatically appear 3 rungs higher up on the perky ladder ;-)

10. Kopstar

Kopstar ★★★★★ Valued Member

Are they like the left and right cups in a wonder bra or something? [or just a pair of tits?]

Nikola, jgw_geneseo, Jase and 2 others like this.
  11. Limiescouse

I think there is a lot of unfair animosity based on our previous failed pursuit, when the reality is the process never got far enough along that the decision was in his hands. We were interested, but unwilling to pay what Basel wanted so it went no where.

I also think his time at Chelsea is a bit unfairly viewed. While he didn't play much, making him seem like a bust, he didn't play badly when he did get a shot. He was also sneaky young then and has seemingly improved with time and experience.

Most of all though, I make it a rule to never think poorly of forwards Jose cannot figure out how to use properly.

Livvy, Alright Now, Kyriakyl and 4 others like this.
  12. Jase

Jase Well-Known Member

look how much self control i'm showing right now
    see?. nothing

inaiq and redfanman like this.
  13. The Elusive 19th

Whos would you prefer on the wings? He has decent stat last year - 19 goals and 15 assists in 3100 minutes. Chunk of it from right wing though. The season before he has 15 and 9.

Alright Now likes this.
  14. Listerofsmeg

Listerofsmeg New Member

Not for me I'm afraid. He has in the past chose Chelsea over us, in not saying we can't be linked with players that have overlooked us in the past but for me I don't think he is what we need.

15. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan Trust in Klopp

Pace, goals, assists, don't see what's not to like. Always said I wanted Brandt as first-choice, but from what our German colleagues tell us that one was probably not ever going to happen. I'd be happy with this as a fall-back.

KMD1951 and redfanman like this.
  16. Listerofsmeg

Listerofsmeg New Member

I just think we need to strengthen in those positions we struggled with last season LB, CB, GK for a start.

17. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

So glad you read the other posts before writing this one, especially the one 3 posts above yours ;-)

18. Wyld@Heart

Wyld@Heart Well-Known Member

We have colleagues? Ha, I always did maintain to manager that the disproportionate part of my day spent on here was me actually working. :well done:

Y' know, liaising with people on the international scale, strategising, troubleshooting, creating new ideas, debunking old ones, participating in thought groups on what the future holds... yeeeeeaaaah. Work.

19. Limiescouse

I bill it to my company as "role playing conflict resolution scenarios."

redfanman and Wyld@Heart like this.
  20. MarlboroMan

MarlboroMan Vertrauen Sie mir

I like Salah but can he or Mane be just as effective playing on the left? Salah played 13 games on the right wing for 6 goals and 5 assists. He played 11 at right forward for 7 goals and 2 assists. He played as a striker 5 times and got 3 goals and 1 assist. He also played behind the striker and got 1 goal and 3 assists. No appearances on the left side though. We know that Mane didn't play on the left for us this past season so who makes the switch? We surely aren't going to buy someone that can't play well on the left side which makes our interest in Salah confusing. Salah is left footed so that's a plus now if only Mane could play on the left we could go with inverted wingers. If the reason that Mane wasn't tried on the left is that its Coutinho's spot then I understand especially if the plan is to then move him to the left once a left-footed pacy wide man was bought to play on the right.

21. Kyriakyl

Kyriakyl Member

Pretty sure Mane played LW for Southampton

redfanman likes this.
  22. Limiescouse

Neither are players who predominantly look to go outside their defender with the ball and so there is little reason to think they need to play on the orthodox side. In fact you might think with the way they play, both often looking for diagonal run in behind the CBs, they would both be better on the inverted side.

redfanman likes this.
  23. Hope in your heart

Hope in your heart Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts... Admin

I watched him a lot during his Basel time. He was then being played predominantly coming in from the right and in the center, but he was as versatile as it gets, and could play on the left with the same effectivity. I don't know exactly how he has evolved since then, but I'd think that if Klopp is indeed interested in him, it would also be for his versatility across the attacking line.

redfanman and MarlboroMan like this.
  24. ILLOK

ILLOK In the Danger Zone.

Mane and Salah are both fast as fuck and score loads of goals. One is right footed, one is left footed.

Don't over-complicate it, they could play in the same side together without any fuss whatsoever.

25. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

Oh it will be a fuss, a big fuss for the opposing defence.... :-)

Livvy and redfanman like this.
  26. KMD1951

KMD1951 Member

Whilst Serie A isn't the league it once was, the stats he's put up in the last two seasons are very decent. As Limiescouse said, I don't remember his time at Chelsea being that bad. There are plenty of examples of young players struggling at clubs initially before a move has led to them kicking on.

As far as I'm concerned, if Juergen thinks he'll do a job for us that's more than good enough for me. There were plenty of people on here last year meaning about Mane and he turned out ok.

Livvy and Anfield rd Dreamer like this.
  27. ILLOK

Well yeah, exactly! There aren't many teams who have 1 full backs who can comfortably deal with that sort of player, let alone 2.

Salah would make loads and loads of sense. He could be a direct replacement/rotation for Mane to ensure the side always has serious pace, or he could play on the opposite wing. If you have those two out wide, it doesn't matter that Firmino isn't a natural number 9. It doesn't really matter that Origi's movement leaves a lot to be desired, and it wouldn't matter much that Sturridge can't do all that running in behind we used to see. We'd still be an attacking threat with Ragnar Klavan as the centre forward.

He's also 25, so a similar age to our other best attacking players. Coming into their prime, hopefully staying at Liverpool through it.

Livvy, Scott Jones, KMD1951 and 3 others like this.
  28. Makati Red

Makati Red Banned Users

Please god no he will be a massive failure in the PL he just doesnt have the physique for it

29. SoueysTash

SoueysTash GegenPosting

Rubbish, he's quick and tricky - he doesn't need physique. By the time the defenders put the shoulder into him he'll be at the byline or cutting inside.

He played very well for Chelsea. He will be quality

30. ILLOK

Go on then, I'll bite.

What physique is that?

Scott Jones, lfc.eddie and redfanman like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.