• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

MOTM vs Arsenal (H)

Who's your MOTM?

• Simon Mignolet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jon Flanagan

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Martin Skrtel

Votes: 43 28.5%
  • Kolo Toure

• Aly Cissokho

• Steven Gerrard

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Jordan Henderson

• Raheem Sterling

Votes: 63 41.7%
  • Daniel Sturridge

• Philippe Coutinho

Votes: 36 23.8%
  • Luis Suarez

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Joe Allen (for Sturridge 66')

• Jordan Ibe (for Gerrard 76')

• Total voters

LFC7NH

Raheem is turning into the player we all knew he would... another sublime performance from him. His defensive work is fantastic too. Many other contenders too though, especially Martin with his two goals!

Points column = 5 points for most votes in a match, 3 points for second most votes in a match, 1 point for third most votes in a match
Total votes = Total number of man of the match votes received

RaoulDuke

Hardly-Known Member
I voted for sterling. But most players did a great job today. Couthino or flanno also might have deserved it.

Edit: How could I forget to mention skrtel??

Is there an option for the whole team? ;-)

Anyway I personally voted for Skrtel. Solid in defence and 2 great goals to put us in control. Won't get a much better performance from a central defender all season!

zagueiro

TIA Squad Member
Skrtel for me, got the goals that set the team rolling.

LFC-Orlando

TIA First Team
Ad-free Member
Too difficult....

Raheem and Phil were unbelievable. The captain was the quiet maestro who ensured everyone stayed on task.

Luis was so hard-working and deserved a goal. Dan was lethal in the chance that mattered. Both our backs were really good. Jordan and Kolo gave it all again.

At the end I had to give it to Martin. He did it again like he did in a couple of other critical situations. He is so solid it's unbelievable. And the importance of the early break-through is that it allowed for our offense to have a chance. Priceless when he does that.

New contract for me quickly

Ataturk

★★★★★
Sterling for me, but I could have picked 5 or 6 different players.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Woosh, that's a hard one... I went with Martin, who was nothing less than sensational today. Not only for his two goals, but also how he was leading the defensive line. Bar that mistimed tackle from Gerrard leading to the pen, we didn't concede any really dangerous situation. We also coped extremely well with all aerial balls, free-kicks and corners, it has to be said high and loud.

But every member of this team deserves a 10 out of 10 imo. Same goes for BR, who had it 100% spot on.

bes

Debatable between Sterling/Skrtel, gave it to Martitn and well deserved. Did everything you want out of a defender and scored 2 goals.

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
This wasn't easy, went for Skrtel, showed again his quality and 2 in the first little while gave Arsenal a mountain to climb.

theres always tommorrow

Hope is in my heart again
Incredible performance from all. I think this is the first game that I would have difficulty finding a weak link. Passion, commitment and skill in abundance. First to the ball, tackling high up the pitch, great goals, what more could you ask. So, just for his leadership, including the effort he put in which resulted in a penalty, Gerrard

Claymenza

Tie between martin and sterling. Scoring goals is icing on the cake for a defender, but he didn't really make any mistakes and shut up shop early on giroud.

If he gets offered a new contract, don't be surprised to see agger at Napoli next season. On paper, skrtel matches up well with sakho as a pairing.

lovepool

How is Coutinho not winning the poll? He had it all today brilliant passing and creativity plus he had plenty of passion and fight and did his part closing down Arsenal.

He outclassed Wilshere at times and the Londoner knew it.

Lucas

Coutinho for me, even better than his Everton game. Raheem came a very, very close second, also closely followed by.... the entire team!

alphakilo

TIA Regular
Went for Skrtel. If Suarez's two efforts had gone in it would've been him instead, but as it is I thought Skrtel's second was the hardest of all our goals today. Was solid defensively as well.

Flanagan, Coutinho and Sterling next for me, in that order.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
Sterling. He has been in insane form! if only he can be more lethal. He get atleast 3-4 good chances each game. He is going to be a stellar player if he keeps playing like this.

anglian_red

I went for Martin Skrtel. Got the opening goal, added to it and nobody got past him all day at the back either. If he wasn't alert we could've conceded an equaliser early on and it's a different game then.

Big mentions also to Kolo Toure who was very good after last weeks howler & I thought Coutinho was fantastic. That pass for the Sturridge goal is Champions League level.

Defuz

Sterling. With room for improvement with his finishing he's still more than fulfilling his promise. Must be ensuring himself a spot in Brazil the way he's going. Skittles was also a rock in the middle and two goals???? Now I feel guilty fore giving it to Raheem....but then I'd feel bad for taking it away from him. Phil looked great and Luis and Stevie-G performed like workhorses. How brilliant to have so many choices after a truly brilliant performance. I could get used to this...... :)

PS .....I screamed the loudest for that Luis shot that would have been the goal of the year......wow. Floored at that kind of skill.

Mada

TIA 2nd Team
I went with Skrtel because of the positive start less than a minute in and no shots on goal until somewhere near the 60th minute. While I cannot give Skrtel complete credit for that, he was part of a backline (and Stevie) that shut down nearly every attack.

When a CB is having a great day off set pieces with a brace and on the other end of the pitch, keeping a good team from scoring during the run of play, it is surely a MOTM-worthy performance.

ubermick

He's gone! HE'S GONE!!!!
Admin
While Skrtel was good, and two goals are a nice haul from a centre back, and Sterling was excellent, I gave it to Coutinho. Sterling did what you would expect of a player in his position, as did Skrtel, but Coutinho was given a different brief - he's a number 10, he's supposed to lurk just behind the forwards, swagger about the pitch in the opposition half, but today he was more of a box to box midfielder, and had an absolutely perfect blend of work rate and creativity. Was going gaga over him in the derby and thought that was his best performance in a Liverpool jersey, but this eclipsed it today. Was just magnificent.

Defuz

Mada said:
I went with Skrtel because of the positive start less than a minute in and no shots on goal until somewhere near the 60th minute. While I cannot give Skrtel complete credit for that, he was part of a backline (and Stevie) that shut down nearly every attack.

When a CB is having a great day off set pieces with a brace and on the other end of the pitch, keeping a good team from scoring during the run of play, it is surely a MOTM-worthy performance.
Have to agree......but then I thought Sterling was solid gold....but Skittles was brilliant.....but Raheem was too.....gotta love days like this!

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
I went for Sterling but yes it could have been Srktel, Coutinho or many others.

Herb

Sterling was outstanding again today. What a player he has become of late. Unlucky not to get his hat trick. Looks to have become stronger and ridiculously fast. He just pips Skrtel and Coutinho for me.

TheSweetSilverSong

Skrtel for me. Even though it's close, I can't imagine anyone else getting it. He did everything, rock solid in defense, 2 (that's 2!!!) goals, and the first two as well - with the second being absolutely stunning!

Many excellent performers today, Sterling, Coutinho, Flanagan, Gerrard, but pretty much everyone, and happy to see Aly putting in a great shift as well.

But Skrtel for sure stands out as MOTM for me.

RedLaw

JFT96
Really tough one to call, went for Coutinho in the end though, he was absolutely sensational and looks well and truly back to his best.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
I'd choose the whole team, but option isn't there so Sterling for me.

costared

TIA Reserve Team
There were certainly a lot of contenders this week, not one single below par performance in the whole team. For me however Raheem edged it.

Hatch Lover

Great game for all the team, my two favourites were Sterling and Suarez (90 minutes of constant thread) but my vote goes for Suarez because IMO he was the most entertaining player of the match.