• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

MOTM vs Aston Villa (H)

Who's your MOTM?

• Simon Mignolet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Glen Johnson

• Martin Skrtel

Votes: 15 18.5%
  • Kolo Toure

• Aly Cissokho

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Steven Gerrard

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Jordan Henderson

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • Raheem Sterling

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • Daniel Sturridge

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Philippe Coutinho

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Luis Suarez

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Lucas Leiva

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Joe Allen

Votes: 2 2.5%

• Total voters

Johnny T.

Still Grumpy....
zagueiro said:
The same as he always does............
Ok, but for a limited period of time, with no influence really on the game. Allen did as much and did he receive votes??

Edit, he did!

jimbo

TIA Regular
Manure lost to Chelsea, Everton go above us if they beat west brom. Spurs sack there manager and they have the same points as us??? Wtf alot of games to play but we should have beat Aston villa pressure is on us now..really spurs, Everton and us looking to take top 4

costared

TIA Reserve Team
Binomial said:
explain this? if it wernt for him we would have lost
He did not do badly when he was on but did nothing special either. To say we would have lost without him is ridiculous.

SirBillShankly

We live in a fallen world.
5 votes for Lucas, 3 for the captain? What's that all about? Thought Gerrard was superb 2nd half, he gets my vote.

Dane

Adios!
Ad-free Member
SirBillShankly said:
5 votes for Lucas, 3 for the captain? What's that all about? Thought Gerrard was superb 2nd half, he gets my vote.
That's the problem with these MOTM votes, they just wind people up and shouldn't really be taken seriously.

SirBillShankly

Dane said:
That's the problem with these MOTM votes, they just wind people up and shouldn't really be taken seriously.
And he was only on the pitch for 20 minutes. I suppose his introduction helped us have a better shape 2nd half, hence the votes for him, but he or Allen should have started the game , then maybe we would not have been 2 down.

SirBillShankly

yiannos33 said:
Hendo for me. The only one that hassled from opening minute to the end.
Sterling did his fair bit of hassling aswell. Thought him and Sturridge were really sharp.

anglian_red

I really don't know who to pick. I think if Lucas had managed the whole second half we'd be picking him and Liverpool would've probably just turned it around fully.

WellRedKev

TIA Reserve Team
Henderson? apart from his assist he didn't play that well at all.

Sterling was Liverpools Man of The Match. Allen was really good when he came on, never gave it away and picked the right passes, should have been on form the start. Gerrard played some lovely passes but his first half performance was shocking. So he's out of the running.

Sktrel was dominant in that second half with some really strong headers. He won just about every aerial battle in that second half.

Sterling and Sktrel for me with Joe Allen showing enough in30mins to come third.

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
Sterling for me...In a game where Coutinho, Suarez, Sturridge were all off the boil - he was, again, making things happen. Really hope he continues to play for the rest of the season.

Zoran

Sterling.

Simply because he was brave and productive when even our main guns were panicking with the ball at a crucial time when we needed that third goal.

Plus he does a quality job defensively as well (nothing new there, he's been doing it for the last couple of weeks).

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
The amount of ridiculous votes, in my opinion only of course, that goes to Lucas, Coutinho, Allen and Cissoko, goes to show how ridiculously we played. While I think Skrtel did pretty well, but he is one half of a disastrous showing in that first half for the CB, he cannot escape any sort of blame. Only Henderson and Sterling deserves any sort of credit and Sterling gets my vote for having the age of a young man but the mind and plays of a senior player. He stood out, even above Suarez for me, in this match and has been doing very well ever since he got back into the team.

LFC-Orlando

TIA First Team
Ad-free Member
Sterling - clearly. Not only did he do well, but he seemed to really care and try different things.

Unlike many others including our manager.