Moses Simon (LW/RW) Gent

Status
Not open for further replies.

UpTheReds

UpTheReds

A pacy rw/lw compares to a big unit #9 how? How are these things related?
I'm not convinced any of what you said is true. Origi has played wide in the past, and Simon must not be that fast to have been languishing in the Belgian league for 4 years.

21 goals in 136 games playing for Gent. Far from convincing.

I'm not convinced any of what you said is true. Origi has played wide in the past, and Simon must not be that fast to have been languishing in the Belgian league for 4 years.

Origi was rubbish on the wing and went backwards from there on,he's not a winger.

rupzzz

TIA Regular
£10m for a youngish winger as a squad option...worth a shot. I suspect they see him as a good squad addition with potential. Klopp wants to coach players and looks for a certain mentality.

If he is brought in, I hope it's not at the expense of Wilson.

UpTheReds

Guess we should let any club sign him first before splashing an extra 50-80mil more to sign him a season or two later.
He's going on 23 and has 4 seasons in the Belgian league never having scored more than 7 goals in a season. I'm not worried.

jgw_geneseo

Expert YouTube scout

He may not be the name or come with the price tag a lot of us are wanting, which is a perfectly fine argument to make. I just fail to see any relevance with this and Origi.

boston red

Show me the Mane.
I don't think there's anything in this. Where was the Echo on Fabinho?
Hi UTR, You'd would be doing well for yourself if you can find a source other than the Echo on that breaking news, No one knew nothing with 007 Edwards on the job. :eh?:

UpTheReds

He may not be the name or come with the price tag a lot of us are wanting, which is a perfectly fine argument to make. I just fail to see any relevance with this and Origi.
Origi is just a better player.

So is Harry Wilson.

Belgian league is mediocre most years and was even worse this year. And he couldn't even get in the top 10 goal scorers in the league? Nah. Laptop Mike is smarter than this.

HKReds

It hard to be worried when you choose to remain oblivious and just draw superficial conclusions on depthless observations. I personally have no idea how Gent utlisie their wingers but if it is in the traditional sense, those numbers are quite comparable to other young developing winger. Honestly I don't know how good he since I have never even seen him play before and until then I would rather not draw any conclusion, let alone voice out strongly on one.

As for talent, it is useless if you do not know or able to use them consistently

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
Certainly looks fast enough here.

I know he's unknown and the Belgian league isn't the most demanding, but if our scouts have been watching him "heavily" then I'll put my faith in them rather than pay attention to people who have never seen the guy play. If we buy him, then hopefully he'll turn out to be another Robbo.
[B]LFC Round Up[/B]‏ @[B]LFCroundup[/B] 4h4 hours ago
More
Fast, scores goals, pull’s off multiple back-flips & his middle name is Daddy. What more do you want?
[B]Tofe-T-Stats[/B]
https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/1004095717231812610

Witt

Belgian league is mediocre most years and was even worse this year. And he couldn't even get in the top 10 goal scorers in the league? Nah. Laptop Mike is smarter than this.
So a player you've never seen played is rubbish because he doesn't score dozens of goals ? Interesting. Everyone knows that the only thing that matters in football is the number of goals scored.
Belgian league is obviously poor (I am belgian so I know) but there are some great players that have played there.
By the way, he only played 3 seasons in Belgium.

UpTheReds

Certainly looks fast enough here.

I know he's unknown and the Belgian league isn't the most demanding, but if our scouts have been watching him "heavily" then I'll put my faith in them rather than pay attention to people who have never seen the guy play. If we buy him, then hopefully he'll turn out to be another Robbo.
[B]LFC Round Up[/B]‏ @[B]LFCroundup[/B] 4h4 hours ago
More
Fast, scores goals, pull’s off multiple back-flips & his middle name is Daddy. What more do you want?
[B]Tofe-T-Stats[/B]
https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/1004095717231812610
Robbo was a Premier League player, it shouldn't be forgotten. There's not a team in the Belgian league that wouldn't get relegated from the PL.

Edit: 7 goals in a season in a garbo league is not really "scores goals" to me.

