• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

MOTM vs Arsenal (A-FAC)

Who's your MOTM?

• Brad Jones

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Jon Flanagan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Martin Skrtel

• Daniel Agger

• Aly Cissokho

• Steven Gerrard

Votes: 25 34.7%
  • Joe Allen

• Raheem Sterling

Votes: 36 50.0%
  • Daniel Sturridge

• Philippe Coutinho

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Luis Suarez

Votes: 9 12.5%
  • Jordan Henderson (for Cissokho 62')

• Total voters

LFC7NH

I guess overall it's Webb from an Arsenal point of view... he did everything he could to make sure they won without being too obvious. Who knew there was a limit of 1 penalty per game?!?! He was a joke.

WrongIslander

Sterling, superb again and also once again impressed when being asked to move to right back.

SirBillShankly

We live in a fallen world.
Thought the captain and Sterling were both brilliant, think Raheem was just a bit more impressive though.

Ataturk

★★★★★
Easily Raheem. One of his best ever games for us, he had no problems at full back either.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Stevie for me, would have had 2 assists in his name if the forwards netted those chances. Sublime through balls from deep is what he is made to do.

Herb

Sterling and Gerrard were our best two players today, Sterling just edging it for me though Gerrard was imperious again in his new role.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
Sterling again for me, though Gerrard is improving in that role, could see him playing for us beyond 36 if he continues to perform in that role.

anglian_red

Gerrard played well, in the second half when Arsenal were camped in their own half he had plenty of time to play those passes we know he can. Arsenal went with two in front of their defence today though and we should've done the same. People can debate Gerrard v Lucas but they'd have both played today if Lucas was fit.

basil1492

TIA Squad Member
Lucky as he was to stay on after he could have had a second yellow i would still have to give it to Stevie. He controlled everything in the middle and made some excellent passes that on another day would have been assists. He covered the back 4 well and couldn't have done much more.

The only other option was Sterling who i was very impressed with, especially when he went back to RB. It's unusual that DS and Suarez didn't play well enough to even be in contention for Motm, just hope it's a one off.

cw37

I go Sterling. Gerrard could also get it. But i will go for the young lad just. And besides Stevie is more likely to win it in the next few games.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Gerrard, then Sterling.

Picking Stevie ahead of Sterling because his final ball was far better and actually created numerous clear cut chances and scored himself. Sterling was excellent though, clearly our two best players.

slufsar

I thought Suarez was really good. Played deeper than usual, but was very effective. Created the best chances and got us what should've been two penalties.

In the case of Sturridge, I believe it mustve been fatigue. The guy is not used to play 3 games a week. Been a fringe player with a lot of injuries. Probably should've been rested today.

shachart

"You're supposed to help people that need a bit."
Gerrard, easy.

Performed great, tackled, intercepted, pushed the ball forward. long passes were great. shifted the weight between sides. scored one, if not for Webb would have scored another, and should have had an assist to his name.

TheFalse9

Stevie, then Sterling.

Gerrard is by far our best passer (even better than Coutinho, in my opinion) and also delivers some mean crosses from free-kicks and corners (when he takes them), and showed it today with some great passes. His penalty was the icing on the cake.

Sterling, as always, is a threat with his pace and direct running, and I felt he played particularly well today against Monreal. Obviously, he didn't really contribute too much in terms of goals or attempts on goal, but that's not really his job - his job is to run at defenders and just generally be a threat to the opposite left-back, and I felt he did that very well today.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Fabianski.

As for among our lads, I'd give it to Gerrard. Great penalty yet again, and committed at 100% (to the point at which he could have been sent off on that mistimed tackle in the second half). Made some wonderful through balls (one akin to the one he made against Fulham for Sturridge's goal), and a couple of long floating diagonal passes which were like poetry in motion at times.

Mentions for Sterling (incredibly energetic, vivid and fast, but not much end product unfortunately) and Coutinho (great balls for the forwards at times, got stuck in whenever needed).

Luis and Daniel had absolute stinkers today compared to their usual high standard.

WellRedKev

TIA Reserve Team
Sterling for me. Defensively and offensively our best player. Suarez a close second.

Gerrard was lucky to be still on the pitch, he has that instinct for a rash tackle which will test him at times in this position. He played well all the same.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
WellRedKev said:
Sterling for me. Defensively and offensively our best player. Suarez a close second.

Gerrard was lucky to be still on the pitch, he has that instinct for a rash tackle which will test him at times in this position. He played well all the same.
That's not the issue.

He obviously hates Chamberlain ;)

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
Raheem for me, very impressive today,starting to look the goods!

Stevie is slotting nicely into the new role, a close second.

bes

I dont get how people put Suarez as MOTM, other than drawing pks I dont think hes been all that these past few weeks.

I gave my vote to Coutinho, ultimately when we got into Arsenals half he was always pulling the strings. Stevie as my 2nd vote, Raheem did very well too

theres always tommorrow

Hope is in my heart again
Gerrard for me. If we are going to finish well this year it will have much to do with his attitude. Yes we have a world class striker and some real talent up front but HE makes the difference. Without him we are diminished as a team. Top man

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
So close. Gerrard by a PK over Raheem who had a stellar game.