• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

MOTM vs Cardiff City (A)

Who's your MOTM?

• Simon Mignolet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Glen Johnson

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Martin Skrtel

Votes: 8 9.1%
  • Daniel Agger

• Jon Flanagan

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Steven Gerrard

• Jordan Henderson

• Joe Allen

• Philippe Coutinho

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Daniel Sturridge

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • Luis Suarez

Votes: 62 70.5%
  • Raheem Sterling (for Coutinho 68')

• Aly Cissokho (for Flanagan 73')

• Total voters

LFC7NH

Got to be Luis for me again.. hat trick and an assist. Another magnificent performance from him.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Went for Sturridge, bizarre to say when he scored a hatrick and got an assist but don't think Suarez was at the races yesterday lol feel stupid even typing that!

Basically Suarez didn't do much well but when he did something right it was a goal for him or Sturridge.

Think Sturridge did more good in the build up play and had better movement and his goal came at an important time to kill off the game. His assist for Suarez was beautiful under pressure and can't believe some don't think he intended it, he has been doing stuff like that since day one.

costared

TIA Reserve Team
I know our defence was poor in general but I thought Skrtle was outstanding defensively and on top of that he scored 2 vital goals to keep us in the game. It is hard to go against a hat trick scorer and Sturridge , they both did their job very well but I felt Skrtle went a bit above the call of duty.

ptt

2020, head of the table.
Suarez at 80% is in the top 3 in the world. He was at about 75% yesterday but it's never for a lack of effort.

Honourable mentions for Danny, SG and Hendo with Skrtel a 2 goal second.

spizfromoz

Attacking full backs creating width and extra players forward in attack will be a big part of our future title challenges. Thought Johnson did that well especially in the first half and got me excited. So gave my vote to him. Less impact in second half, but think his attacking play set us up well.

Doggie

Resident Optimist
Has to be Suarez, but Sturridge and Hendo were also fantastic.

WrongIslander

Suarez, it's not even a contest. 3 goals and as assist in a 6 goal game.

Special mention to Sturridge but come on.

norwegian wood

TIA Regular
For overall performance I'd say Johnson or Sturridge - but you can't argue with three goals and an assist. Suarez it is.

Drubas

Had to vote Glen Johnson. I've been extremely harsh on him and called him the worst LB/RW in Premier League 2014. This game is enough to shut me up and admit that I was too harsh. Even when he doesn't receive the ball, he opens up that right side. And defensively he was pretty damn solid too.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Suarez for me. Could have given it to Skrtel as well, but being a partner in a center-back partnership conceding three goals at Cardiff is a bit too suspect to get the accolade...

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Johnson for me.

He was good for the whole 90 minutes. Had a hand in numerous goals for us, brilliant on the overlap, good final ball and solid at the back.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
Hendo was class, if he can add more goals to his game he will be man of the match every game!
Voted for Suarez though, at 2-2 I was having diarrhoea !

Clive

Sturridge for me looked very sharp. Johnson very got as well as Illok mentioned above.

Herb

Luis again. Thought Johnson and Sturridge were both superb as well.

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
Voted for Luis, but was torn here, impressed with Skrtel and Johnson, the the defence, as a whole, did let 3 in,so back to the magician.

bes

Skrtel was the one that brought us back to 2-2 then got us the lead not long after. Solid defensively and you rarely see defenders scoring like he has, my motm

WellRedKev

TIA Reserve Team
Suarez, special mention for Glen Johnson.

Players starting to peak at the right time.

Young Flanno was below average in fairness. Might be exposed against City and Chelsea.

LFC-Orlando

TIA First Team
Ad-free Member
Easiest vote....for me 5 of our 6 goals were all Luis's doing:

-Hat trick
-Assist

And, a stat we won't see anywhere as credit to Luis: He took out 2 CC players with 2 consecutive shots from the free-kick, which allowed us to take the corner against 9 men

kotsebotse

TIA New Signing
I gave it to GJ mainly for two reasons:

1. The first half our attacking players didn't play very well giving the ball away too easily. Johnson was quite solid at the back for the whole game, nothing went through his zone and he was often involved in attacks, also managed to make one direct assist and was involved in two other goals.

2. Similar to the above can be said about Skrtel (with two goals and an assist), but.. oh how I hoped that I'll see the old GJ back, it's been so long that I thought it would never happen again in red shirt. It happened this game and I loved it so much that I have to give it to him.

Special mention to Sktrel, Sturridge and Suarez, think they all deserve it as well. I can't believe that I'll write this after hat-trick + assist, but Surez wasn't at his best, I thought Sturridge played slightly better overall, but that speaks for the player Luis is nowadays - he's so damn good that even when not his usual best, he can score three and assist another.