Again, if he was that good he wouldn't have spent 4 years in Belgium. His best spell was the first season after he arrived, and still apparently no one thought that was his true level. And they were right.

Last edited:

UpTheReds

"Goal understands that the 22-year-old, who is about to enter the final year of his contract with the Belgian club, is one of a number of targets under consideration as Jurgen Klopp seeks a pacy, multi-functional forward player. "

This would seem to be the operative phrase. That number could be 25 for all we know. Maybe someone at the club fed them a bottom of the list name to see what they would do with it.

This is the kind of target you'd expect from Everton.

Even beyond the Bailey/Pulisic/Guedes/Malcom level (which is really where Liverpool should be), there's a long list of U23 guys better than this.

Richarlison, Chiesa, Traore, Kamano, Bamba (available on a free), Brandt, Saint-Maximin.

UpTheReds

Hi UTR, You'd would be doing well for yourself if you can find a source other than the Echo on that breaking news, No one knew nothing with 007 Edwards on the job. :eh?:
That's my point. No one knows anything. The only news is coming from elsewhere -- agents, other clubs, etc. Nothing is getting out of Liverpool that they don't want out. That's obvious now.

Red over the water

Klopp’s tenure shows us that we can sign top players and spend big money, while at the same time we can buy unheralded players for a modest sum and make them much more valuable than the initial price tag suggested. In addition to this we can also bring young lads through from the reserves, so hopefully this doesn’t spell the end for Harry Wilson.

All that said, if we sign this lad, bring it on and show us what you can do.

YeGra

Weren't we all a bit underwhelmed when we signed Robertson as our left back? Look how he turned out.

Similarly look at how Morata is panning out at Chelsea. Just because you're a big name from a big team from a big league, doesn't automatically mean you'll be a success.

Personally, this is a position within the team we can afford to go light on and recruit a player with potential. No one is usurping Salah and Mane as the starting winger roles, so the player who would be drafted in is for squad rotation.

vjcpatriot

Well regardless of talent, my concern is that he is from Nigeria. This means that if he becomes any good -- we will lose him for AFCON. And THREE of our top wingers -- Salah, Mane, Moses -- will be from participating countries -- Egypt, Senegal, and Nigeria. That will be an insane loss of depth for about a month every other year... I'm thinking this is probably a red herring. I know we are starved for news so it's not exactly unwelcome but consider the ramifications of the signing if it happens.

UpTheReds

Personally, this is a position within the team we can afford to go light on and recruit a player with potential. No one is usurping Salah and Mane as the starting winger roles, so the player who would be drafted in is for squad rotation.
Great, then let's sign Goduine Koyalipou out of Ligue 2 and hope he's the new Naby Keita/Riyad Mahrez talent there. Save about 9.5 million simoleons there, if not more.

Thinking you can sign a guy just to fill out the squad is how you end up with poor squad players. Liverpool did that for a decade or more.

If Liverpool is serious about trying to compete at the top of the sport, they don't sign guys like this. Look at Real Madrid's bench, that's what you want. This isn't what gets you there.

Last edited:

Seamus

Well regardless of talent, my concern is that he is from Nigeria. This means that if he becomes any good -- we will lose him for AFCON. And THREE of our top wingers -- Salah, Mane, Moses -- will be from participating countries -- Egypt, Senegal, and Nigeria. That will be an insane loss of depth for about a month every other year... I'm thinking this is probably a red herring. I know we are starved for news so it's not exactly unwelcome but consider the ramifications of the signing if it happens.
They've changed it. Summer tournament now.

rupzzz

TIA Regular
Nope. The AFCON will take place in summer now. 2019 one will be held in Cameroon during June and July.

K

Klopptinho

Origi was rubbish on the wing and went backwards from there on,he's not a winger.
so he's a wing back or a full back now ?

Anyone named moses simon reminds me of the transfer window of 2013 .

i think origi will be sold anyway but if the above name comes in to replace him - the irony is not lost on me .lol

do you know anything about this moses ?

Status
Not open for further replies.