• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

MOTM vs Chelsea (A)

Who's your MOTM?

• Simon Mignolet

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Glen Johnson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Martin Skrtel

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Mamadou Sakho

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Daniel Agger

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • Lucas Leiva

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Joe Allen

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Raheem Sterling

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Jordan Henderson

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Philippe Coutinho

• Luis Suarez

• Total voters

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
None listed had good games. Subs aren't listed either

LFC7NH

Semmy said:
None listed had good games. Subs aren't listed either
Well Smith looked completely out of his element (and out of position), Aspas never touched the ball, and Toure was on for half a second. Which of those three was the best for us today?

Figured I would just leave those three off the list so those who think it's fun to vote for the worst player had to actually think.

Defuz

What an underwhelming choice. Skittles actually scored in the right goal, and he managed to not be caught molesting anyone from a corner so he gets my vote. Come to think of it, I wish he had of molested someone that might have prevented that second goal. As I said.... a truly underwhelming choice. Skittles over the bloke selling programs out front, but only just.

Maybe this is a good time to add a 'None of the above' option....

Kopreneur

TIA Youth Team
I thought Sakho was solid, but I went with Raheem.

Skrtel did OK except the second goal, the first was on (injured) Allen, didn't work to get back at all.

Sterling really is showing good technical skills in tight spaces with pace to burn. Impressed.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
mattyhurst said:
Went for Agger in my view, one of the very few who was composed enough to take the ball out and actually pass it around, Sterling also looked good the rest weren't at the races.
Same here, we didn't concede from set piece, but we were undone by counter attack. Can't fault him on the left, but looking at him during set piece, he was ushering the defensive line forward to not allow Chelsea to sneak in onside deep in our box. Mind you Chelsea has quite a few big players who can get on set pieces too.

bes

Martin for me. Gave us the lead and to the people saying hes @ fault for the Etoo goal they failed to block Oscar (Sakho/Agger/Lucas) from putting a ball basically on our line. And it was another savable shot :/

Claymenza

I was impressed by sterling's take ons. He was kind of lacking in the delivery but if we improve on that he can burn weaker opposition.

Coutinho was not as good. Attempted too many ambitious passes when suarez was surrounded.

The sooner sturridge returns, the better we will be.

shachart

"You're supposed to help people that need a bit."
Checked a few chelsea fan sites
, it seems that their MOM is Webb, by a landslide.

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
shachart said:
referee retribution for Thurs comments by BR,

shachart

"You're supposed to help people that need a bit."

RedLaw

JFT96
Easily Sterling for me. The lad has so much more to his game than just raw pace. Have been really impressed with his ability on the ball in recent weeks and he got past Chelsea players numerous times. Just needs to improve on his final delivery.

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
Thought Joe Allen had a decent game, Sterling too. Agger was OK but, really not his position LB - hopefully all these people shouting about playing him there can now keep schtum as he offers very little from LB.

Drubas

Sterling was great. Allen, Skrtl, Agger and Leiva did good.

Mignolet plays a big part in this defeat, as well as the City defeat. The second goal vs City was a real blunder, and the second goal vs Chelsea was a goal that a top goalkeeper has to save.

The worst performance however, was Johnson. He looks bored and uninspired. He makes good runs now and then, but his ability to actually threat in the box is surprisingly poor.

Aspas hasn't done one single good thing in the PL this season.

basil1492

TIA Squad Member
I went for Sterling but it shows how badly some played when the top player so far has 11 votes. Personally think they were all too tired (and in part too intimidated by the intensity (brutality) of some of the tackling) to play their usual game.

Maulkin

LittleFinger
Maybe when we loose, we should do an inverse MOTM thread, featuring the worst performer of the game. :D

WrongIslander

As I already said, Sterling for me also.

Gave us a genuine outlet and also worked hard to get back to cover the joke that is Glen Johnson.

Special mention also to Agger who did a fine job out of position.

ptt

2020, head of the table.
Sterling was very good but Agger takes it for me. Awareness, composure, skill and positioning. Please Brendan, play him every week.

yiannos33

Believe
Sterling was my man of the match. As mentioned he wasn't afraid to run at their defense but had to cover for Glen Johnson
At defense.