• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

MOTM vs AFC Bournemouth (A-FAC)

Who's your MOTM?

• Brad Jones

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Martin Kelly

• Martin Skrtel

Votes: 17 25.4%
  • Kolo Toure

• Aly Cissokho

• Steven Gerrard

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • Jordan Henderson

• Victor Moses

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Daniel Sturridge

Votes: 13 19.4%
  • Philippe Coutinho

• Luis Suarez

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Jon Flanagan (for Kelly 73')

• Raheem Sterling (for Moses 84')

• Luis Alberto (for Coutinho 84')

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Several strong candidates Stevie was a force to behold - was popping up where he needed to be all day. Moses in the first half put in the sort of shift we have been expecting from him since he signed for us, now he needs to turn that into a regular performance. SAS were full of guile and craft and did not allow the Bournemouth defence any respite when either of them got on the ball.

But for me, anyone that can command the defence whilst having several staples to close a head wound takes a monumental effort, so Skrtel takes motm for his pure bravery and courage to do what was needed to be done

Joshua179

Thou Stevie, Daniel and Martin were class, I expect that from them three. I know it is about who was the best player on the day but for me, in terms of sheer improvement, Moses was excellent.

anglian_red

Martin Skrtel for me. He's got his critics but he's played every single game since the win over United and we need consistency in the back line with it so under threat right now. I have no doubt he'd have come off if Agger or Sakho were sat on the bench, but to sit behind the goal and have someone staple your head (with something straight from B&Q) then run back on and stick your head in the way of things shows he gives a damn.

It's also not the first time Skrtel has played on with injury due to us being very short of cover. Remember the start of the 09-10 season when he played against Stoke with a broken jaw because we didn't have anybody else?